Business Communication Multiple Choice Question and Answer pdf for the preparation of MBA, BBA, and other academic and competitive exams.
Business Communication Multiple Choice Questions and Answers: Part-2
1. For communication to take place, there must be a ___ and a ___.
Ans. Sender; receiver
2. Our dress code is an example of ___ communication.
3. Communication is accurate when the ___ that is sent is the same as the ___ that is attached to it.
Ans. Message; meaning
4. Communication can take place using ___, ___ or ___.
Ans. Words; symbols; pictures
5. Communication may best be described as a ___.
6. Communication is mostly through words.
7. The communication message is the same as the meaning of the message.
8. Communication is a dynamic process.
9. One reason for the failure of communication is the wrong interpretation of the message.
10. The success of communication depends only on the sender of the message.
11. Immediate feedback is possible in the case of face-to-face communication.
12. You feel that your professor does not have anything new to say and do not listen to him. This is an example of physiological noise leading to the communication failure.
13. Your boss gives you a good performance review at a time when the company is making profits. This is an example of chronological context influencing communication.
14. Group communication skills include listening skills.
15. Listening is not a part of communication skills.
16. Communication is needed only between superiors and subordinates.
17. External communication is as important as internal communication.
18. Team skills do not require the ability to communicate effectively.
19. A destructive review of performance can lower employee morale.
20. Two broad areas of communication are oral and written communication.
21. What you say is more important than how you say it.
22. Verbal communication is more likely to go wrong in a cross-cultural context.
23. Jargon refers to words with multiple meanings
24. A case-based GD requires greater analytical skills than a topic-based GD.
25. A job interview between an employer and a prospective employee is an example of a ___ ___ communication channel.
Ans. Two-way; face-to-face
26. In a one-way non-face-to-face channel, the communication is ___ and ___ in nature.
Ans. Verbal/written; impersonal
27. When you want the receiver to pay attention to your message, ___ communication is better than ___ communication.
Ans. Oral; written
28. When using a lot of jargon, ___ communication is more suitable than ___ communication.
Ans. Written; oral
29. Peers are co-workers who work only in different departments of an organization.
30. Criticizing an employee may be done in public.
31. A policy of openness is essential for good public relations.
32. Suggestions should only be given by superiors to subordinates.
33. In general, visuals should be prepared to match the ___.
34. A formal communication network is characterized by ___ ___.
Ans. Official channels;
35. The most valuable ideas and suggestions often come from ___ communication.
36. An advantage of regular downward communication is ___.
37. In a multi-layer organization, ___ communication is more important than ___ communication.
Ans. Vertical; horizontal/lateral
38. While ___ should be suppressed, ___ networks should be accepted.
Ans. Rumours; informal
39. Some people are born listeners.
40. Comprehension listening is the most basic type of listening
41. Listening to a salesperson’s presentation is an example of evaluative listening?
42. Responding to customer complaints is an example of dialogic listening?
43. Solving employees’ problems often involves both empathetic and therapeutic listening.
44. Two types of media for presenting visual aids to a small audience are ___ and ___.
Ans. Flip charts, computerized displays
45. Paying more attention to the way a speaker is dressed, is an example of focusing on ___ rather than ___
Asn. Delivery; content
46. A good listener tries to understand the meaning behind ___and ___ messages.
Asn. Verbal; non-verbal
47. ___ are known to be physiologically quicker than ___.
Asn. Listeners; speakers
48. Active listening can be demonstrated verbally through ___ and ___.
Asn. Clarifications/questions; feedback/suggestions
49. A good listener is ___ and ___.
Asn. Curious; open-minded/attentive
50. Listening skills are equally important in all types of industries.
51. Customers should be made to apologize for making wrong complaints
52. Listening actively to a customer should be indicated through verbal communication.
53. Listening to employees, or inviting their suggestions involves only downward communication.
54. The type of listening during a job interview is mostly evaluative listening.
55. It is better to use the word “cognizant”, rather than “aware.”
56. The expression “Her voice was silky smooth” is an example of a metaphor.
57. Abstract nouns should be used as the subject in a sentence.
58. The sentence “Each of the following employees is being promoted” is grammatically correct.
59. Positive ideas may be expressed by using the second person pronoun.
60. Powerpoint slides should not be ___ and ___.
Ans. Cluttered/overcrowded, over-decorated
61. The tone of business writing should not be ___ and ___.
Ans. Negative/insincere/discourteous/exaggerated / discriminatory
62. Using the passive voice is a technique of ___.
63. Saying “Our products are synonymous with quality and affordability” is an example of ___
Ans. “My attitude”
64. Readability is determined by ___ ___.
Ans. Sentence length/word length
65. Saying “Manpower” instead of “Human Resources” is an example of ___ ___.
Ans. Sexist language/discriminatory tone
66. Conflicts between co-workers can be resolved through teleconferencing.
67. Asking for a few days of leave from work may be done through voice mail.
68. Telephone communication has the advantage of providing immediate feedback.
69. Two types of visual aids that can make presentations more credible are ___ and ___ ___.
Ans. Photographs, product demonstrations
70. ___ is better suited for large audiences than ___.
Ans. Transparencies, flip charts
For working VISA related query you may visit the website: www.ustravelguide.com.
Thanks for reading the post on Business Communication Multiple Choice Questions and Answers pdf.