Solved MCQ on Research Methodology pdf for the preparation of academic and competitive MBA, BBA examinations of all Institutions.
Welcome to our collection of Solved Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQs) on Research Methodology! This article provides a set of MCQs in PDF format to assist you in your preparation for MBA exams.
Research Methodology is an essential subject in MBA programs as it equips students with the necessary skills to conduct research and make informed business decisions. These solved MCQs will serve as a valuable resource to test your understanding of key concepts in research methodology.
Solved MCQ on Research Methodology
1. The arithmetic mean cannot be computed for ordinal scale data. (True / False)
2. Branded shirts are more expensive than unbranded shirts – this is an example of effective components. (True/False)
3. The ___ scale measurement has a natural zero.
4. The difference between the score on the ___ scale does not have a meaningful interpretation.
5. Coding and analysis of attitudinal data obtained through the use of a pure graphic rating scale can be done very quickly. (True/False)
6. A comparative rating scale attempts to provide a common frame of reference to all respondents. (True/False)
7. The Likert scale is a single-item scale. (True/False)
8. The Likert scale is a balanced rating scale with an ___ number of categories and a neutral point.
9. In the ___ scale, if an attribute is twice as important as some other attribute it receives twice as many points.
Ans. Constant sum rating
10. A scale is said to be valid if it measures what it is supposed to measure. (True/False)
11. A scale is said to be reliable if it is free from systematic errors. (True/False)
12. The ___ of a scale can be increased by adding more questions to it.
13. A focus group discussion generally involves a ___ who steers the discussion on the topic under study.
14. Online focus groups are conducted in ___.
Ans. Web-based chat rooms
15. The ideal number of participants in a focus group discussion is
Ans. (c) 8–12
16. Special respondent sub-strata who are passionately involved with a brand or product category are known as
(a) Brand-obsessive group
(b) Online focus group
(c) Special focus group
(d) Brand ambassadors
Ans. (a) Brand-obsessive group
17. The interview method is a one-to-one interaction between ___ and ___.
Ans. Investigator/interviewer, the interviewee
18. The ___ interview has no defined guidelines.
19. When interviews are conducted with the help of the computer they are called ___.
Ans. Computer-assisted personal interviewing (CAPI)
20. The questionnaire can be used to collect ___ data from a ___ of subjects.
Ans. Primary, sample
21. The questionnaire method follows a predetermined ___.
22. Exploratory studies should most often make use of the ___ method
Ans. Unstructured interview
23. The questionnaire should ___ the respondent and result in a ___ response.
Ans. Encourage, meaningful
24. In case the population under study is widely scattered, one makes use of the ___.
25. In case the population is illiterate it is best to use the ___.
26. The formalized-unconcealed questionnaire is the most difficult to interpret. (True/False)
27. The process of questionnaire design is called the schedule (True/False)
28. The non-formalized, concealed questionnaire is the most frequently used questionnaire. (True/False)
29. Sampling control is highest in
(a) A web-based survey
(b) E-mail based survey
(d) Mail/fax survey
Ans. (c) Schedule
30. The most cost-effective questionnaire administration method is through
(c) Telephone survey
(d) Mail survey
Ans. (a) Web-based
31. Response rate is highest in a
(a) Mail interview
(c) Email survey
(d) Web-based survey
Ans. (b) Schedule
32. Interviewer bias is high in a telephonic survey. (True/False)
33. Qualifying questions are also termed as filter questions. (True/False)
34. ‘Are you a vegetarian?—Yes/No’ is an example of an open-ended question. (True/False)
35. ‘Do you sing and dance?’ is an example of a double-barrelled question. (True/False)
36. ‘Do you not think that all fairness creams make false claims? –Yes/No’ is an example of a loaded question. (True/False)
37. The questionnaire has many advantages. Which of these is not one of them?
(c) Fast and economical
(d) Applicable to all sections of society
Ans. (d) Applicable to all sections of society
38. If the investigator distributes the questionnaire to his friends and acquaintances or if there is self-selection of the subjects, it could lead to
(a) Lower response
(b) Higher response
(c) Skewed sample response
(d) None of the above
Ans. (c) Skewed sample response
39. The chance of researcher bias is very ___ in the questionnaire method.
40. The difference between the sample result and the results obtained through a census using the identical procedure is known as sampling error. (True/False)
41. A population that is being sampled is also called the universe. (True/False)
42. Which of these is not a sampling frame?
(a) List of registered voters in a constituency
(b) Subscribers listed in a telephone directory
(c) The total number of students registered with a university
(d) 30 students who are surveyed of a class of 150 MBA students
Ans. (d) 30 students who are surveyed of a class of 150 MBA students
43. A subset of the population is called
(b) Sampling unit
(d) Sampling frame
Ans. (c) Sample
44. A judgmental sample provides a better representation of the population than a probability sample. (True/False)
45. Non-probability methods are those in which the sample units are chosen purposefully. (True/False)
46. The criteria for stratification should be related to the ___ of the study.
47. Only the initial sample unit is chosen randomly in a ___ sampling
48. For a 90% confidence, the value of Z would be ___.
49. The size of the sample depends upon the size of the population. (True/False)
50. The most commonly used approach for determining the size of the sample is the ___ approach covered under inferential statistics.
Ans. Confidence interval
51. The size of the sample is directly proportional to the ___ in the population and the value of Z for a confidence interval.
52. The editing process is carried out at two levels, the first of these is field editing and the second is ___.
Ans. Central in-house editing
53. Going back to the respondent to check any errors during questionnaire administration is known as ___.
54. Backtracking is best suited for industrial surveys. (True/False)
55. Plug value refers to the fudged value that an investigator might put for a missing response. (True/False)
56. The smallest code entry a researcher makes in a codebook is a field. (True/False)
57. Several fields together can be clubbed into a record. (True/False)
58. In a data matrix every column represents a single case. (True/False)
59. All categories formulated for data entry must be mutually exclusive. (True/False)
60. The process of identifying and denoting a numeral to the responses given by a respondent is called___
61. In case the question is a Likert type question and it has agreement/ disagreement on a five-point scale, the number of corresponding columns in the codebook would be ___
62. Test tabulation is conducted on open-ended questions. (True/False)
63. For classifying nominal data one can tabulate using class intervals. (True/False)
64. Numerical data, like the ratio scale data, can be classified into
(a) Class intervals
Ans. (a) Class intervals
65. 10–15 years; 16–20 years; 21 years and beyond is an example of
(a) Inclusive class interval
(b) Exclusive class interval
(c) Class interval
(d) None of the above
Ans. (b) Inclusive class interval
66. Median can be computed for ordinal scale data. (True/False)
67. To carry out ___, the sample should be drawn at random.
Ans. Inferential analysis
68. The standard deviation as a measure of dispersion is independent of units of measurement. (True/False)
69. The range could be obtained from interval scale data. (True/False)
70. The positive square root of ___ is called standard deviation.
71. To compare the variability of two distributions, ___ can be used.
Ans. Coefficient of variation
72. The correlation coefficient can assume any value between 0 and 1. (True/False)
73. High association between two variables does not imply cause and effect relationship. (True/False)
74. In a cross table, the percentages should be computed in the direction of the ___ variable.
75. The first step in computing the percentages in a cross table is to identify ___ and ___ variables.
Ans. Dependent, independent
Thanks for visiting our website, if you like the post on Solved MCQ on Research Methodology please share it on social media.