Hello, friends in this post we are listing 200 very important GK Questions and answers which are very important from the preparation of the exams. Common GK Questions and Answers । GK Questions in English । General Knowledge Questions and Answers for preparation of all types of Competitive Exam
200 Common GK Questions and Answers । General Knowledge questions and answers in English
This website is an attempt to increase general knowledge in various fields and it is a collection of general knowledge questions related to various subjects, which are related to all types of competitive exams such as TET, BED, SCRA, UPSC, SSC, RBI Assistant, IBPS SO, IBPS Clerk, IBPS PO, RRB, CTET and so many other competitions. It can prove to be important for examinations.
Common GK Questions and Answers : Set-1
1. Mandal Commission came into force during the tenure of which Prime Minister?
Answer: North – V. P. Singh
2. What is SARS?
Answer: Viral Disease
3. Who is the father of the Green Revolution in India?
Answer: M.S. Swaminathan
4. The White Revolution is concerned with?
5. Godhra is famous for what?
Answer: To burn people in the train
6. Who was the last Mughal ruler?
Answer – Bahadur Shah Zafar
7. Who opposed Sati’s custom?
Answer: Raja Ram Mohan Roy
8. What is the full form of OBC?
Answer – Other Backward classes
9. Why is SAIL famous?
Answer: For steel production
10. Why the demand draft is crossed?
Answer – So that payment can be done only through a bank account
11. Where does Pushkar Mela organized?
Answer: – Jaipur
12. Where was the establishment of Azad Hind Fauj?
13. What is India’s place in the world in terms of area?
Ans: – Seventh
14. Zakir Hussain is concerned with?
15. The Samadhi of Lal Bahadur Shastri is situated at?
Answer – Vijay Ghat
16. Suez combines the canal.
Answer – to the Red Sea and the Mediterranean Sea
17. Who is the queen of the spices?
18. ‘] [‘ is the indicator of.
19. Who was the founder of Nazism?
20. Who has run the ‘Din-i-Elahi’ religion?
21. Who is called “Gharib Nawaaz”?
Answer: Khawaza Moinuddin Chishti
22. Where is the Qutub Minar?
Answer: In Delhi
23. The land between the mountain and the hill is called.
24. Where Saharia tribe is found?
Answer: In Rajasthan
25. By which colour the mountain and hills are represented in the map.
Answer: Red color
GK Questions in English : Set-2
26. Which country is the Largest producer of silk?
27. Who was the Prime Minister of Pakistan at the time of Kargil war?
Answer: Nawaz Sharif
28. India’s national bird.
29. When was the Indian National Congress established?
Answer – 1885
30. Which shape is made from underground water?
Answer – Karstvideo
31. …………. is a Kharif crop.
32. When the bajra crop is harvested?
33. Eskimo’s house is built by.
Answer – Snow
34. Before Delhi which city was the capital of India?
Answer: Calcutta (Presently – Kolkata)
35. A red triangle (Δ) is related to.
Answer: Family Welfare
36. Contour shows the line.
Answer: From the same elevation and shape to the sea level
37. Where the Kaveri River flows.
Answer: South India
38. Who is the creator of the Mahabharata?
39. Which is the most common tribe in Sri Lanka?
40. Which cereals are burnt during Holika Dahan?
Answer: Barley (Jou)
41. Who got income from the registration fee in the village fair?
Answer: District Council
42. Who founded the ‘Khudai Khidmatgar’?
Answer: Khan Abdul Gaffar Khan
43. Where is the Ganges-Yamuna River’s meeting place?
Answer: In Allahabad
44. The northernmost mountain range of the Himalayas is called.
Answer – Hemadri
45. What was the name of Buddha’s childhood?
Answer – Siddhartha
46. India’s maritime border is how much longer?
Answer: 7500 KM
47. Megasthenes was the ambassador of?
Answer – Cellulose
48. Kathak Kali is the dance of which state?
49. Ujjain is situated on the banks of which river?
50. When the Party-Change Act was passed?
Answer – in 1985
GK Questions and Answers : Set-3
51. In which state is the Old Bird Sanctuary?
52. Who is known as Frontier Gandhi?
Answer: Khan Abdul Gaffar Khan
53. Patliputra was the first capital of which Mauryan Empire
Answer – Chandragupta Maurya
54. Human Rights Day is celebrated.
Answer – December 10
55. Which is the leading tea producing state of India?
56. Who was the 2nd woman of India to climb Mount Everest?
Answer – Santosh Yadav
57. Who was the first woman president of the Indian National Congress?
Answer: Annie Besant
58. Where is Jim Carbet Park located?
Answer – Uttaranchal
59. Somnath temple was destroyed by which invaders?
Answer – Mahmood Ghaznavi
60. Dada Saheb Phalke was the first person honored with the award.
Answer – Devika Rani
61. When was ‘U.N.O’ established?
62. India exports the highest amount of commodity.
Answer – cotton cloth
63. Gram comes under which crop?
64. Which is the longest railroad in India?
Answer: Northern Railway
65. Who was the 12th President of India?
Answer: – Dr. Abdul Kalam
66. Which state of India is the largest producer of rubber?
67. In which state is the Bhankha Nangal Dam located?
68. The great man Virsa Munda was from which state of India?
69. Who is the supreme army commander of the Indian Army?
70. The distance between two tracks Railway ‘broad-gauge’ is?
Answer – 1.675 m
71. Where is the Central Railway Office?
Answer: In Mumbai
72. Which is the 29th state of India?
73. The world’s largest desert.
74. The first satellite launched by India.
75. Who conducts small cases in rural areas?
Answer – Sub-divisional authority
GK Questions in English : Set-4
76. India’s largest gold producing state.
77. Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam was most famous in which area?
78. The largest rice producing state in India.
Answer: West Bengal
79. At which place nuclear testing mostly done?
80. Who is the author of the song Govind?
81. The name of the father of Gautam Budh was.
Answer – Shudhodhan
82. National Youth Day is celebrated on?
Answer – January 12
83. Where was the first See ports established by the British in India?
Answer – Surat
84. Where is the National Defense Academy?
85. Which city is called the Unchanging City of the World?
86. India’s most literate state.
87. India’s longest dam.
Answer: Hirakud Dam
88. Who built Fatehpur Sikri?
Answer: Mughal Emperor Akbar
89. Who was the first person to land on the moon’s surface?
Answer: Neil Armstrong
90. India’s most famous place for the oil sector.
91. By which surname Japan’s capital Tokyo is known?
Answer – Osaka
92. Who gave the word Harijan?
Answer: Mahatma Gandhi
93. Where is a very good yield in India?
Answer: In Karnataka
94. The folk dance ‘Kikali’ is famous in which state?
95. The term ‘googly’ is related to which game?
96. Which is the highest coal producing state?
97. Where is Charminar located?
98. Where did the Metro first started in India?
99. Golden Temple is located in which Indian city?
100. Rourkela is famous for which mineral?
Answer – iron
GK Questions and Answers : Set-5
101. In which state is the Luuni River flowing?
102. The largest producer of asbestos in the world.
103. Where is Santa Cruz airport?
104. Which was India’s first full-colour film?
Answer – Jhansi ki Rani
105. Who was the Chairman of the First Finance Commission of India?
Answer: K C. Niyogi
106. Which state is mostly populated by the poverty line in India?
107. Black soil is the most suitable for which crop?
108. World AIDS Day is celebrated?
Answer: December 1
109. Where is the headquarters of the Coca-Cola Company located?
110. Minimum age should be for fighting the Lok Sabha election in India.
Answer: 25 years
111. When is International Women’s Day celebrated?
Answer – March 8
112. Where is Kanha National Park located?
Answer – In Mandla
113. Where is the Dhruv of India’s nuclear reactor located?
114. Where is the ‘Statue of Liberty’ located?
Answer – in New York
115. Where is the ‘Red Square’ located?
Answer: In Moscow
116. Aswan dam located in which River?
Answer: On the Nile River
117. What is ‘Pentagon’?
Answer: US Department of Defense’s Office
118. The Narmada is the origin of the river.
119. The first digit of the PIN code is called.
Answer: Number of postal zones related to post office
120. Which water reservoir separates Europe from Africa?
121. Where is Nhava Seva port located in India?
Answer: Near Mumbai
122. Which port is on the west coast?
123. Where is the tin found in India?
Answer: Hazaribagh (Jharkhand)
124. Shivaji was arrested by which ambassador of Aurangzeb?
Answer: Raja Jaisingh
125. Which queen of Rajasthan had sent Rakhi to the emperor Humayun and urged for help against Bahadur Shah?
Answer: Queen Kannavati
GK Questions in English : Set-6
126. The Sardar Sarovar project is situated on which river?
Answer: on the Narmada River
127. Where is the railway wagon factory (CIMMCO) located in Rajasthan?
Answer: In Bharatpur
128. There were how many Indian princely states before independence.
129. When did the British Parliament pass the Indian Independence Act?
Answer: July 1947
130. When did Lord Mountbatten, President of the Bharat Divas Parishad, announce the partition of India?
Answer: On 3 June 1947
131. Who was the first person to talk about two Separate Nationals of India?
Answer – Muhammad Iqbal
132. Who was the founder of ‘Farvard Block’?
Answer – Subhash Chandra Bose
133. Even after the opposition of Gandhi, who was made the Congress president?
Answer – Subhash Chandra Bose
134. On 13th April 1919, the Jaliawala Bagh massacre in Amritsar protested against whose arrest?
Answer: Satyapal and Saifuddin Kichalu
135. In 1885, where was the first session (अधिवेसन) of the Indian National Congress, headed by Vyomkesh Chandra Banerjee?
136. Who had declared the partition of Bengal in 1905?
Answer – Lord Curzon
137. There is a minimum age limit for the election of the Lok Sabha in India.
Answer: 25 years
138. Which ruler defeated King Harshavardhana?
Answer: Pulakeshin II
139. Who first hindered Hindu law?
140. Where was the death of Mughal Emperor Bahadur Shah Zafar?
141. Which year was the launch of color light signaling in India?
Answer – in 1928
142. Lord Clive defeated to whom in the Battle of Plassey?
Answer – Sirajuddaula
143. When did the Indian National Congress demand full Swaraj?
Answer – in 1929
144. What is famous for Kaziranga Reserve?
Answer – for a horny rhinoceros
145. In which city is the authentic time and local time of India is the same?
146. Which dance is related to dancer Sonal Mansingh?
147. When was the Muslim League celebrating ‘Mukti Diwas’?
Answer – in 1929
148. Who has invented the method of the depiction of Cubism?
Answer – Pablo Picasso
149. Nagasaki Nagar of Japan is situated on which island?
Answer – QiShu
150. Harmuz Water Treaty separates which two countries?
Answer: Iran and Oman
GK Questions and Answers : Set-7
151. Which year was the first meeting of the Rajya Sabha held?
Answer – in 1952
152. What is in Caga?
Answer: Nuclear energy production
153. Where is the headquarters of the United Nations Education, Science and Sanskrit Organization (UNESCO) located?
Answer – in Paris
154. In India, how many states and union territories are now divided by administrative vision?
Answer: 29 States and 7 Union Territories
155. What is pagoda?
Answer: Buddhist Temple
156. The zoristians are called.
Answer – People of agnostic race
157. Which country is called ‘Land of Golden Pagoda’?
Answer: Myanmar (Burma)
158. Humayun Naama is composed of whom?
Answer: Gulbadan Begum
159. Currently, the total length of India’s railroad is.
Answer – 64640 KM (verify from your side too)
160. Where does the Western and Eastern Ghats meet?
Answer: On Palghat
161. From what place did the remains of Harappa civilization come from?
Answer: Nagarjuna Konda
162. Who was the first recipient of the Human Rights Award?
Answer: Nelson Mandela
163. Which is the state of spices in India?
164. How many army commandos are organized?
165. What is ’10-Downing Street’?
Answer: Residence of the Prime Minister of England
166. Kalpana Chawla originally was from which place
Answer: Haryana (India)
167. 0 longitude that passes through Greenwich
Answer: Chief posthumous
168. Gorsoppa Waterfall is situated on which river?
169. What was the number of members of the draft constitution of Indian Constituent Assembly?
Answer – 7
170. Who founded the ‘Hindustan Republican Association’ in 1924?
Answer: – Shachindranath Sanyal
171. During the Rigvedic period, the main deities of Brahmins were.
Answer: Som (सोम)
172. What is ‘Green Peace’?
Answer: An International Organization for Environmental Protection
173. In which style is the temple of Bhubaneswar, Puri, and Pilani built?
174. In which state of India diamond is found?
Answer: Madhya Pradesh
175. The country’s first train that got the honor of I.S.O-9001.
Answer: Bhopal Express
GK Questions in English : Set-8
176. The word ‘Third Eye’ is related to which game?
177. Where is the southernmost point ‘Indira Point’ of India located?
Answer: Big Nicobar Islands
178. A minimum distance of two places on the globe is?
Answer: On the main longitude
179. In which tribe is the trend of seasonal migration found?
Answer – Bhutia
180. Who was the first president of the Indian Lok Sabha?
Answer: G. V. Mavlankar
181. Trirat of Jain religion.
Answer: Right-to-do, proper behaviour, right-thinking
182. When was the Indian Navy established in Cochin?
Answer: In January 1969
183. Yamini Krnamamurthy is related to which dance?
Answer: Bharat Natyam dance
184. Forbes is the Satellite of which planet?
185. Uri Jeevan Power Project is in which state of India?
Answer: Jammu Kashmir
186. The Losang Festival is celebrated in which country?
Answer – Taiwan
187. In which area is the Pulitzer Prize awarded?
188. The tourist day is celebrated on the date in the world?
Answer: 27 September
189. The first large-scale action of extremist revolutionaries is related to ‘Big Dacoity’?
Answer: East Bengal
190. What was the famous European traveller ‘Barnear’ by profession?
191. Who is credited for the complete construction work of Qutub Minar?
Answer – Eltumish
192. Who was the last Mughal ruler to sit on the Mayur Throne (मयूर सिंहासन)?
Answer – Muhammad Shah
193. Who was the biggest obstacle in getting the throne of Shah Jahan on the death of Jahangir?
194. Where was the capital of Chalukya?
195. In what period was the invention of the decimal system in India?
Answer: Gupta Kal (गुप्त कल)
196. Which Buddhist schism was divided into two distinct and independent sects, Buddhism ‘Hinayana’ and ‘Mahayana’?
197. Which is the Meeting point of Eastern and the Western Ghats?
Answer – Nilgiri Hills
198. The Chief Minister who served the longest term in India?
Answer: Jyoti Basu
199. Dilwara Temple at Mount Abu is of which religion?
Answer: Jain temple
200. Which continent is called the White Continent?
Answer – Antarctica
Thanks for reading the post on ” GK Questions in English । General Knowledge Questions and Answers ” Please show your love to share your views through comments & social media.