Object Oriented Analysis and Design UML Multiple Choice Questions with Answers | UML MCQ for the students who are preparing for academic and competitive examinations.
UML Multiple Choice Questions with Answers
1. ___ refers to all activities that go into producing an information systems solution.
Ans. Systems development
2. ___ is a series of processes that, if followed, can lead to the development of an application.
Ans. Software development methodology
3. Algorithms + Data structures = ___.
4. The Unified Approach is based on methodologies by ___, ___, and ___.
Ans. Booch, Rumbaugh and Jacobson
5. The ___ is a set of notations and conventions used to describe and model an application.
Ans. Unified Modeling Language (UML)
6. ___ is an approach to software development that allows us to create objects that represent tangible elements.
Ans. Layered architecture
7. ___ makes software development easier, quicker, and more natural.
Ans. Object oriented programming
8. The term ___ means a combination of data and logic that represents some real-world entity.
9. ___ represent the state of an object.
Ans. Attributes or properties
10. ___ is the principle of concealing the internal data and procedures of an object.
Ans. Information hiding
11. System development can be viewed as a ___.
12. A process can be divided into small, interacting phases called ___.
13. ___ measures the consistency of the product requirements with respect to the design specification.
14. ___, ___ and ___ are the three macro processes in systems development.
Ans. Analysis, design and implementation
15. ___ are the users of the system.
16. The intersection among objects’ role to achieve a given goal is called ___.
17. ___ is a set of methods, models, and rules for developing systems.
Ans. Object oriented methodology
18. Consumer-producer relationship can also be called a ___ association or a ___ relationship.
Ans. Client-server, use
19. A car object is an ___ of other objects such as an engine, seat and wheels.
20. ___ provides a means for communicating ideas in an easy-to-understand and unambiguous form.
21. An object oriented system organizes classes into a ___ hierarchy.
Ans. Subclass-super class
22. ___ is the property of object oriented systems that allows objects to be built from other objects.
23. OMT separates modelling into ___, ___ and ___.
Ans. Object model, dynamic model and functional model
24. The Booch methodology prescribes a ___ development process and a ___ development process.
Ans. Macro, micro
25. During ___, you establish the core requirements of the system.
26. ___ are the scenarios for understanding system requirements.
Ans. Use cases
27. ___ is a method of object oriented development with the specific aim to fit the development of large, real-time systems.
Ans. Object Oriented Software Engineering or Objectory
28. ___ identifies the key aspects of a common design structure that make it useful for creating a reusable object oriented design.
29. The study of ___ is an important research activity.
30. A ___ is a way of presenting a generic solution to a problem that can be applied to all levels in development.
31. The ___ combines the best practices, processes, methodologies, and guidelines along with UML notations and diagrams for better understanding object oriented concepts and system development.
Ans. Unified Approach (UA)
32. ___, ___ and ___ are the three layers in the layered approach to software development.
Ans. Access layer, business layer, view layer
33. The ___ is a graphical modelling language that provides us with syntax for describing the major elements of software systems.
Ans. Unified Modeling Language (UML)
34. A ___ is a description of a set of objects that share the same attributes, operations/methods, relationships, and semantics.
35. An ___ is a collection of operations that specify a service of a class or component.
36. A ___ is a physical and replaceable part of a system that conforms to and provides the realization of a set of interfaces.
37. A ___ extends the vocabulary of the UML, allowing you to create new kinds of building blocks that are derived from existing ones but that are specific to your problem.
38. A ___ extends the properties of a UML building block, allowing you to create new information in that element’s specification.
Ans. Tagged value
39. A ___ extends the semantics of a UML building block, allowing you to add new rules or modify existing ones.
40. ___ represents the relationships between objects and classes.
41. The prefix + indicates that an attribute or operation is ___.
42. The prefix # denotes that an attribute or operation is ___.
43. Aggregation is the UML term for the ___ relationship.
44. When we want to include a comment in a UML diagram, we put it in a ___.
45. A ___ diagram is an interaction diagram that emphasizes the time ordering of messages.
46. A ___ diagram is an interaction diagram that emphasizes the structural organization of the objects that send and receive messages.
47. The ___ view of a system encompasses the use cases that describe the behaviour of the system as seen by its end-users, analysts, and testers.
Ans. Use case
48. The ___ view of a system encompasses the classes, interfaces, and collaborations that form the vocabulary of the problem and its solution.
49. The ___ view of a system encompasses the nodes that form the system’s hardware topology on which the system executes.
50. The two most common ways of software development are from an ___ and from an ___.
Ans. Algorithmic perspective, object oriented perspective
51. The first step in system development is to understand the ___.
Ans. Application domain
52. An actor is a user of an ___.
Ans. Information system
53. In STAR Foundation Case Study, borrowers are ___.
54. The task of the ___ is to determine, with the aid of the client, what the client needs.
Ans. System analysts
55. The initial requirements of the STAR Foundation Case Study consist of ___ use case.
56. The main building block of all software systems is the ___.
Ans. Object or class
57. To keep the cost of the pilot project as low as possible only three types of data are needed namely ___, ___, and ___.
Ans. Investment data, operating expenses data, mortgage data
58. Manage an Investment use case is used for ___, ___, and ___ investments.
Ans. Adding, deleting, modifying
59. When we discover a fault during revision, we first try to ___ the current iteration.
60. When the analysis workflow is performed, the ___ are extracted.
61. The third step in extracting the entity classes is ___.
Ans. Dynamic modelling
62. The information system moves from ___.
Ans. State to state
63. Extracting ___ classes is usually considerably harder than extracting ___ classes.
Ans. Entity, boundary
64. ___ classes are generally as easy to extract as boundary classes.
65. A ___ depicts an interaction between the information system itself and the actors.
Ans. Use case
66. ___ modelling determines the operations performed by or to each entity class or subclass.
67. Functional modelling consists of finding the scenarios of the ___.
Ans. Use cases
68. The best way to start class modelling is to use the two-stage ___ method.
Ans. Noun extraction
69. A ___ class models the interaction between the information system and its actors.
70. A ___ class models complex computations and algorithms.
71. The input to the ___ is the analysis workflow artefacts.
Ans. Design workflow
72. The major motivation behind the development of the ___ was to present a methodology that could be used to develop large-scale information systems.
Ans. Unified process
73. The second design step in the traditional paradigm is the ___.
Ans. Detailed design
74. If an operation is applicable both to an instance of a superclass and to instances of subclasses of that superclass, then it makes sense to allocate that operation to the ___.
75. CRC stands for ___.
76. The aim of the ___ phase is to ensure that the client’s requirements have indeed been met.
77. ___ modelling presents scenarios of all the use cases.
78. ___ modelling determines the entity classes and their attributes.
79. The aim of the ___ workflow is to ensure that the developers build the right information system.
80. The purpose of the ___ workflow is to analyze and refine the requirements.
- Most Important United States Quiz questions and answers
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design MCQ with answers
If you like the post on UML Multiple Choice Questions with Answers, please share it on social media.