Top 50 English Communication Skills MCQs with Answers pdf for the preparation of Online and Offline Examinations of various Institutes.
Top 50 English Communication Skills MCQs with Answers
Here are the top 50 mcq on communication English pdf discussed below:-
1. The first model of communication is said to have been developed by ___
2. According to Hoben, “___ is the verbal interchange of thought or idea”
B. Writing skills
D. Oral Skills
3. Chester I Bernard observed that ___ linked people together in an organization to achieve a common purpose
B. only documents
4. A group of words that makes complete sense or gives complete meaning is called a ___.
C. principal clause
5. The English ___ won the world cup.
6. Identify the type of sentence, “The police caught the criminals who looted the mall.”
A. Simple sentence
B. Compound sentence
C. Complex sentence
D. Passive sentence
7 “The ants fought the wasps” is an example of ___ sentence.
8. “Somebody ___(Play) the drums”. The simple past form of the word ‘play’ to fill the blank is ___
B. was playing
C. had played
D. had been playing
9. Susan made up her mind to speak to me. The meaning of the phrase “made up” in the given sentence is ___
10. During an oral presentation, ___ is the stage where you tell the audience, the aim of your presentation.
D. Question session
11. Speaking to a group of people in an official gathering is called ___.
A. Oral presentation
C. Visual presentation
D. Audio presentation
12. OHP means ___.
A. On Head Projector
B. On Hand Projection
C. Over Head Projector
D. Over Hand Projection
13. In an oral presentation, the listeners can clarify their doubts in the ___ session.
B. description of methods and results
C. conclusions, suggestions, and summary
D. audience questions
14. ___ listening is also called critical listening.
15. Listening is an ___ process.
D. None of the above
16. A listener is concentrating on the appearance and delivery style of the speaker instead of the subject. In this case, the barrier to listening is ___.
A. jumping to conclusions
B. pre-judging subject
C. gathering only facts
D. Wrong focus
17. Reading for the information on the background of the organization where one is working is called ___.
A. Internal Information
B. External Information
C. Intra information
D. Action information
18. Looking quickly over a book to get a superficial idea of the content is called as ___.
A. Intensive Reading
B. Extensive Reading
19. In a business letter, ___ indicates to the reader of the letter, what the letter is about.
20. Linking words or phrases together so that the whole text is clear and readable is called ___.
21. While mentioning the previous job experience in a resume, you should follow the ___ order
B. the most important job first
D. reverse chronological
22. The name and address of the person you are writing to in a formal letter come in ___ part of the letter.
23. The document that is used to communicate within the organization is called ___.
24. In a report, an ___ would briefly highlight the objective of the project and the findings in a nutshell.
25. ___ mentions the allegation against the staff concerned and asks for a written explanation within a specified time
A. show cause notice
26. Usually the memos are written in ___ space in between the lines.
C. no space
D. no restrictions
27. The Press Release is usually written in ___ style.
A. First person
B. Second person
C. Third person
D. Active voice
28. Reading comprehension means ___ a written text.
29. Gathering only facts, without trying to understand the content, while listening is ___.
A. Strategy of effective oral communication
B. Barrier to effective oral communication
C. Strategy of effective listening skill
D. Barrier to effective listening skill
30. Different types of letters used for printing are called ___
31. Identify the disadvantage of oral communication.
A. immediate feedback is possible
B. listener’s reaction is observed
C. a considerable amount of money and time is spent
D. speaking to friends becomes easy
32. Give an appropriate question tag for the following sentence. The most important change is that of distance, ___?
A. isn’t it?
B. hasn’t it?
C. doesn’t it?
D. haven’t it?
33. Communication helps establish and ___ the goals of an organization.
34. ___ refers to the list of points that needs to be discussed at a meeting.
35. If you clearly understand the difference between two homophonic words, then you are successful as a ___ listener.
36. If you want to show and teach the complicated inner parts of a computer, the best presentation method you could adopt is ___.
A. focus attention
C. flip charts
37. ___ is an example of primary auxiliary
38. Our way of reading is influenced by the ___ of our reading.
39. ___ is the standardized tool used to handle customer complaints
40. Convert the sentence, Hari sits to eat his midday meal, into present perfect tense.
A. Hari sits to eat his midday meal
B. Hari is sitting to eat his midday meal
C. Hari has sat to eat his midday meal
D. Hari has been sitting to eat his midday meal
41. A sentence must contain a ___ and usually a ___.
A. verb and subject
B. noun and pronoun
C. verb and adverb
D. article and predicate
42. A simple sentence has___ and ___.
A. subject and predicate
B. subject and subordinate clause
C. main clause and subordinate clause
D. subject and the main clause
43. The sentences which have transitive verbs can be changed from ___ to ___voice.
A. direct to indirect
B. active to passive
C. simple to complex
D. complex to compound
44. While making slides with only text, ___or ___ on blue is pleasant to look at and easy to read
A. red or green
B. black or magenta
C. white or yellow
D. orange or pink
45. ___ is an active process; whereas ___ is a passive process.
A. Hearing; Listening
B. Listening; Hearing
C. Reading; Writing
D. Writing; Reading
46. While taking down notes, a lot of effort can be saved by using ___ and ___.
A. letters and numbers
B. alphabets and numerals
C. abbreviations and symbols
D. typing and tape recorder
47. The person who transmits messages is called ___ or ___.
A. Sender or transmitter
B. Encoder or decoder
C. Encoder or channel
D. Transmitter or decoder
48. The word ‘dialogue’ has come from two words, ‘dia’, means ___ and ‘logos’ means ___
A. to; people
B. through; words
C. two; words
D. two; to
49. SQ3R Technique of reading stands for:
A. Survey, Question, read, recall, review.
B. Survey, quotient, read, review, recall
C. Survey, question, relief, recall, read
D. Survey, question, recall, review, read
50. Which one of them is a type of listening?
A. Comprehension listening
B. Critical listening
C. Evaluative listening
D. Intensive listening
(b) 2, 3, 4
(c) 3, 4, 1
(d) 4, 2, 1
Communication Skills / English Communication book pdf download of top 50 MCQs
- Communication Skills MCQ : Set-1
- Communication Skills MCQ : Set-2
- Communication Skills MuCQ : Set-3
- Communication Skills MuCQ : Set-4
- Link to watch video format of these MCQs
Thanks for reading the post on English Communication Skills MCQs with Answers pdf please share on social media.