We built Communication Skills MCQs with Answers in PDF format. This allows students to take an interactive quiz on essential communication tactics and review the accompanying answers without flipping through textbooks or clicking through web pages.
Our goal is for individuals to understand the concept and remember what they learned from each lesson, enabling them to put the strategies into practice outside of the program.
Overview of Communication Skills MCQs
MCQ on Communication with Answers; Communication Skills in pdf for preparing job interviews, academic exams, and competitive exams like GATE, UGC, NET, CAT, MAT, CMAT, MAT, XAT, GMAT, GRE, IELTS, etc.
1. Take the first step towards mastering your communication skills today and download our free MCQ with Answers in PDF.
2. Improve your confidence and lock down the job of your dreams by unlocking the power of solid communication skills now!
3. Don’t wait any longer; seize your destiny and get on board. Grab the Communication Skills MCQ with Answers in PDF right now!
Communication Skills MCQs with Answers Pdf
1. ___ means communication without words.
a. Object communication
b. Written communication
c. Oral communication
d. Non-verbal communication
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (d., Explanation: Nonverbal communication is communication that does not involve words. It can include facial expressions, body language, and tone of voice.[/expand]
2. The person who transmits the message is called ___.
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (b., Explanation: The sender is someone who sends a message to someone else.[/expand]
3. ___ aims at making people work together for the common good of the organisation.
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (a., Explanation: Communication, People use communication to exchange information. It can happen through spoken words, written words, or other forms of communication, such as gestures or body language.[/expand]
4. At each stage of communication there is a potentiality of interference, which may hinder the process. Such interference is referred to as.
d. none of them
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (c., Explanation: The barrier of communication is a barrier that prevents people from talking to each other.[/expand]
5. ___ describes every type of human communication that is not verbal.
d. para language
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (d., Explanation: Words are important because they help us communicate with others.[/expand]
6. Normally, communication is ___ in which the information or message is transferred from one person to another.
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (b., Explanation: Interpersonal relationships are between people. They involve communicating with each other and getting along.[/expand]
7. What connects the sender to the receiver?
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (a., Explanation: The way we communicate with others is through a channel.[/expand]
8. The ___ in the usage of words may be a severe barrier to effective communication.
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (d., Explanation: When we communicate, sometimes what we say doesn’t come out the way we meant it to. It is called distortion.[/expand]
9. Most of us converse using ___ and ___ in addition to words when we speak.
a. body language and posture
b. gestures and body language
c. words and gestures
d. posture and eye gazing
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (b., Explanation: Gestures and body language are important ways to communicate with other people. They can indicate what a person is thinking or feeling and help to build relationships.[/expand]
10. ___ refers to pitch, loudness, length, intonation, and tempo.
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (b., Explanation: Proximity to the speaker in a spoken communication can affect the tone of the conversation.[/expand]
11. In ___ main intention is to seek specific information that will be appreciated.
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (d., Explanation: Therapy is a tool that can be used to improve communication.[/expand]
12. Dialogic listening is also known as ___.
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (b., Explanation: When someone is appreciative in communication, they are kind and thoughtful. Thank you for being communicative.[/expand]
13. ___ means glancing over a textbook to get a general, superficial idea of the content.
b. extensive reading
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (b., Explanation: Reading helps you understand communication better.[/expand]
14. ___ reading is ideal and supports comprehension
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (d., Explanation: We don’t always have to talk to each other to be able to communicate. Sometimes we can be quiet together and understand each other.[/expand]
15. What is the second step in the SQ3R of reading is ___?
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (b., Explanation: It means asking something.[/expand]
16. While creating a slide, the number of words should be at least a maximum of ___ per slide.
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (d., Explanation: Ten is a number that represents a lot. It describes several things, like 10 cookies, 10 cars, and 10 people.[/expand]
17. A business proposal from a company’s branch manager to the company’s managing director is an example of horizontal communication. (True / False).
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (FALSE), Explanation: When we talk to someone, we use our voice to communicate with them. It is horizontal communication.[/expand]
18. What is the complete form of the abbreviation of TQM?
a. total quality manager
b. total quality management
c. team quality management
d. total quality management
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (d., Explanation: Total quality management (TQM) is a way of ensuring that every product or service meets the highest possible standards. It helps organizations identify and fix problems early, improving customer satisfaction and making money.[/expand]
19. Communication between the members of an organization within itself is ___.
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (d., Explanation: Internal communication is how we communicate with each other inside our heads.[/expand]
20. Informal meetings mark ___ of the problem.
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (c., Explanation: The importance of something is how important it is to you.[/expand]
21. ___ is sent to a specific group of people, whereas ___ may be meant for the general public.
a. notice, memo
b. memo, circular
c. notice, circular
d. circular, notice
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (d., Explanation: Circular is when a message is sent around and around until it is finally received. Notice is when someone sends a message to another person to tell them what they will do or say next.[/expand]
22. The problem with proofreading is that you must be good at ___ and ___.
a. spelling, punctuation
b. pronunciation, spelling
c. punctuation, pronunciation
d. paraphrasing, spelling
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (a., Explanation: The word “spelling” means to spell words correctly. Punctuation uses marks ( punctuation marks ) to show where one sentence ends and the following sentence begins.[/expand]
23. Every sentence has two essential parts, ___ and ___.
a. clause, predicate
b. subject, phrase
c. predicate, subject
d. subject, clause
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (c., Explanation: The predicate is part of a sentence that tells what the subject is. The subject is the person or thing that is talked about.[/expand]
24. Oral communication ensures ___ and ___.
a. speedy interaction; immediate response
b. adequate attention; immediate response
c. fluency; speed. speed; attention
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (b., Explanation: If you get adequate attention, you’ll be able to learn and do well. When someone wants to talk to us, they send us a message immediately. This way, we can respond right away and have a conversation.[/expand]
25. Finds out error?
Either the manager or their subordinates failed in their duty.
a. failed- fails, subordinates- subordinate
b. their- his, his- their
c. either- neither, or- nor
d. the- a in- for
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (b., Explanation: When someone says “there,” they are referring to something that belongs to them (like a toy or article of clothing). When someone says “his,” they refer to something that belongs to the person speaking (like their own name or a topic of conversation).[/expand]
26. As means of communication, e-mails have features of the immediacy of ___ and ___.
a. reading, receiving
b. writing, sending
c. calling, receiving
d. receiving, sending
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (d., Explanation: When someone sends a letter, they are receiving a letter in return.[/expand]
27. Unclarified assumptions in communication can result in ___ and ___.
a. information overload, selective perception
b. lack of planning, physical barriers
c. premature evaluation, poor listening
d. confusion, misunderstanding
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (d., Explanation: When someone doesn’t understand what you’re saying, they may feel confused.[/expand]
28. A resume needs conceptualisation of your ___ and, ___ all into one document.
a. projects, skills
b. objectives, experiences
c. accomplishments, experiences
d. skills, aims
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (c., Explanation: Accomplishments are things that you do that show that you are smart and can learn new things. Experiences are things that you do that make you feel happy and excited.[/expand]
29. The semantic markers utilized to express time relationships are:
a. next, after
b. after, consequently
c. hence, to summarize
d. while, because
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (a., Explanation: Next means happening right after something else. After means having happened after another event.[/expand]
30. ___ and ___ act as barriers to communication.
a. semantic distortions, lack of planning
b. sender, receiver
c. channel, message
d. feedback, the sender
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (a., Explanation: The two main types of mistakes people make are semantic distortions and lack of planning. Semantic distortions are when someone’s thinking or speaking inaccurately because their thinking or speaking has been affected by a mistaken belief. Lack of planning is when someone needs a plan or needs a specific goal in mind.[/expand]
31. When a word with a silent “e” at the end combine with an ending that start a vowel, the final “e” is ___; for example, the surprise gives you ___.
a. unchanged, surprising
b. dropped, surprising
c. deleted, surprising
d. changed, surprising
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (b.,Explanation: Dropping something is when it falls from your hand. Surprising someone is when you do something unexpected to them, like hiding behind them or throwing a ball at their feet.[/expand]
32. The primary goal of communication is ___?
a. to create noises
b. to create barriers
c. to effect a change
d. none of these
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (c.,Explanation: We can change things by doing things differently.[/expand]
33. Communication by ____ and ____ is called verbal communication?
a. written material and gestures
b. body language and gestures
c. spoken words and written material
d. gestures and spoken words
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (c.,Explanation: Some people use spoken words to communicate, while others use written material to do the same.[/expand]
34. ___ is an exchange of ideas, opinions, facts, or emotions by two or more persons.
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (a.,Explanation: Talking to someone is important because it allows you to share your feelings and thoughts with them. Hearing what they have to say can help you understand them better.[/expand]
35. The ___ of the correct channel depend on the situation under which the communication occurs.
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (b.,Explanation: Choice means you can choose what to do. You can decide to do something you want, or you can do something someone else wants you to do.[/expand]
36. Which is the study of touches as non-verbal communication?
b. body language
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (a.,Explanation: Haptics is the science of feeling or experiencing the physical sensations of touch, including feelings like pressure, temperature, vibration, and movement.[/expand]
37. Which is the fourth step in the SQ3R technique of reading?
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (a.,Explanation: Recall is the ability to remember what you have seen, heard, or experienced.[/expand]
38. ___ is an announcement sheet sent to a specific group of people.
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (c.[/expand]
39. ___ is a statement of facts about a situation, project process, or test that should be supported.
a. notice, proof
b. technical report, evidence
c. memo, information
d. letter, documentors
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (b.,Explanation: A “technical report” is a document that describes how something works, while “evidence” is what proves that something works.[/expand]
40. Which is done when you need to continue learning and studying to develop your thinking and skills?
a. professional reading
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (a.,Explanation: Professional reading is when someone reads books for a living.[/expand]
41. ___ and ___ as visual aids should contain the required information.
a. flip charts slide
b. PowerPoint, overhead projects
c. video, film
d. overhead projects, slides
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (d.,Explanation: When we do an overhead project, we use a projector to show the picture on a big screen. When we make a slide, we use a unique piece of paper to roll up and display it on a small screen.[/expand]
42. Excessive ___ communication in the workspace may also prove ___. It may lead to negligence at work.
a. formal, positive
b. informal, negative
c. verbal, positive
d. non-verbal, negative
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (b.,Explanation: Informal language is more casual. It’s less formal and more relaxed than formal language. Negative language is used to describe things that are not good. It can be very critical and negative.[/expand]
43. Communication helps managers utilise ___ and ____ in the most effective and efficient manner.
a. plans, goals
b. control, evaluation of performance
c. employees, organization
d. manpower, resources
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (d.,Explanation: Manpower refers to the number of people available to work. Resources refer to the money, materials, or other things available to help work be done.[/expand]
44. The most essential part of the ____ process is thinking of converting to ___ what one hears.
a. hearing, interpreting
b. speaking, meaning
c. reading, understanding
d. listening, meaning
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (d.,Explanation: “Listening” means hearing what someone is saying. “Meaning” is what someone is trying to say.[/expand]
45. Language of a memo ought to be ___ and ___ to understand?
a. concise, difficult
b. direct, concise
c. lucid, easy
d. indirect, personal
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (c.,Explanation: Direct writing is when you say everything you want to say in one sentence. Concise writing is when you use fewer words to say the same thing.[/expand]
46. What is the full form of R&D?
a. research and demand
b. recharge and discard
c. resources and development
d. research and development
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (d.,Explanation: Research is when scientists look at things to figure out how they work or what they are made of. Development is when people use research to develop new medicines or technologies.[/expand]
47. Find out the error?
Besides being skilled at tennis, he is also an excellent player at golf.
a. excellent- intelligent, besides – besides
b. beside- besides, in-at
c. good- better, being- been
d. in- at, being- been
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (b.,Explanation: Beside means to be beside or near something else. In-at means to go inside or into something else.[/expand]
48. In letter writing ____ indicate what the ___ is about to the reader.
a. salutation, letter
b. Subject, notice
c. body, memo
d. subject, letter
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (d.,Explanation: Subjects are things that are talked about, and letters are things that are written.[/expand]
49. Using overhead projectors, you can reveal the information line using an ___ sheet over the ___.
a. opaque, flip chart
b. translucent, transparency
c. transparent, slide
d. opaque, transparency
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (d.,Explanation: Some things are difficult to see through, while others are easy to see through.[/expand]
50. The press release is a ____ news ____ story written in ____ person that seeks to Show an editor or reporter the newsworthiness of a specific person, event, service, or product.
a. real, second
b. pseudo, third
c. false, first
d. original, third
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (b.,Explanation: Pseudo is a word that is used to describe something that is not the thing it is pretending to be. Third is a word that describes something different from the other two things.[/expand]
51. Communication is an interaction between a sender and receiver involving a transfer of ___.
c. verbal elements
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (b., Explanation: Communication involves the exchange or transfer of information between a sender and a receiver.[/expand]
52. Complete the following statements with appropriate conjunctions?
1. ___ she worked hard, but she failed.
2. I cannot lift the bag ___ it is cumbersome.
3. The current status report is attached; ___ I have highlighted the figures.
4. ____ we haven’t money; we can’t buy it.
a. although, because, and since
b. because, since, and, although
c. since, and, although, because
d. and, although, since, because
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (a.,Explanation: Although, because, and since are links connecting words and phrases. They are used to show how something is bound.[/expand]
53. Say whether true or false-
1. use simple language free of clichés while writing a memo.
2. The typist’s name, who typed the minutes, is included when submitting them.
3. The minutes of the meeting must contains the point of view of the minute taker.
4. We can use tables and charts in a memo.
a. false, true, true, true
b. true, false, false, true
c. false, true, true, false
d. false, false, false
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (b.[/expand]
54. What is the full form of FOB?
a. fire on board
b. free of the board
c. free onboard
d. free on broad
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (c.,Explanation: The free onboard message means that the other person is free to do whatever they want.[/expand]
55. _______________ is the manner in which your speech is presented.
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (d., Explanation: Delivery refers to how a speech or message is presented, including factors such as tone, body language, vocal expression, and overall presentation style.[/expand]
56. The technique of BLAST is a valuable tool for managing customers who are expressing complaints. The abbreviation means:
a. belief, listen, apologize, satisfy, treat
b. belief, listen, apologize, suggest, thank
c. belief, listen, apologize, satisfy, thank
d. belief, list, apologize, satisfy, thank
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (c., Explanation: Believing means listening to what someone has to say. If someone is upset, they may want to apologize. Satisfying someone means making them feel good. When someone is thanked, it shows that they were listened to and that the person cares.[/expand]
57. What should you do when there is a misunderstanding with a customer?
a. Listen actively to the customer’s perspective and seek to understand their concerns.
b. Immediately become defensive and argue your point of view.
c. Ignore the customer and hope the issue resolves itself.
d. Blame the customer for the misunderstanding.
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (a., Explanation: It’s essential to remain calm and professional in the face of a misunderstanding and to actively listen to the customer to ensure that you understand their perspective.[/expand]
58. Choose the correct option; which of the following is a severe deficiency in communication?
a. Scholastic backwardness
b. Infantile Autism
c. Learning Disability
d. Hearing impairment
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (b., Explanation: Autism in infancy is a disorder that usually manifests within the first three years of life. It is characterized by difficulty with communication, social interaction, and repetitive behaviors.[/expand]
59. The acronym SQ3R represents the reading technique.
a. Survey, Question, read, recall, review.
b. Survey, question, recall, review, read
c. Survey, question, relief, recall, read
d. Survey, quotient, read, review, recall
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (a., Explanation: We are going to do a survey. We will ask some questions and then read what you have to say. After that, we are going to review what you said so that we can remember it.[/expand]
60. communication is sharing information between two or more persons with continuous ___.
a. Feedback and understanding
b. Sender and receiver
c. Participating actively
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (a., Explanation: When someone understands you, they listen to what you have to say. They don’t just hear the words but how you feel and what you’re trying to say. They take all of this information in and then respond. When you do something well, you get feedback.[/expand]
61. Which of them is a form of reading?
1. extensive reading,
2. evaluative reading
4. intensive reading
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (b.[/expand]
62. While composing ____ message, only keywords and ___ are used. Function words like ___ and ___ should not be included.
a. formal, symbols, nouns, pronouns
b. face-to-face, signs, articles, nouns
c. telephonic, structures, conjunctions, prepositions
d. telegraphic, phrases, articles, prepositions.
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (d., Explanation: Telegraphic language is made up of short phrases that are often used together. Articles (a, an, the) are also used together to make phrases (a group of articles). Prepositions (in, on, by) are also used together to make phrases (near, on top of, above).[/expand]
63. What is the full form of RSI?
a. Repetitive Stress Injury
b. Repetitive Strain Inquiry
c. Repetition Strain Injury
d. Repetitive Strain Injury
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (d., Explanation: Repeating a specific action over and over can cause damage to the nerves in the neck and shoulders, which can make it harder for you to speak or move your arms and hands.[/expand]
64. Which of these does not deal with precise information?
d. Fiction writer
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (d., Explanation: A person who writes stories is called a fiction writer. They create stories that people can read and enjoy.[/expand]
65. What is the correct structure of the letter among the following options?
a. address, salutation, date, body, subject, enclosure, signature
b. address, date, subject, body, salutation, enclosure, signature
c. address, date, body, subject, signature, enclosure
d. postal address of the applicant, date, salutation, subject, body, signature, enclosure
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (d.[/expand]
66. To separate a noun clause before a verb ___ is used.
b. Quotation Mark
c. Full stop
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (d.[/expand]
67. Which is the most important aspect of style in a language?
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (c., Explanation: Punctuation is what marks the different parts of a sentence. It helps us understand the sentence and makes it easier to read.[/expand]
68. This is a means of making thoughts and ideas clearer and easier to grasp by breaking them down into logical units
b. Punctuation marks
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (b.[/expand]
69. Punctuation determines the combination of two words to make a ___.
d. Phrase or clause
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (d., Explanation: A phrase is a group of words that are usually put together to say a complete thought. A clause is a group of words traditionally used to describe a term.[/expand]
70. ___ is also called “Period in American English.
c. Full stop
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (c., Explanation: This is a complete stop, which is the end of a sentence.[/expand]
71. Whereas a dash is used to separate two words, ____ is used to unite them.
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (c., Explanation: A hyphen is a line that connects two words or letters.[/expand]
72. ___ separates clauses of a compound sentence when they have a comma
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (b., Explanation: The semicolon is a punctuation mark utilized for dividing two independent clauses.[/expand]
73. A gathering of individuals with the shared goal of resolving an issue through discussion and collaboration is known as a forum.
d. Group Discussion
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (d., Explanation: In the group discussion, we all share our ideas and opinions on a topic. We also listen to and learn from each other. It helps us understand the subject better and reach a consensus.[/expand]
74. ___ is the person who coordinates the group discussion
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (c., Explanation: The moderator helps make sure the discussion stays on track and is understandable to everyone.[/expand]
75. A ___ narrates a situation or an event
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (a., Explanation: In communication, a Case is how we label different parts of a message.[/expand]
76. Back straight, legs and arms uncrossed, indicates a ___ posture.
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (c., Explanation: Open is a way to share information with others.[/expand]
77. The ___ indicates contraction and possession in the sentence.
c. Full stop
d. Quotation Marks
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (b., Explanation: An apostrophe is a letter that is used to show that something is not a word. For example, the “s” in “cats” is an apostrophe, not a word.[/expand]
78. ___ encloses the words of a speaker.
a. Quotation Marks
c. Full stop
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (a., Explanation: Quotation marks are used to show where words or phrases have been taken from.[/expand]
79. ___ pertains to the “what to say” look of the group discussion.
c. Group Behaviour
d. Knowledge of the content
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (d., Explanation: Knowing the content of a story is essential so that you can understand it and enjoy it.[/expand]
80. Group discussion is arranged to measure certain ___ of the participants, which are otherwise tough to identify and time-consuming to assess.
b. Traits and qualities
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (b., Explanation: When it comes to things like character, people usually have different things that they look for in a person. Some people might look for things like kindness, honesty, and courage, while others might focus more on intelligence or athleticism.[/expand]
81. Which is mainly used to introduce words that explain, interpret, or amplify what precedes it
c. The hyphen
d. Full stop
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (a., Explanation: Colons are used to show where one sentence ends and the following sentence begins.[/expand]
82. What can be used to show the omission of a verb in a sentence?
b. The hyphen
c. Full stop
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (a., Explanation: A comma is a little piece of punctuation that is used to separate words in a sentence.[/expand]
83. Showing direction to a group need the following qualities
b. Good Appearance
c. Open body language
d. Communication skills
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (a., Explanation: Leadership in communication means being able to control and manage communication in a way that benefits everyone involved.[/expand]
84. Which of the following is not an example of thoughtful message encoding?
a. Choosing clear and concise language.
b. Adapting the message to the recipient’s knowledge level.
c. Using appropriate nonverbal cues.
d. Ignoring feedback from the recipient.
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (d., Explanation: Ignoring feedback from the recipient,” is the correct answer as it does not align with thoughtful message encoding.[/expand]
85. Why reading is ideal and helps comprehension?
a. It improves physical health
b. It provides a break from mental activity
c. It enhances comprehension skills
d. It decreases attention span
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (c., Explanation: Reading involves active engagement with text, which stimulates the brain and enhances comprehension abilities. Through reading, individuals develop vocabulary, critical thinking, and analytical skills, contributing to better understanding of various subjects.[/expand]
86. What is the primary benefit of reading for comprehension?
a. Increased screen time
b. Improved memory retention
c. Faster decision-making
d. Reduced imagination
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (b., Explanation: Reading requires focused attention and processing of information, which helps in strengthening memory and retaining details. This is crucial for better comprehension and long-term learning.[/expand]
87. How does reading contribute to expanding vocabulary?
a. It limits exposure to new words
b. It decreases interest in language
c. It exposes readers to diverse words
d. It has no impact on vocabulary
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (c., Explanation: Reading exposes individuals to a wide range of words and phrases, often beyond their everyday conversations. This exposure broadens vocabulary and allows readers to understand and use language more effectively.[/expand]
88. Which activity is closely related to reading for optimal comprehension?
a. Multitasking and distractions
b. Passive listening to music
c. Active engagement and focus
d. Avoiding new experiences
[expand title=”Show Answer”]Answer (c., Explanation: Reading with active engagement, concentration, and focus enhances comprehension. Distractions can hinder understanding, so creating a conducive environment and being actively involved in the reading process is essential.[/expand]
“Now you can test your IQ on the most appropriate “25 MCQ Quiz of Communication Skills”
FAQ on Communication Skills
Q1. What is Communication?
Ans: Communication is the exchange of information between two or more people through language or any other form of communication.
Communication can be in the form of verbal communication or non-verbal communication.
Q2. What are the types of communication?
There are several types of communication:
- Verbal communication: Using spoken or written words to convey messages.
- Nonverbal communication: Communication without words, such as body language, gestures, and facial expressions.
- Written communication: Communication through written texts, such as emails, letters, or reports.
- Visual communication: Sharing information through visual aids like charts, graphs, or images.
- Electronic communication: Communication through technology, such as emails, instant messaging, or video calls.
Q3. How can we improve our communication skills?
Ans: Communication skills are an essential part of life. They help build relationships and can help you work better and achieve more at work.
Communication skills are also essential to have in college. Whether in high school or college, you must work with people throughout your life.
To be successful, you can communicate with people in a manner that is comfortable for them. You must also be able to identify the communication style of others and adjust your own to suit their needs.
Q4. That means communication without words
Ans: Means of communication without words have been used since ancient times when humans developed ways to convey their thoughts and emotions without using spoken language.
These nonverbal means of communication include body language, facial expressions, gestures, and even silence. They are powerful tools that allow us to express ourselves in ways that words cannot.
Body language is the most important means of nonverbal communication. It includes everything from posture and stance to moving our arms and legs. Body language can convey many emotions, from happiness and confidence to fear and anxiety.
Facial expressions are also important, as they can reveal our true feelings even if we try to hide them with words. A smile can indicate happiness or warmth, while a frown might show sadness or anger.
Gestures are another means of communication without words.
Q5. What are 5 good communication skills?
- Effective listening
- Clear and concise verbal communication
- Nonverbal communication
- Empathy and understanding
- Conflict resolution and negotiation
Q6. What are interpersonal skills?
Interpersonal skills refer to the abilities and qualities that enable individuals to interact and communicate effectively with others. These skills include active listening, empathy, teamwork, problem-solving, and conflict resolution.
Q7. What do interpersonal skills mean?
Interpersonal skills refer to the abilities and qualities that allow individuals to interact and communicate effectively with others. These skills are essential for building and maintaining relationships, resolving conflicts, and collaborating.
Q8. What is active listening in communication?
Active listening is a communication skill that focuses entirely on understanding the speaker’s message. It requires giving undivided attention, interpreting verbal and nonverbal cues, asking questions for clarification, and providing feedback to ensure understanding.
Q9. What are communication skills?
Communication skills refer to the abilities and techniques used to effectively convey information, ideas, thoughts, or feelings to others. The abilities that are encompassed by these skills are effective communication through both verbal and nonverbal means, attentive listening, clear articulation, the capacity for empathy, and the ability to adjust communication methods to suit various circumstances and audiences.
Q10. What is group communication?
Group communication refers to exchanging information, ideas, and opinions among multiple individuals within a group or team setting. It involves effective listening, speaking, and collaboration to achieve shared goals and objectives.
Q11. What is interpersonal communication?
Interpersonal communication is exchanging information, thoughts, and feelings between two or more individuals. It involves verbal and nonverbal communication, active listening, empathy, and understanding in personal interactions.
Q12. What is listening in communication?
Listening in communication is receiving, interpreting, and understanding spoken or written messages from others. It involves paying attention, comprehending the content, and providing appropriate responses or feedback.
Q13. What is a message in communication?
In communication, a message refers to the information, ideas, thoughts, or feelings a sender wants to convey to a receiver. It can be expressed through various mediums, such as words, gestures, symbols, or visual representations.
Q14. What is the definition of communication?
Communication is exchanging or transferring information, ideas, thoughts, or feelings between individuals or groups.
It involves a sender encoding and transmitting a message through a medium and a receiver decoding and understanding the message. Effective communication facilitates understanding, collaboration, and meaningful interaction.
We hope you enjoyed reading MCQs on communication skills. With this knowledge, you can be more effective in any situation. So what are you waiting for? Improve your communication skills Exams by applying these MCQs today!
Please get in touch with us anytime if you have any other questions or concerns about effective communication. We appreciate your time spent reading and are thrilled when our posts offer useful insights on educational subjects such as this one!
You may also like to read:
- Interpersonal Skills including Communication Skills MCQ: Set-2
- Communication Skills Multiple Choice Questions and Answers: Set-3
- Cloud Computing Multiple Choice Questions and Answers
Thanks for reading our MCQ on Communication Skills; you can download it in pdf from the below link.