Business Policy and Strategic Management MCQ and Answers pdf for the preparation of academic and competitive MBA marketing examinations
Business Policy and Strategic Management MCQ
1) Which of the following is action-oriented?
2) ___ is nothing more than a well-developed statement of directions and goals.
a. A business strategy
b. A business Policy
3) A value system in an organisation is an example of ___ type of environment.
4) The word strategy is derived from ___ language.
5) SBU refers to ___.
a. Strategy & Business Units
b. Structural Business Unit
c. Standby Business Units
d. Strategic Business Units
6) ___ identifies the scope of business operations in product & market terms.
c. Mission statement
7) ‘O’ in SWOT analysis refers to ___.
8) Falling sales is an example for ___ indicator.
a. Deteriorating finances
b. Top management problems
c. Deteriorating performance
d. Bad Investment
9) When the business of a company is entirely sold or dissolved it is termed as ___.
10) Active strategy is also called as ___ strategy.
11) Experienced Human resources are considered as ___.
12) ___ are regarded as short-term objectives.
c. Mission statements
13) Budgeting is an example for ___ control.
14) The type of change that a business organisation has no control is called ___.
a. Internal change
b. Inertial resistance
c. Barriers to change
d. External change
15) Ego reinforcing strategies are examples for ___.
a. Personal value strategies
b. Executive strategies
c. Defensive strategies
d. Individual strategies
16) One of the reasons for lacking creativity in organisations is ___.
17) Converting non-users to users is a strategy used in ___.
a. Market penetration
b. Integrative Growth
d. Product development
18) Such strategies which are planned in advance to deal with sudden changes in the future are called as___.
a. Ad hoc methods
b. Contingency strategies
c. Stability strategies
d. Retrenchment strategies
19) The sale of a division unit or part of the asset of a company to another is called as ___.
c. Financial restructuring
d. Tender offer
20) WO represents ___ strategy in the TOWS matrix.
a. Maxi Maxi
b. Mini Mini
c. Mini Maxi
d. Maxi Mini
21) Dropping a product line represents ___ strategy.
22) Joint ventures are an example for which of the following?
a. Corporate control
b. Business expansion
d. Change of ownership
23) ____ is a composition of beliefs, ideas, norms & moral values.
24) Adding new products that have technological and marketing synergies with existing product lines, it is called as ___ type of diversification.
25) KFS means ___.
a. Kentucky Fried Strategies
b. Key Factors for Success
c. Keys to Flexible Strategies
d. Key Five Strategies
26) Activities associated with receiving, storing and disseminating inputs to products are also called as ____.
a. Inbound logistics
b. Outbound logistics
27) An example for a generic competitive strategy is ___.
b. Support activity
c. Strategy based on degree of freedom
d. Value chain
28) One of the characteristics of a good strategic plan is ___.
a. Personality of top executives
b. Minimum mistakes
c. Uses available resources
d. Centralised planning
29) ___ is a broad, general guide to action which directs goal attainment.
30) The person who profounded TOWS matrix is ___.
31) Synergy effect is when ____.
a. 2 + 2 = 4
b. 2 + 2 = 6
c. 2 + 2 = 2
d. 2 + 2 = 5
32) An example for demographic variable/factor –
a. Purchase behaviour
b. Economic cycles
d. Family size
33) Following is a market development strategy –
a. Vertical integration
b. Focus on Existing markets
c. Integrative growth
d. Entry to new markets
34) The objective of diversifying business is to ___.
a. Maximise risks
b. Minimise profits
c. Minimise risks
d. Maximise total assets
35) Conservation of non-replenishable resources is an example for ___ factor.
36) Who quoted this ‘there is only one valid definition of business: to create customer’?
a. Edmond & Gray
b. Peter Drucker
37) Overall cost leadership achieves ___.
a. Maximum profits
b. Cost minimisation
c. Risk diversification
38) When a firm’s basic strategy is reconsidered on the occurrence of a sudden, unexpected event, then the type of control needed is ____.
b. Special alert
39) ___ is a qualitative factor.
a. Market share
b. Growth rate
c. Liquid assets
d. Company image
40) Threat of substitutes is considered as ___.
a. Competitive force
b. State of growth
d. Competitive strategy
41) Steps taken by a company in launching a new product is considered as ____ strategy that is based on a certain ____.
a. Defensive; Objective
b. Offensive; Purpose
c. Long term; Control
d. Survival; Operation
42) Identify the Qualitative criteria to evaluate strategies –
a. Employee motivation
b. Managerial attitude towards risk
c. Return on equity
d. Ego reinforcing strategy
43) Resistance to change arising from the existing perceptions, beliefs and work habits in the organisation is referred to as ___ resistance.
44) Which of the following is a socio-cultural factor?
a. Customs & preferences
b. Family size & education
c. Investments & savings
d. High population growth
45) Labour policy is considered to be ____.
a. Environmental barrier
b. Resource constraint
d. Strategic advantage
46) In the absence of proper plans or factual information, decisions taken by entrepreneurs will be mostly based on____.
a. Contingency strategy
b. Ad hoc method
c. Intuitive knowledge
d. Neutral strategy
47) Stability strategy involves which of the following:
a. Expansion & growth
b. Incremental improvements
c. New businesses
d. Divesture & turnaround
48) An example for conscious resistance –
a. Culture change
c. Management style difference
d. Change as a result of crises
49) Flexible strategy is suitable for unstable environments because organisation may prefer ___.
a. Variety and stimulation
b. Growth and external dependence
c. Internal consistency and workability
d. Power and sales growth
50) Identify the strategy that involves backward and forward integration.
a. Diversification growth
b. Intensive growth
c. Integrative growth
- Business Strategy MCQs : Set-1
- Business Strategy MCQs : Set-2
- Download Business Strategy MCQs in PDF
- Watch these MCQs on Youtube
Thanks for visiting our website, if you like the post on Business Policy and Strategic Management MCQ please share on social media.