Are you a student or professional in the field of embedded systems, currently preparing for an exam? If so, you have come to the right place! In this article, we will provide you with a valuable resource: an Embedded Systems multiple choice questions with answers PDF.
Whether you are looking to test your knowledge or simply want to enhance your understanding of this intricate subject, these questions and their corresponding answers will prove beneficial. So, let’s delve into the world of embedded systems and empower ourselves with comprehensive exam preparation materials.
Top 75 Embedded Systems multiple choice questions with answers
1. An embedded system can be defined as a control system or computer system designed to perform a specific task. (True or False ?)
2. PDAs stands for ___.
Ans. Personal Digital Assistants
3. An embedded system has ___ main components which are embedded in it.
4. A ___ is defined as a system whose correctness depends on the timeliness of its response.
Ans. Real-Time system
5. A ___ is a single-chip CPU.
6. Most embedded computing systems are designed by small teams on tight deadlines. (True or False)
7. The ___ includes the bus and I/O devices.
8. A system is said to be real-time if the ___ time is critical.
9. WAN stands for ___.
Ans. Wide Area Network
10. ___ guarantee responses to each event within a defined amount of time.
Ans. Real-Time Operating Systems
11. In ___, we create a more detailed description of what we want.
12. The ___ of the system is often a major consideration both for the usability of the system and for its ultimate cost.
13. The architectural description tells us what components we need. (True or False ?)
14. ___ are typically found during system integration.
15. UML stands for ___.
Ans. Unified Modeling Language
16. An object includes a set of ___ that define its internal state.
17. ___ describes a complex object made of smaller objects.
18. A ___ is an asynchronous occurrence.
19. A ___ is the heart of the embedded system.
20. ASIP stands for ___.
Ans. Application-Specific Instruction Set Processor
21. 8051 is the first microcontroller of the MCS-51 family introduced by ___ at the end of the 1970s.
Ans. Intel Corporation
22. The 8051 is an ___ bit machine.
23. The Bit Memory space is used for storing bit variables and flags. (True or False?)
24. The maximum size of the External Data Memory space is ___ bytes.
25. All ports of 8051 (ie.,P0, P1, P2 and P3) are unidirectional. (True or False?)
26. 8051 has two ___ programmable UP timers/counters Timer 0 and timer 1.
27. Timer Mode-2 is ___ Mode
Ans. SCON, PCON
28. The register ___ controls data communication and register ___ controls data rates.
29. In which mode, the serial port functions as a standard Universal Asynchronous Receiver Transmitter (UART) mode.
30. The external interrupt flags are cleared on branching to ___.
Ans. Interrupt Service Routine (ISR)
31. In the CPU, ___ are used to store information temporarily.
32. DPTR and the program counter (PC) are ___ bit registers.
33. The ADD instruction tells the CPU to add the source byte to register A and put the result in ___.
Ans. register A
34. A program that consists of 0s and 1s is called ___.
Ans. machine language
35. Assembly language programs must be translated into machine code by a program called an ___.
36. The “asm” file is also called the source file. (True or False)
37. When the CPU fetches the opcode from the program ROM, the program counter is ___ to point to the next instruction.
38. The ___ directive is used to define the 8-bit data.
39. The ___ directive is used to indicate the beginning of the address.
40. The flag register in the 8051 is called the ___ register.
Ans. program status word (PSW)
41. The 8051 microcontroller has a total of ___ bytes of RAM.
42. The stack is a section of RAM used by the CPU to store information temporarily. (True or False)
43. A ___ is an integrated chip that has a processor, memory and several other hardware units in it.
44. Intel family i960 microcontrollers are also called embedded processors. (True or False?)
45. A ___ provides fast, discrete-time, signal-processing instructions.
46. A timer circuit suitably configured is the system-clock, also called ___.
Ans. real-time clock (RTC)
47. The system sends the output by a write operation to the port Type. (True or False?)
48. UART stands for ___.
Ans. Universal Asynchronous Receiver and Transmitter
49. ISR stands for ___.
Ans. Interrupt Service Routine
50. ___ converts digital bits to the analog output.
51. The glue logic circuit also includes a circuit to interconnect the parallel and serial ports to the peripherals. (True or False) Ans. True
52. PAL has the ___ logic arrays.
Ans. AND – OR
53. In 8051 assembly language, indirect addressing is represented by an ___ before R0 or R1.
54. What is the first part of each instruction called?
Ans. Mnemonic or opcode
55. ____ moves the content of the accumulator to the external memory location whose address is held by DPTR.
Ans. MOVX @DPTR, A
56. Which instruction is used for timing delays to waste clock cycles?
57. SETB can operate on the carry flag or any directly addressable bit of a port, register, or RAM location. (True/False?) Ans. True
58. ___ subtracts the src-byte and the carry flag together from the accumulator, leaving the result in the accumulator.
59. Keyboards are organized in a ___ of rows and columns.
60. It is the function of the microcontroller to scan the keyboard continuously to detect and identify the____.
Ans. key pressed
61. These various ways of accessing data are called ___.
Ans. addressing modes
62. ___ addressing can access any on-chip memory location.
63. To detect a pressed key, the microcontroller grounds all rows by providing 0 to the output latch, then it reads the columns. (True/False?)
64. The first criterion for judging a DAC is its ___, which is a function of the number of binary inputs.
65. Full-scale output of the DAC is achieved when all the data inputs of the DAC are ___.
66. ___ IC is an analog-to-digital converter. Ans. ADC0804
67. LCD stands for ___.
Ans. Liquid Crystal Display
68. To send any of the commands to the LCD, make pin RS =___.
69. The ___ is the minimum degree of rotation associated with a single step.
Ans. step angle
70. Why driver ULN2003 is used?
Ans. 8051 lacks sufficient current to drive the stepper motor windings, so to energize the stator we must use a driver ULN2003.
71. GPOS stands for ___.
Ans. General Purpose Operating Systems
72. RTOS is the acronym for___.
Ans. Real-Time Operating System
73. ___ are software environments that provide a buffer between the user and the low-level interfaces to the hardware within a system.
Ans. Operating systems
74. The ___ is at the heart of every kernel.
75. Every time a new task is created, the kernel also creates and maintains an associated Task Control Block (TCB). (True or False?)
The Embedded Systems multiple choice questions with answers Pdf aims to provide a comprehensive resource for those interested in testing their knowledge in this field. We believe that by engaging with these MCQs, individuals can enhance their understanding and improve their skills in embedded systems.
We hope that you have found this resource valuable and informative. If you have enjoyed using our MCQs, we kindly ask that you consider sharing them on your social media platforms to help others benefit from this valuable resource as well. Together, we can continue to support and promote knowledge-sharing in the field of embedded systems.