Mobile Communication Multiple Choice Questions with Answers pdf | Wireless Communication MCQ with Answers pdf for the preparation of IT exams
Mobile Communication Multiple Choice Questions with Answers.
1. Which waveform coding technique is used in North America?
2. ___ is some kind of approximately lossless coding, as it deals with speech signals as any kind of ordinary data.
Ans. Waveform coding
3. In ___ signal is divided into a number of frequency-domain sub-bands.
Ans. Frequency domain waveform
4. Full form of ATC is ___.
Ans. Adaptive transform coding
5. The GSM ___ codec is the speech coding used in most GSM networks.
Ans. full rate
6. GSM was further enhanced with the Enhanced Full Rate (EFR) codec, a 12.2 kbit/s codec that uses a full-rate channel. (True/False)
7. The ___ algorithm computes a 32-bit Signed Response (SRES).
Ans. A3 algorithm
8. A ___ algorithm scrambles the user’s voice and data traffic between the handset and the base station to provide privacy.
Ans. A5 encryption
9. The ___computes a 64-bit ciphering key (Kc).
Ans. A8 algorithm
10. There are some communications activities between the MS and the network when an MS changes its state. (True/False)
11. The BSS will send a Disconnect (DISC) message to the MS on the FACCH. (True/False)
12. Modulation process is said to be linear if the input-output relation of the modulator satisfies the principle of ___.
13. The modulation process will be ___ if the superposition principles are fully or partially dishonored.
Ans. nonlinear process
14. The ___ is the process to move an information-bearing analog waveform onto a carrier for transmission.
Ans. analog modulation
15. ___ is the process to convert an information-bearing discrete time symbol sequence into a continuous-time waveform.
Ans. Digital modulation
16. ___ is a frequency modulation scheme in which digital information is transmitted through discrete frequency changes of a carrier wave.
17. ___ is a digital modulation technique that sends data by changing, the phase of a reference signal.
18. Amplitude modulation (AM), in which the voltage applied to the carrier is varied over time. (True/False)
19. In the ___ path loss model base station antenna is located inside the building.
20. ___ in which Path loss model communication is over extremely large cells spanning hundreds of kilometers.
Ans. Mega cell
21. Path loss models describe the signal attenuation between a transmit and a receive antenna as a function of the propagation distance and other parameters. (True/False)
22. ___ is a method of allocating bandwidth to each user to dynamically share the total available radio spectrum by multiple users.
23. In ___ Multiple access method user can use whole bandwidth for all time but has to use different code.
24. In which multiple access method ___ time is divided into defined periods, and different users use different time slots.
25. CDMA codes are not required to provide call security but create a uniqueness to enable call identification. (True/False)
26. CDMA2000 and WCDMA are based on ___.
27. ___ is the term used for 3G CDMA systems.
28. TIA stands for ___.
Ans. Telecommunications Industry Association
29. ___ converts the message signal frequency to one that is suitable for transmission.
30. FDMA is a multiple access technique whereas OFDM is a form of ___ Transmission.
31. The first attempt to define a standard was made in the late 1980s by___.
Ans. IEEE Working Group 802.4
32. Which additional standard extends the performance of the existing 2.4 GHz physical layer, with potential data rates up to 11 Mbps?
33. IEEE 802.11 is often referred to as wireless Ethernet and can operate both in ___ and in ___ mode.
Ans. ad hoc, centralized mode
34. An ad hoc WLAN is a ___ network that is set up in order to serve a temporary need.
35. Ad hoc networks use CSMA/CA Protocol. (True/False)
36. WLANs utilize contention MAC protocols whereas infrastructure networks use ___.
Ans. TDMA-based protocols
37. Security schemes must be incorporated in WLAN designs to minimize the chances of ___
Ans. unauthorized access
38. In WLAN design there is no limit to the network’s maximum number of nodes. (True/False)
39. WLANs must be designed in a way that allows roaming to be implemented in a ___.
Ans. fast and reliable way
40. IEEE 802.11 is a set of standards for implementing wireless local area networks (WLAN) in ___, ___, and ___ frequency bands.
Ans. 2.4,3.6 and 5 GHz
41. An 802.11 LAN is based on a cellular architecture where the system is subdivided into ___
42. The ___ in the IEEE 802.11 standard is a set of protocols that is responsible for maintaining order in the use of a shared medium.
Ans. MAC layer
43. The typical range for connectivity of IEEE 802.11 network equipment is ___ indoors
Ans. 50 to 100 meters
44. Which of the following security services are provided by the WEP algorithm?
D. All the Above
Ans. All the Above
45. The IEEE 802.11a system operates in the 5-GHz band employing___ modulation.
Ans. orthogonal frequency division multiplex modulation
46. ___ is a physical layer standard for WLANs in the 2.4 GHz ISM radio band.
47. ___ is commonly called wireless personal area network or WPAN
Ans. IEEE 802.15
48. WPANs employ ___ technologies to provide added flexibility to communicate with hidden devices.
Ans. Radio-frequency (RF)
49. The Bluetooth WPAN operates in the unlicensed ___ band
Ans. 2.4-GHz ISM
50. This Standard is a broad-scoped standard for systems that operate between ___ for a fixed point-to-multipoint service
Ans. 10 and 66 GHz
51. The IEEE 802.16 defines the wireless metropolitan area network (MAN) technology which is branded as___.
52. What are the four major areas for WLAN applications?
Ans. LAN extension, cross-building interconnection, nomadic access, and ad hoc networking
53. The IFT can be performed using the ___.
Ans. Fast Fourier Transform
54. In order to ensure that OFDM carriers do not have to interfere, they are made ___ to one another.
55. UWB transmits binary data, of low energy using ___.
56. Modern UWB systems use ___ modulation techniques.
57. The UWB receiver consists of a highly accurate ___ and ___ to convert the received RF signal into a baseband digital or analog output signal.
Ans. Clock Oscillator and Correlator
58. UWB technology has a data rate of roughly ___, with a speed up to ___.
Ans. 100 megabits per second, 500 megabits per second
59. Wireless communication channels is suffered from which impairment?
Ans. White Gaussian Noise (AWGN)
60. In the ___ technique diversity is achieved by transmitting the desired signal in M different periods of time.
Ans. Time Diversity
61. Spatial diversity can be employed to combat both frequencies selective Fading and time-selective fading. (True/False)
62. The GSM network can be divided into ___ broad Parts.
Ans. B. Three
63. The BSS contains the necessary ___ and ___ to enable and control the radio links with the MSs.
Ans. Hardware and Software
64. The MSC contains no information about particular mobile stations.
Rather, this information is stored in the two location registers of GSM. These are ___ and ___.
Ans. Home Location Register (HLR) and Visitor Location Register (VLR).
65. The frame contains the source and destination node address. (True/ False).
66. WiMAX stands for ___.
Ans. Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access
67. The CSN is defined as a set of network functions that provide ___ services to the WiMAX subscriber(s).
A. Wi-Fi B. IP connectivity C. router
68. Wi-Fi and WiMAX are designed for different situations; they are complementary (True/False).
69. CSN stands for ___.
Ans. Connectivity Service Network
70. The WiMAX network architecture can logically be represented by a Network Reference Model (NRM).(True/False)
71. There are two different types of modes that exist in Wi-Fi. They are Infrastructure mode and Ad-hoc. (True/False)
72. IEEE 802.11 standard is also known as ___.
73. A BSS is a wireless network, consisting of a single wireless AP supporting ___ wireless client.
A. One or multiple
74. In ad hoc mode, wireless clients communicate directly with each other without the use of a wireless AP. (True/False)
75. TDMA systems need synchronization. (True/False)
Dear Readers, You may download the pdf form here. If you like the post on Mobile Communication Multiple Choice Questions with Answers please share it on social media.