UPES Marketing Management Assignment -1 Question and Answer
UPES Marketing Management Assignment -1
Total Questions: 63
Total Marks: 100
Q1. Consumers usually perceive higher-priced products as
- not within reach of most people
- having a higher quality
- having high profit margins
- popular brands
- being in the introductory stage of the product life cycle
Q2. In-store demonstrations, displays, contests, and visiting celebrities are examples of:
- sales promotions
- agent promotions
- broker promotions
- product life-cycling
Q3. Quantity discounts provide an incentive to the customer to buy
- more products or services from a variety of sellers
- less from another competitor
- more from one given seller, rather than from many different sources
- more than he or she needs
- bundled merchandise
Q4. When customers don’t know what they want or don’t even know what’s possible, the most effective strategy is ________ marketing.
Q5. Consumer use price less to judge the quality of a product when they
- lack information
- lack skills to use the product
- have experience with the product
- are shopping for a specialty item
- cannot physically examine the product
Q6. The ________ concept is aligned with the philosophy of continuous product improvement and the belief that customers will choose products that offer the most in quality, performance, and innovative features.
Q7. ________ is one of the best ways to increase share of customer.
- Targeting new customers
- Using bait and switch
- Relationship selling
- Partnership marketing
Q8. Buyers are less price sensitive in all of the following situations EXCEPT
- when the product they are buying is unique
- when the product they are buying is in high demand
- when substitute products are hard to find
- when the total expenditure for a product is high relative to their income
- when the product is a specialty product
Q9. Which of the following is not a task of personal selling?
Q10. When compared to consumer markets, business markets are ________.
- approximately the same
- somewhat larger
- less complex
Q11. In the proper order, identify the correct terms for these intermodal transportation combinations: rail and truck, water and truck, water and rail.
- fishyback; airtruck; trainship
- piggyback; airtruck; fishyback
- trainship; fishyback; piggyback
- piggyback; fishyback; trainship
- piggyback, fishyback; birdyback
Q12. Effective positioning begins with ______ the company’s marketing offer in order to give consumers more perceived value.
Q13. Failure to enter the current price into a retailer’s system may result in charges of
- predatory pricing
- scanner fraud
- retail maintenance pricing
- discriminatory pricing
Q14. _____ from marketing communications may suggest changes in the promotion program or in the product offer itself.
Q15. A(n) _____ is used to manage international marketing by simply shipping out goods.
- international marketing department
- international division
- global organization
- export teams
- export department
Q16. A distinguishing feature of a contractual VMS is that coordination and conflict management among the independent members of the channel are attained through
- agents and brokers
- working partnerships
- limited liability incorporation
- contractual agreements
- natural competitive forces
Q17. you are directed to study the actors close to the company that affect its ability to serve its customers-departments within the company, suppliers, marketing intermediaries, customer markets, competitors, and publics. What are you studying?
- the macroenvironment
- the microenvironment
- the marketing environment
- the demographic environment
- the global environment
Q18. Companies use all of the following methods to set their advertising budget EXCEPT the
- objective-and-task method
- integrated method
- competitive-parity method
- percentage-of-sales method
- affordable method
Q19. Which of the following does NOT belong to the materials and parts group of industrial products?
- farm products such as wheat
- natural products such as iron ore
- repair and maintenance items
Q20. Some analysts see ________ as the major enduring asset of a company, outlasting the company’s specific products and facilities.
- convenience products
- specialty products
- unsought products
Q21. A ___ involves the use of a successful brand name to launch new or modified products in a new category.
- line extension
- product line
- brand extension
- private brand
- brand symbol
Q22. Creating word-of-mouth campaigns by cultivating opinion leaders and getting them to spread information about a product or service to others in their communities is known as
- sales promotion
- indirect marketing
- buzz marketing
- stealth marketing
- public relations
Q23. Which of the following is the set of benefits a company promises to deliver the customer to satisfy their needs?
- a money-back guarantee
- low pricing
- customer service
- a value proposition
- an attribute
Q24. Which type of store carries a deep assortment, has knowledgeable staff, and might actually be viewed as a giant specialty store?
- category killer
- factory outlet
- shopping center
Q25. Marketers must weigh carefully the costs of additional information against the ________ resulting from it.
- ethical issues
Q26. The product life cycle period when sales fall off and profits drop, is called as :
Q27. A society’s ________ are expressed in how people view themselves, organizations, society, nature, and the universe.
- social codes
- cultural values
- public policies
Q28. A company’s total marketing communications mix consists of a special blend of advertising, sales promotion, public relations, personal selling, and direct-marketing tools that the company uses to communicate customer value and build customer relationships. This is also called
- direct marketing
- integrated marketing
- the promotion mix
- competitive marketing
- target marketing
Q29. The decision-making unit of a buying organization is called the ________.
- business buyer
- buying center
- buying system
- business-to-business market
- supplier-development center
Q30. Which type of organization helps companies to stock and move goods from their points of origin to their destination?
- financial intermediaries
- physical distribution firms
- marketing services agencies
Q31. The third step in personal selling process after completion of pre-approach step is to
- prospecting and qualifying
- handling objections
- presentation and demonstration
Q32. Which of the following is an external factor that affects pricing decisions?
- the salaries of production management
- the salaries of finance management
- funds expensed to clean production equipment
- A, B, and C
Q33. He/she is an individual acting on behalf of a company who performs one or more of the following activities: prospecting, communicating, servicing, and information gathering.
- press agent
- sales assistant
- marketing director
Q34. Manufacturers must comply with specific laws regarding
- price structures
- product quality and safety
- product placement
- distribution channels
- product life cycles
Q35. Increasing profits will most likely occur at which stage of the PLC?
- product development
Q36. Another name for systems selling is ________ selling.
- blanket contract
- vendor-managed inventory
- negotiated contract
- periodic purchase
Q37. Which stage of the new-product development process focuses on finding new ways to solve customer problems and create more customer-satisfying experiences?
- concept testing
- new-product development
- customer-centered new-product development
- sequential product development
- team-based new-product development
Q38. Four common sources of internal data include the accounting department, operations, the sales force, and the ________.
- marketing department
Q39. It includes all the activities involved in selling products or services directly to final consumers for their personal, nonbusiness use.
Q40. All of the following are accurate descriptions of modern marketing, EXCEPT which one?
- Marketing is the creation of value for customers.
- Marketing is managing profitable customer relationships.
- Selling and advertising are synonymous with marketing.
- Marketing involves satisfying customers’ needs.
- Marketing is used by for-profit and not-for-profit organizations.
Q41. It is common for international marketers to ________ their channel strategies for each country.
- seek approval for
Q42. you want to observe how often consumers listen to music throughout their day and what different audio devices they use. you are also interested in how consumers store and access their own music collections. you should conduct ________ research.
Q43. When it comes to international distribution channels, _______ procure products from their entry point to final users and buyers.
- Channels between nations
- Channels within foreign nations
- Seller’s International Marketing Headquarters
- None of the above
Q44. Today, a growing number of firms now outsource some or all of their logistics to
- cross-functional teams
- channel members
- third-party logistics providers
Q45. Consumers can show their allegiance to brands, stores, or companies. Marketers can use this information to segment consumers by ________.
- user status
- loyalty status
- store type
- brand preference
- usage rate
Q46. A(n) ________ is the set of actual and potential buyers of a product.
Q47. Which of the following capital items is NOT considered accessory equipment?
- hand tools
- lift trucks
Q48. They have filled the ultralow-priced, high-volume gap by buying at less-than-regular wholesale prices and charging consumers less than retail.
- Off-price retailers
- Discount stores
- Convenience stores
- Chain stores
- Limited-service retailers
Q49. Selecting which segments of a population of customers to serve is called ________.
- market segmentation
- target marketing
- managing the marketing effort
Q50. A(n) ________ controls the flow of information to others in the buying center.
Q51. The demand for many business goods and services tends to change more, and more quickly, than the demand for consumer goods and services does. This is referred to as ________ demand.
Q52. When General Motors provides payments or price reductions to its new car dealers as rewards for participating in advertising and sales support programs, it is granting a(n)
- trade discount
- functional discount
- promotional allowance
- trade credit
Q53. ________ refers to the unique psychological characteristics that lead to relatively consistent and lasting responses to one’s own environment. It is usually described in traits such as self-confidence, dominance, sociability, autonomy, defensiveness, adaptability, and aggressiveness.
- Alternative evaluation
Q54. Which concept calls for aggressive selling and focuses on generating transactions to obtain profitable sales?
- societal marketing
Q55. CellTones, a new company selling several lines of cellular phones, has closely modeled its products after successful products that are already in the marketplace. As it prepares to enter the market with its new products and services, which of the following should concern CellTones the most?
- legal obligations to suppliers and dealers
- patent laws
- the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act
- product liability suits
- limited warranties
Q56. According to Freud’s theories, people are ________ many of the psychological forces shaping their behavior.
- unaware of
- unsure of
- aware of
- status-driven about
- socially conscious of
Q57. The best approach for researchers to take to guard consumer privacy includes all of the following EXCEPT which one?
- Ask only for the information needed.
- Use information responsibly to provide value.
- Avoid sharing information without the customer’s permission.
- Sell the information only when it is financially worthwhile.
- Fully explain to the respondents how the information will be used.
Q58. In which stage of the business buying process is a supplier’s task to make sure that the supplier is giving the buyer the expected satisfaction?
- problem recognition
- performance review
- supplier search
- supplier selection
- order-routine specification
Q59. Hewlett-Packard and Dell buy Intel microprocessor chips because consumers buy personal computers. This demonstrates an economic principle called ________.
- elastic demand
- fluctuating demand
- derived demand
- joint demand
- market demand
Q60. A person’s buying is influenced by four major psychological factors. Which is NOT one of these factors?
- alternative evaluation
Q61. A ____ is a group of products that are closely related because they function in a similar manner, are sold to the same customer groups, are marketed through the same type of outlets, or fall within given price ranges.
- product line
- line extension
- private brand
- convenience product
- product bandwidth
Q62. ________ occurs when two established brand names of different companies are used on the same product.
- A brand extension
- Brand equity
- Internal marketing
Q63. All of the following are disadvantages of the team selling approach EXCEPT
- Selling teams can overwhelm customers.
- Many salespeople are unaccustomed to working with others
- Selling teams increase costs and are time consuming.
- Individual contributions and compensations can be difficult to assess.
- Most salespeople are trained to excel in individual performance.
If you liked the services provided by us, please do not forget to share with your friends at Facebook or other social media.