Global Business Environment MCQ Multiple Choice Questions with answers, these notes are useful for the preparation of various competitive and academic exams like UGC, NET, BCOM, MCOM, MBA, BBA and many other regular and distance education exams.
Global Business Environment MCQ Multiple Choice Questions
Global Business Environment Multiple Choice Questions with answers are available here:-
1. Geographical indications specify
A. Place of origin of goods.
B. Special characteristics of the product are associated with the place of origin.
C. Place and special characteristics of the product.
D. Place or special characters of the product.
2. Business across several countries with some decentralization of management decision-making to subsidiaries is
A. Global business.
B. Multinational business.
C. Transnational business.
D. Multi-regional business.
3. Land as a factor of production is immobile
A. Within the region.
B. Between the countries.
C. Within the nation.
D. In all cases.
4. Immobility of labour among nations is
B. Relatively of a higher degree than among regions in the same country.
C. Relatively easier than movement within the country.
D. Of the same degree as within the country.
5. Uneven distribution of natural resources
A. is the only cause for international business.
B. is the major factor for international business.
C. is among the major factors for international business.
D. is not a cause for international business.
6. The following factor does not differentiate international business from domestic business
A. different currencies
B. product quality
C. product mobility
D. trade policies
7. Free international trade maximizes world output through
A. Countries specializing in the production of goods they are best suited for.
B. Reduction in taxes.
C. Increased factor income.
D. Encouraging competition.
8. International business does not result in the following
A. Innovation is encouraged.
B. International cooperation is encouraged.
C. Imports are rendered cheap.
D. Consumption is minimized.
9. By entering into international business, a firm expects an improvement in
B. All spheres of marketing, operation, and finance simultaneously.
C. Any or all spheres of marketing, operation, and finance.
D. Finance only.
10. By having business in different countries, a firm reduces
A. credit risk.
B. political risk.
C. financial risk.
D. business risk.
11. Wholly owned subsidiary can be set up
A. as a Greenfield venture.
B. to acquire an existing firm.
C. to have products marketed overseas.
D. to have management is overseas.
12. The essential feature of FDI is
A. Investment of very high value.
B. Investment in shares.
C. Investor’s influence on the management of the enterprise.
D. Investment of low value.
13. No new investment in the host country is created in the case of
A. Greenfield FDI.
C. Horizontal FDI.
D. Vertical FDI.
14. A firm investing in a foreign country to distribute the products therein creates of
A. Asset-seeking FDI.
B. Backward vertical FDI.
C. Forward vertical FDI.
D. Distribution FDI.
15. The disadvantages of Greenfield FDI as compared to acquisition is
A. Profit will be less.
B. Size of the investment will be high.
C. Lesser control in management.
D. Delay in the establishment.
16. Conglomerate FDI refers to
A. FDI made by a group of firms.
B. FDI made in subsidiaries.
C. FDI made in similar products.
D. FDI made in unrelated products.
17. Countries/ regions with huge market size will attract
A. Market seeking FDI.
B. Efficiency seeking FDI.
C. Vertical FDI.
D. Created assets seeking FDI.
18. The following statement with respect to culture is false
A. Culture is enduring.
B. Culture is changing.
C. Culture is evolved among the members of society.
D. Culture is determined by national boundaries.
19. The following is not a component of culture
D. Life expectancy.
20. Non-verbal communication
A. includes written communication.
B. has no place in international business.
C. includes body language.
D. should be learned by business managers to communicate with foreigners.
21. Religion of a person affects his/her
A. attitude towards entrepreneurship.
B. gifting practices.
C. use of products.
D. all of the above.
22. For society, religion has no influence on
C. role of women.
D. marketing practices.
23. The role of women is restricted in
A. Eastern countries.
B. Middle East countries.
C. Traditional Islamic countries.
24. The following nationals would be aggressive at the beginning of business negotiations but offer large concessions in the end
25. Social stratification is done on the basis of
A. Income level.
D. any of the above.