Staff Selection Commission Data Entry Operator Solved Paper
1. One of the output devices your computer uses is the
2. All of these are examples of good posture EXCEPT:
(A) Back straight
(B) Eyes on monitor
(C) Feet on the floor
(D) Elbows on the table
3. When you store your work so you can come back to it later, you:
(A) Click it
(B) Save it
(C) Type it
(D) Print it
4. An example of an input device is:
(A) A speaker
(B) A mouse
(C) A monitor
(D) A printer
5. The computer screen is also called the:
(D) Video output device
6. To close a program, you would:
(A) Shut down the compute
(B) Click the _ in the top right hand corner
(C) Click the middle box in the top right hand corner
(D) Click the X in the top right hand corner
7. What does it mean to have a clean desktop?
(A) There are no programs open on the desktop
(B) There are no bits of paper on the floor
(C) Everything is turned off
(D) You have thoroughly dusted your area
8. The main chip in the computer is the:
9. AM stands for:
(A) Really Accessable Memory
(B) Real Access Memory
(C) Random Available Mode
(D) Random Access Memory
10. The instructions that tell the computer what to do and how to do it.
(D) Data flow
11. The number of Anglo-Indians who can be nominated by the President to the Lok Sabha is:
12. The sanctioned strength of the Judges of Supreme Court of India including the Chief Justice is:
13. Who was the first President of India to be elected unopposed?
(A) Dr. S. Radhakrishana
(B) N. Sanjiva Reddy
(C) V. V. Giri
(D) Dr. Rajendra Prasad
14. The maximum strength of the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha is:
(A) 525 and 250
(B) 552 and 250
(C) 535 and 275
(D) 500 and 250
15. If the Vice-president were to submit his resignation, he would notify to:
(A) The President of India
(B) The Prime Minister
(C) The Chief Justice of India
(D) The Speaker of the Lok Sabha
16. What is the minimum strength of a State Legislative Assembly?
17. India is the third developing country to host the 2010 commonwealth Games. The other two are:
(A) Malaysia and South Korea
(B) Singapore and Jamaica
(C) Jamaica & China
(D) Malaysia & Jamaica
18. The Comptroller and Auditor General of India is appointed by the:
(A) Prime Minister of India
(B) President of India
(C) Finance Minister
(D) Lok Sabha
19. Article 370 of the Indian constitution deals with:
(A) The Emergency Powers of the President
(B) The special position of the state of Jammu and Kashmir
(C) The power of the President to seek the advisory opinion of the Supreme Court on any matter of public importance
(D) Distribution of taxes between the Centre and the State
20. The Supreme commander of the Defence Forces of India is:
(A) The Defence Minister
(B) The Prime Minister
(C) The Chief of the Army Staff
(D) The President of India
21. Which of the following rivers flows through a rift valley?
22. The Manas Wildlife Sanctuary is located in the state of:
(B) Uttar Pradesh
(D) West Bengal
23. How many major ports are there at present in India?
24. The earth revolves round the sun and its causes:
(A) Differences in longitude and time
(B) Changes of seasons
(C) Deflection of winds and currents
(D) Formation of day and night
25. Latitude of a point on the earth is measured by the distance in:
(A) Kilometres from the Equator
(B) Angles from the Equator
(C) Angles from the Poles
(D) None of the above
26. The earth is:
(C) Oblate Spheroid
(D) Prolate Spheroid
27. Day and Night are equal at the:
(C) Prime Meridian
28. The heaviest planet revolving round the sun is:
29. The biggest Planet is:
30. The International Date Line passes through:
(A) Exactly through 180° Longitude
(C) Approximately 180° east or west meridian
(D) 0° Meridian
31. The largest river of Asia is:
32. Which country is called the `Sugar Bowl’ of the world?
33. Which of the following countries has the largest area in the world?
34. The world’s highest waterfall, the Angel Falls is situated in:
35. The universe is composed of:
(B) Earth and the Sun
36. The Temperate Grasslands of South America are called:
(D) Evergreen grasslands
37. Rial is the currency of:
38. New Moore island is situated in the:
(A) Indian Ocean
(B) Bay of Bengal
(C) Arabian Sea
(D) China Sea
39. Which river in the world carries the maximum volume of water?
(C) Mississippi Missouri
40. Which of the following rivers crosses the equator twice?
41. The Indus Valley civilization is associated with:
42. The Indus Valley Civilization was famous for:
(A) Well planned cities
(B) Efficient civic organisation
(C) Progress of art and architecture
(D) All the above
43. Who was mainly worshipped in the Rig Vedic Period?
44. Who is regarded as the great law-giver of ancient India?
45. Which of the following is the oldest Veda?
46. Who among the following was called Light of Asia?
47. Who was the founder of the Gupta dynasty?
(B) Chandragupta II
48. The Upanishads are:
(A) A source of Hindu philosophy
(B) Books of Ancient Hindu laws
(C) Books on social behaviour of man
(D) Prayers to God
49. The biggest mosque of India was built by:
50. The first Battle of Panipat was fought between:
(A) Sher Shah Suri and Akbar
(B) Humayun and Ibrahim Lodhi
(C) Babar and Ibrahim Lodhi
(D) Babar and Ranasanga
1. (C) 2. (D) 3. (B) 4. (B) 5. (C) 6. (D) 7. (A) 8. (B) 9. (D) 10. (B)
11. (A) 12. (D) 13. (B) 14. (B) 15. (A) 16. (B) 17. (D) 18. (B) 19. (B) 20. (D)
21. (C) 22. (A) 23. (B) 24. (B) 25. (B) 26. (C) 27. (A) 28. (B) 29. (D) 30. (C)
31. (A) 32. (A) 33. (B) 34. (A) 35. (C) 36. (A) 37. (B) 38. (B) 39. (A) 40. (A)
41. (B) 42. (D) 43. (A) 44. (B) 45. (B) 46. (B) 47. (A) 48. (A) 49. (B) 50. (C)
If you want to purchase Assignments, Model papers and Project report please do contact us.
Dear readers, if you liked the post please do not forget to share with your friends at Facebook or other social media. Click on below button to share.
If you have any kind of information, suggestion related to this post, or want to ask any question please make comment in the below comment box.