Are you gearing up for an upcoming exam and searching for a comprehensive resource to enhance your understanding of RDBMS? Look no further! In this article, we have compiled the top 80 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) on Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) along with their answers.
Whether you are a student preparing for an academic test or a professional aiming to brush up on your RDBMS knowledge, our carefully curated collection is designed to help you excel in your examination.
So, get ready to delve into the world of RDBMS as we provide you with an invaluable tool for exam preparation – an easily accessible PDF download containing essential MCQs and their solutions.
Top 80 RDBMS MCQ Questions with answers
1. MySQL is a ___.
Ans. Relational Database Management System
2. The ___ is a privileged and Password system that is very flexible and secure, and that allows host-based verification.
3. The number of indexes allowed per table in MySQL are ___.
4. If MySQL is running in ___ mode, values that exceed the column length are not stored, and an error results.
5. The ___ columns have no character set, and sorting and comparison are based on the numeric values of the bytes in column values.
6. Each ___ type has a range of legal values, as well as a “zero” value that may be used when you specify an illegal value that MySQL cannot represent.
7. You can get MySQL to accept certain dates, such as ‘2009-11-31’, by using the ___ SQL mode.
8. The format of the timestamp column in MySQL is ___.
Ans. ‘YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS’
9. ___ is a synonym for CREATE DATABASE.
Ans. CREATE SCHEMA
10. Database characteristics are stored in the ___ file in the database directory.
11. BLOB and TEXT columns also can be indexed, but a ___ length must be given.
12. A ___ table is visible only to the current connection and is dropped automatically when the connection is closed.
13. ___ does not apply to the BLOB or TEXT types.
14. For all engines, a ___ index allows multiple NULL values for columns that can contain NULL.
15. Each table has an ___ file that contains the table definition.
16. When creating sequences with ___ columns, omitting the field name in the INSERT statement will cause MySQL to generate the next number in the sequence.
17. A ___clause must come after any GROUP BY clause and before any ORDER BY clause.
18. If ORDER BY occurs within a subquery and also is applied in the outer query, the ___ ORDER BY takes precedence.
19. The ___ queries are referred to as JOINS because they join together two or more tables.
20. In Union operation, the column names from the first ___ statement are used as the column names for the results returned.
Ans. a (Select)
21. The ___ clause places a limit on the number of rows that can be deleted
22. The ___ count of rows affected by the TRUNCATE TABLE is accurate only when it is mapped to a statement.
23. The ___ clause in an Update statement indicates which columns to modify and the values they should be given.
24. A subquery is a ___ subquery that returns a single value.
25. The subquery, which is enclosed in ___, can be preceded by comparison and logical operators, the IN operator, or the EXISTS operator.