MARKETING – SERVICES MARKETING MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS.
Marketing Management , Service Marketing MCQs with Answers set – 3
76. Internal marketing deals with
A. Marketing the products to employees
B. Marketing the products in local market
C. Marketing the products inside the country
D. Identifying and taking care of employees need and wants
77. What is mean by interactive marketing?
A. Marketing by interacting with employees.
B. Marketing by interacting with dealers
C. Marketing done by interacting between employees and customers
D. Marketing by interacting with top management.
78. Consumer responses to environmental stimuli are characterized by approach or avoidance behaviors.
Consumer approach behavior is defined as
A. A desire to stay in the market.
B. A desire to explore many products
C. A desire to communicate with society
D. Feelings of satisfaction.
79. In order to improve the process and performance of the company towards the customers they should try to …….
A. Modernize the building.
B. Modernize the product.
C. Reduce the waiting time by adopting reservation system.
D. Asking the customers to come another time.
80. When developing services capes, firms recognize that their physical environment will affect employees and customers. This is primarily due to
A. Reflect the quality at all spheres
81. Consumers who seek convenience over price and personal attention are
A. Economic customers
B. Personalized customers
C. Apathetic customers.
D. Ethical customers.
82. Which of the following is NOT an example of an ambient condition in a retail environment?
83. Ambient conditions will have the least effect on customer behavior in which of the following service scapes?
A. A bakery shop
B. An air-conditioned hotel.
C. An open five-story parking garage
D. Bookstore with an in-store coffee cart.
84. In a(n) _______ environment, the service employees are physically present while customers are involved in the service production process at an arm s length.
B. Vertical service
C. Remote service
D. Saleable service
85. __________ is the customers composite of mental images of the service firms physical facilities.
A. Internal response moderators
B. Perceived services cape.
C. Cognitive response
D. Emotional response.
86. Total customer value consists of all of the following components except
A. Product value
B. Personal value.
C. Image value
D. Time value.
87. The emotional states of pleasure-displeasure, arousal-nonarousal, and dominance-submissiveness are types of __________
A. Internal response moderators
B. The holistic environment.
C. Individual behaviors.
D. Social interactions
88. Doing promotional activity is difficult in marketing of which of the following services.
A. Leisure service industry
B. Education industry.
D. Public sector.
89. Consumer moods and attitudes are types of
A. Physiological customer responses
B. Emotional customer responses
C. Individual approach behaviors
D. Internal response moderators
90. Consumer feelings of pain, comfort, and physical fit are types of
A. Physiological customer responses
B. Emotional customer responses
C. Individual approach behaviors
D. Cognitive customer responses.
91. The three primary visual stimuli that appeal to consumers on a basic level are
A. Harmony, contrast, and clash.
B. Size, shape, and color.
C. Blue, yellow, and green.
D. Red, blue, and green.
92. To manage demand and supply , the company can
A. Ask the customers to wait in peak demand
B. Adopt reservation systems to balance the demand
C. Divert to competitors.
D. Deliver substitute products to customers.
93. Which of the following statements pertaining to colors is false?
A. Warm colors are perceived as aloof or formal.
B. Children appear to favor brighter colors.
C. Adults tend to favor softer tones.
D. Dark colors make large empty spaces look smaller.
94. Which of the following statements pertaining to the location of the firm is false?
A. Location decisions should consider the amount of customer involvement necessary to provide the service.
B. Low contact firms should consider moving sites that are closer to sources of supply, transportation and labor.
C. The actual location of high-contact services should be a close to the street as possible.
D. The firm’s facility should be compatible with its surrounding environment.
95. Managing the peak demand becomes difficult due to______________ nature.
96. Service industry has grown many folds due to _________
A. less growth in other sectors
B. more growth in all sectors
C. more affluence of customers
D. effective marketing strategies of service marketers
97. Growth in leisure and entertainment services due to ________
A. more surplus money left with customers
B. interest that people want to spent leisure time fruitfully
C. more support from government to invest in such industry.
D. growth of other sectors contributed for this growth
98. Which of the following statements is not true?
A. Combinations of warm and cool colors can create relaxing, yet stimulating atmospheres.
B. Lighter hues are popular for fixtures.
C. Darker hues are used for attention grabbers.
D. Colour does not influence the consumer spirits
99. __________ encourage quick decisions and work best for businesses where low-involvement purchase decisions are made.
A. Response moderators.
B. Scent appeals.
C. Warm colors.
D. Sound appeals
100. Positioning map in services will helps to …..
A. Identify the position of the company in the world map.
B. Identify the position of the company in the industry map.
C. Identify the position of the company in the local map.
D. Know how brand is perceived by customers among other players in the market.
101. Word-of-Mouth communication networks are particularly important for service firms because
A. Service customers tend to rely more on personal than non-personal source of information.
B. Service firms do not believe in promotional efforts..
C. Service firms can seldom afford to pay for promotional expenditures.
D. Service customers tend to rely more on non-personal than personal sources of information.
102. Initially, bank counter staff were uncomfortable with their new task of selling services to customers.
They viewed themselves as bank counter staff and not salespersons. This is an example of which type of conflict?
A. Channel conflict.
B. Organization/client conflict
C. Person/role conflict.
D. Inter-client conflict.
103. As part of internal marketing strategy , company takes up
A. Performance appraisal.
B. Training the employees.
C. Assigning more responsibilities
D. Transferring the employees.
104. The service quality is determined on the basis of……
A. Employee involvement.
B. Customer involvement.
C. Top management involvement
D. Employee and customer involvement.
105. Services marketing is important in todays context because it
A. Generates more customers.
B. Generates more GDP.
C. Generates more jobs.
D. Generates more jobs and GDP.
106. __________ gives discretion to front-line personnel to meet the needs of consumer’s creatively.
C. Service passion
D. Service climate.
107. It is important for organizations to change and develop. The stages that service organisations go through are known as the Product Life Cycle. The Introduction Stage refers to
A. Introducing a change to the service.
B. Introducing new service overseas.
C. Introducing new ideas to the market.
D. Introducing existing services to new markets.
108. It is important for organizations to change and develop. The stages that service organisations go through are known as the Product Life Cycle. The Growth Stage refers to
A. Growth of the new service in the minds of employees.
B. Introduction of new services to grow the portfolio of the company
C. Grow advertising spend to loyal customers
D. Raise awareness new service to new customer
109. . It is important for organizations to change and develop. The stages that service organisations go through are known as the Product Life Cycle. The Saturation Stage refers to
A. All competitors leave the market place.
B. New competitors join the market place.
C. Many competitors seeking the same customers
D. All competitors seek the same customers.
110. It is important for organizations to change and develop. The stages that service organisations go through are known as the Product Life Cycle. The Decline Stage refers to
A. Sales decline but remain profitable.
B. Profitability improves and sales decline.
C. Sales increase and profitability declines.
D. Profitability declines and sales decline.
111. Which of the following was NOT discussed as a Driver for Service Change?
112. The characteristics of what, when and how the new services are delivered to the customer are called
A. Continuum of new service development.
B. Service delivery continuum.
C. New service and customer delivery continuum
D. Customer delivery continuum
113. Strategies to increase the efficiency of service operations include all of the following except
A. Training the employees
B. Reduce the waiting time.
C. Giving subcontracting to others.
D. Engage the customers effectively by explaining the service process
114. One of the major lessons to learn from the Service-Profit Chain is:
A. Customer loyalty leads to customer satisfaction
B. Employee retention leads to employee satisfaction
C. The firm’s profitability leads to customer satisfaction.
D. Revenue growth leads to customer satisfaction
115. Important components of internal service quality include all of the following except for
A. Customer referrals.
B. Rewards and recognition
C. Workplace design.
D. Job design.
116. Customer retention, repeat business, and customer referrals are alternative measures for
A. Internal service quality.
B. External service value.
C. Employee satisfaction.
D. Customer loyalty.
117. Buying process of services becomes complicated because
A. Difficult to assess and compare.
B. No direct sales available.
C. Many product lead to confusion.
D. Door delivery is not possible.
118. The consumer management areas of particular importance to service marketers are
A. Managing customer participation
B. Managing customer waits.
C. Managing uncooperative customers
D. Customer relationship management
119. Efforts to transform customers into partial employees should not be interpreted as the firms way of distancing itself from the customer. This is consistent with which of the following guidelines for increasing customer participation?
A. Develop customer trust.
B. Promote the benefits and stimulate trial.
C. Understand customer habits.
D. Monitor and evaluate performance.
120. Blueprints identify all of the following process steps except
A. The direction in which processes flow
B. The time it takes to move from one process to another.
C. The costs involved with each process site.
D. The amount of inventory build-up at each step
121. The most common mistake made when constructing a service blueprint is
A. Bottlenecks are not identified correctly
B. Failure points are not identified correctly
C. The blueprint is one-sided.
D. Representing only the firm’s perception of the process
122. Co-production of services is made possible due to __________ inherent in the production of services.
123. The internal marketing refers which of the following options.
A. Marketing its products to its customers.
B. Marketing its products to its employees.
C. Marketing to local customers.
D. Ensuring that the employees are satisfied in the organization.
124. Physical evidence helps
A. To evaluate the service by customers
B. To deliver the services
C. To evaluate the services by provider.
D. To assess the quality by third party.
125. Augumented product is one which offers
A. Basic services
B. Additional services
C. Services which are more valuable than any other competitors
D. Multiple services
126. Potential product is the one which can be…….
A. Enjoys a competitive edge wherein no one can come nearby.
B. Satisfies customer needs.
C. Caters to large segments
D. Is available in all the places.
127. In order to win over the competitors and attract the customers, company need to create………….
A. New markets.
B. New customers
C. Meaningful unique selling proposition which is valuable and has more opportunities.
D. More products.
128. While advertising the service product, the marketers need to…….
A. Show the service product
B. Need not to show the service product
C. Show some tangible clues to help the customers to understand and evaluate
D. Create world class advertisement to attract the customers.
129. Customers may go dissatisfied even when the company offers the best in the industry due to
A. More competition in the market
B. More customers in the market
C. More products in the product line
D. The customers expect more than what the company offers due to more exaggerated advertisements.
130. Internal marketing refers to satisfying the
A. Employees of the organization.
B. Customers of the organization.
C. Customers as well as employees.
131. Customer may get dissatisfied due to
A. Less waiting time
B. More waiting time
C. More products
D. Less products.
132. Dissatisfaction due to more waiting time can be resolved by
A. Introducing reservation systems.
B. Asking the customers to come next time.
C. Asking the customers politely to wait.
D. Reducing the demand.
133. When waiting time is unavoidable, company can
A. Ask the customers to wait for some time.
B. make the customers to wait in the canteen.
C. Provide refreshments to customers.
D. Provide magazines, newspapers and show relevant movie/Video to kill the time.
134. When the demand is more than the supply, then the company can
A. Expand the facility
B. Ignore the excess demand
C. Ask the customers to wait for some time
D. Divert the exscess demand to competitors
135. Service quality much depends on
A. Customer involvement in the process
B. Timing of the delivery process
C. The involvement of the customer and employee
D. The timing of the process
136. In services marketing mix. people refers to ………………
A. Employees and customers
D. Public at large
137. Physical evidence is more important in service marketing because
A. It is the evidence of service quality
B. Customers are going to value based on this evidence.
C. Every service provider uses it
D. every employee expects this
138. ___________ act as clue for physical evidence.
A. Interior of the building
B. Cheque leaves
139. Service delivery becomes difficult without the support of the _____
140. Product line refers to
A. Arrangement of products in the line.
B. Assortment of products at the shop
C. Variety of products company offers to customers.
D. Waiting time of the customers.
141. Empathy refers to
A. Providing service at the expected level.
B. Making service available at all he times.
C. Being considerate and ready to assist the customers.
D. Providing service at doorstep.
142. Reliability refers to
A. Ability to perform the service dependably and accurately.
B. Ability to perform the service at cheap cost.
C. Ability to perform the service in less time.
D. Ability to perform the service at all the time.
143. Assurance refers to
A. Trust and confidence of the employees on the customers
B. Trust and confidence of the customers on employees
C. Promise given to stakeholders
D. Consistent performance by the company
144. Gap model indicates the
A. Possible failures in the service delivery process
B. Outcome of the process
C. Process of the service delivery
D. The sequence in which service delivered
145. Service recovery refers to
A. Recover the loss from the customers
B. Recover the loss from the competitors
C. Recover from the failure
D. Recover from the market
146. Service encounter refers to
A. conveying the service products to customers
B. Selling the products to the customers
C. Contact established with the customer at the delivery process
D. Encountering the failures
147. Customer expectation becomes exaggerated by
A. Exaggerated advertising
B. The acts of competitors
C. The activities of middlemen
D. Over expectation from the service provider
148. In tangible nature of services poses
A. Problems to marketers
B. Problems to customers
C. Difficulty for the researcher
D. Problem for service designers
149. In order to manage the Peak-time demand, the service provider can ……..
A. Manage by introducing more products
B. Manage by adding additional facilities
C. Manage by diverting the customers for other services
D. Manage by asking the customers to wait for some time
150. Service quality of the company may be affected by the act of…..
D. System administrator.
Marketing Management , Service Marketing MCQs with Answers set – 1 Click here
Marketing Management , Service Marketing MCQs with Answers set – 2 Click here
If you want to purchase Assignments, Model papers and Project report please do contact us.
Dear readers, if you liked the post please do not forget to share with your friends at Facebook or other social media. Click on below button to share.
If you have any kind of information, suggestion related to this post, or want to ask any question please make comment in the below comment box.