Communication Skills Multiple Choice Questions and Answers pdf. MCQ on Types of Communication for the preparation of general & competitive exam.
Communication Skills MCQs with Answers
1. Business letters are written to convey a ___, ___, ___ and ___ message to the receiver.
Ans: Clear, concise, correct and simple.
2. A letter is formal when two individuals or organization ___ in-between each other.
3. A personal letter represents ___ and ___ form.
Ans: Informal, unstructured
4. Structure of a letter has four points. Choose the correct options:
a) Adjustment, Informative, Closing
b) Opening, Quality, Service
c) Body, Closing, Heading
d) Opening, Enclosure, Closing.
Ans: c) Body, Closing, Heading
5. Salutation is given in the letter only to show respect to the reader and not to maintain a standard format. (True / False).
6. CC is the abbreviation of ___.
Ans: Carbon copy
7. Signature and enclosure are not as important as a salutation or the body of the passage. (True / False).
8. A letter of instruction is a ___ letter that contains a sales message.
9. Correct attitude is required for writing a letter because it has serious ___on the reader.
10. Legal letters are different from enquiry letter but they also have something in common. What is it?
Ans: Action, interest
11. Buying a commodity from the market or issuing a letter to purchase goods from a supplier is known as ___.
Ans: Letter of transmission.
12. A letter giving instruction to the reader should be purposeful, detailed and ___ oriented.
13. Reports are useful tools for identifying the various events and compiling them together. (True/False)
14. Report differs from an essay because it ( report) has more freedom and flexibility. (True/False)
15. Report is written because it is a routine job, but more of an essential informative document. (True/False)
16. A good report helps the executives to take various decisions in a strategic way. (True/False)
17. To write a good report it is necessary to have a good command of the English Language. (True/False)
18. Graphical representations make the report more interesting and factual rather than writing it in a story format. (True/False)
19. A report should be simple, understandable and professional, otherwise, it loses its importance. (True/False)
Ans: 7. True
20. It is important to disclose your name, roll number, guide‟s name in the report. (True/False).
21. Chapters should include specifications, practical details, system behaviours and characteristics. (True/False).
22. In the reference section, if you are drawing information from a manual, it should not include the author’s name. (Yes/ No).
23. Avoid using long sentences in the e-mail. (True/False).
24. Use active voice instead of passive voice while framing the e-mail. (True/False).
25. You can copy a message without prior permission. (True/False).
26. Avoid contractions in e-mails. (True/False).
27. Avoid clichés in e-mails. (True/False).
28. E-mails should consist of a meaningful subject line. This helps determine the reader to reply, forward or trash the mail. (True/False).
29. Proofreading is not required for e-mails. (True/False).
30. Fill in the blanks in the following statements:
i) The purpose of the presentation may fall into any of the___ categories; ___.
ii) Every aspect of your presentation should reinforce the ___.
iii) It is important to get some prior information about the ___ and ___.
iv) The ___and ___ of presentation may vary from one type of audience to another.
v) Feeling nervous before a presentation is ___.
i) Three, to inform, analyze or persuade.
ii) Key message.
iii) Audience, locale.
iv) content , style
31. Which of the following statements are correct?
i) A cursory reading about your topic is enough for a presentation.
ii) The material and information you have selected must be structured coherently and logically.
iii) The key message should be stated at the end of the presentation.
iv) While concluding, one should restate the key message, go over the main points and wrap up logically and effectively.
v) Practice and rehearsal can help you to deal with nerves.
32. Fill in the blanks with appropriate words or phrases:
i) ___ and ___ are powerful motivators and can be used to our ___.
ii) Your ___ is the vehicle for conveying your ___.
iii) Maintaining___ with the audience keeps them involved.
iv) A good speaker should constantly assess the ___of the audience.
v) Audiovisual aids are a___ not a ___ for the speaker.
i) Stress, nerves, advantage.
ii) Voice, message.
iii) eye contact
iv) reaction / response
v) supplement , substitute
33. ___ is a structured meeting with an educational purpose.
34. ___ is called to address a crisis.
Ans: Emergency meetings
35. ___ is a highly structured, moderated meeting, like a presentation, where various participants contribute following a fixed agenda.
36. ___ is a gathering called to discuss one subject, such as a work issue or a task related to a project.
Ans: Topical meeting
37. ___ is a regularly scheduled meeting.
Ans: Standing meeting
38. Brainstorming Sessions are also called “Think tank” meetings (True/False).
39. The colloquial term for a ___ is a “dog and pony show.”
Ans: Pitch session
40. You may have to rewrite your resume for every new job you apply for because every job has its own specific requirements. (True or False).
41. Written symbols represent the thoughts and concepts of human beings. (Correct / Incorrect)
42. Writing is meant to be read and deciphered into a coherent meaning. (Correct / Incorrect)
43. Reading is not constrained by time, proximity or place. (Correct / Incorrect)
44. Illiterate people can use all four language skills. (Correct / Incorrect)
45. Reading is a complex cognitive activity. (Correct / Incorrect)
46. Reading is a ___ activity.
47. One needs to be ___ and ___ while reading to learn something.
Ans: thorough, focused
48. We do ___ reading when we are looking for some specific information.
49. Reading for research requires ___ and ___reading.
Ans: careful, analytical
50. While reading for pleasure, you are not under pressure to ___.
Ans: Retain the content.
51. Reading entails ___.
Ans: Active mental involvement of the reader with the text
52. Different purposes require ___.
Ans: Different methods of reading.
53. Scanning is used for ___.
Ans: Finding some specific information.
54. Skimming helps you to get an ___.
Ans: Overview or preview of the written word.
55. Intensive reading is the most ___.
Ans: Focused and slowest type of reading.
56. Employment communication is an important part of the communication process because of ___.
Ans: Global competition.
57. A resume is drafted with an objective to ___ your ___ to ___ employer.
Ans: Highlight, experience, potential.
58. A resume should maintain certain standards. Tick the correct one.
a) Computer friendly and reference check.
b) Extra-curricular activities and heading to be clear.
c) Readable and professional outlook.
d) Tenure, punctuation, line spacing.
Ans: c) Readable and professional outlook.
59. A resume should be written in ___ font and saved in ___ format.
Ans: Times New Roman, word – 2003.
60. A chronological resume differs from a functional resume because it focuses more on ___ rather than skill and ___.
Ans: Education & experience, skill & accomplishment.
61. Every type of resume includes information with respect to age, family and nationality. Name the section which describes it.
Ans: Personal checklist.
62. Reference when given, should be ___ and ___ to the referee before it is included in the resume. It should not contain any names of ___.
Ans: Checked, informed, relative.
63. A cover letter is required to be written to gain ___ of the recruiter.
64. The body of the cover letter describes the employee’s ___ to differ him from other applicants.
Ans: Strong areas.
65. Concluding paragraph is to thank the employer that he has advertised his requirement in the newspaper. (True / False).
66. Every cover letter has one thing in common. Name it.
Ans: Positive tone and focused.
67. Most organizations have their own recruitment departments with highly competent people who receive appropriate training so that they can make a valid selection decision. (True/False)
68. An interviewer generally looks for traits in candidates such as ___, ___, ___, ___ and ___.
Ans: Ambitious, focused analytical, commonsense, enthusiasm.
69. In what respect do candidates selected by organizations today differ from the previous years?
Ans: professionalism, dynamic, efficient, competent
70. Interview means ___.
Ans: sight between two people
71. In case an interviewer does not become biased, the questions are asked in a ___ manner.
Ans: structured manner
72. Interviews are stressful for everyone, but sometimes the interviewer deliberately does it on candidates. What do they actually try to find out?
Ans: temperament, attitude
73. The process of the interview involves a formal and friendly atmosphere to find out the candidate‟s drawbacks. (True / False.)
74. Before a candidate goes for an interview, he should have documents such as ___, ___, ___, ___ and ___ ready with him.
Ans: reference papers, merit certificates, covering letter, educational credentials, experience certificates and resumes
75. A job interview needs a ___ and ___ preparation because it helps the candidate to boost up his ___ level.
Ans: systematic, planned, confidence
76. Time management and adaptability are two types of skills. What is the difference between them?
Ans: learned which he already possesses, intuitive which he acquires through training
77. Manners and etiquettes are a necessary part of an interview process because they are important for ___, ___, and projecting ___.
Ans: career, building relationship, professionalism
78. Before appearing for an interview, the candidate should always think ___ and, should say to himself that he will ___.
Ans: positive, succeed
79. Hypothetical questions are asked to find out the ___ of the candidate.
80. Face to face interview is an important process to find out the best candidates who are good___.
“Now you can test your IQ on the most appropriate “25 MCQ Quiz of Communication Skill”
- MCQ on Communication with Answers – Communication Skills: Set-1
- Interpersonal Skills including Communication Skills MCQ: Set-2
Download Communication Skills Multiple Choice Questions and Answers in pdf
Thanks for reading the post on Communication Skills Multiple Choice Questions and Answers please share on social media.