Puzzles for Interviews, Entrance and Competitive Exams with answers – Set-2
Puzzles for Interviews, Entrance and Competitive Exams with answers – Set-2
1. There is a 5 digit no. 3 pairs of sum is eleven each. Last digit is 3 times the first one.
3 rd digit is 3 less than the second. 4th digit is 4 more than the second one.
Find the digit.
ans : 25296.
2. There are five thieves, each loot a bakery one after the other such that
the first one takes 1/2 of the total no. of the breads plus 1/2 of a bread.
Similarly 2nd, 3rd,4th and 5fth also did the same. After the fifth one no.
of breads remained are 3. Initially how many breads were there?
ans : 31.
3. Find a five digit number subject to following conditions:-
a. It contains 2 prime no digits.
b. 3rd digit is the lagest.
c. 1st digit = (3 rd digit – 1).
c. Sum of 4th digit and 5th digit is less than 1st digit.
d. Value of the 5th digit lies between the value of 1st digit and 2nd digit, 5th digit is one half of the 4th digit.
4. 1, 2 , 3, 4 digits are available. How many number of 4 digited numbers which are divisible by 4. (There should be no repetition of digits in the numbers) can be formed?
Ans: 6 numbers.
5. A hill of 440 yards is there. Two competitors JACK and JILL go up the hill, first JACK reaches the topmost and immediately starts back and meet JILL 20 yards from the topmost point. Finally JACK reaches the starting point 0.5 minutes earlier than JILL. Speed while coming down is 1.5 times the speed of going up. Find the time taken by JACK for whole journey (880 yards)?
Ans: 6.3 minutes.
6. A merchant in the last day sells 2 lamps for Rs.12 price. He finds that he has got 25 % gain on one and 20% lost on the other. Did he loose or gain overall? If so how much?
Ans: 60 paise Loss.
7. Logical reasoning tactics practice puzzle poetry.
1) Henny, Axie, Amie are friends. Conditions:-
a) Herry or Axies is the oldest.
b)If Axie is the oldest, Amie is the youngest.
Who is the youngest & who is the oldest?
Ans: Amie is the youngest, Axie is oldest.
8. There is a robbery and four persons are suspected out of them one is
actual thief, these are the sentences said by each one of them!
A says D had done
B says A had done
C says i didn’t done
D B lied when he said that i am thief
Out of these only one man is true remaining are false
ans C is theft, D is true!
9. Conversation between two employees is as follows:-
EMPLOYEE-1: Hello! Now your experience is twice the my experience.
EMPLOYEE-2: Exactly two times.
EMPLOYEE-1: But at the last meet, you said that your experience is thrice of my experience.
EMPLOYEE-2: That is when we met at 2 years back, your experience is thrice that of yours.
What is the experience of two employees with the company?
Ans: EMPLOYEE-1: 4 years EMPLOYEE-2: 8 years.
10. there are four persons A,B,C,D and for languages English, french, german, italian.
1 only one language is spoken by more than two men
2 A don’t know English
3 a man can speak either french or german but not both
4 all man cannot speak in a group(no common language)
5 A can mediate when B and C want to speak with each other
6 each men can speak two languages
A french italian
B English french
C german italian
D german italian
11. A family I know has several children. Each boy in this family has as many sisters as brothers but each girl has twice as many brothers as sisters. How many brothers
and sisters are there?
ans: 4 boys and 3 girls.
12. No. of animals is 11 more than the no. of birds. If the no. of birds were
the no. of animals and no. of animals were the no. of birds( i.e., interchanging no.s
of animals and birds.), the total no. of legs get reduced by one fifth (1/5).
How many no. of birds and animals were there?
13. In a soap company a soap is manufactured with 11 parts. For making one soap you will get 1 part as scrap. At the end of the day u have 251 such scraps. From that how many
soaps can be manufactured?
ans: 22 + 2+ 1 = 25.
14.There are some chicken in a poultry. They are fed with corn One sack of corn
will come for 9 days. The farmer decides to sell some chicken and wanted to hold
12 chicken with him. He cuts the feed by 10% and sack of corn comes for 30 days.
So initially how many chicken are there?
15. 4 persons are there called JOHN, JACOB, PITER, and WILLIAMS. 4 languages are there named ENGLISH, ITALIAN, GERMAN, FRENCH. Conditions:-
a. There is no common language for all.
b. Except one language, no language is spoken by more than two.
c. One can know either German or FRENCH but not both.
d. John can’t speak ENGLISH But John can act as interpreter between JACOB and PITER. Jacob knows GERMAN but he can talk with WILLIAM who doesn’t know a word of GERMAN.
e. No common language between JOHN, PITER, and WILLIAMS.
Which two languages do each person speaks?
Hint: ITALIAN IS SPOKEN BY THREE PERSONS (This hint is given in Question paper)
16. This problem is of time and work type. Some A and some B are able to produce so many tors in so many hours.(for example 10 A and 20 B is able to produce 30 tors per hour). Like this one more sentence was given. We have to find out the rate of working of A and B in tors/hour.
17. A and B play a game of dice between them. The dice consists of colors on their faces instead of numbers. A wins if both dice show same color. B wins if both dice show different colors. One dice consists of 1 red and 5 blue. What must be the color in the faces of other dice.(i.e. how many blue and how many red?). Chances of winning for A and B are even.
18. A girl has 55 marbles. She arranges them in n rows. The nth row consists of n marbles, the (n-1) throw consists of (n-1) marbles and so on. What is the number of marbles in nth row?
19. This question is of analogy type. Some sentences regarding tastes of people to poetry are given like all who like A’s Poem, like the poems of B. Like this 7 or 8 sentences were given. Questions were based on this.
20. This question is also of analogy type. Four persons are there A,B,C,D. Each of the four persons own either P,Q,R,S. 10 sentences using if clause were given. We have to find out which belongs to whom.
21. Consider the following statements:
Albert: Dave did it.
Dave: Tony did it.
Gug: I did not do it.
Tony: Dave lied when he said that i did it.
(a)If only one out of all above statements is true, who did it?
(b)If only one out of all above statements is false, who did it?
22. A contribution of Rs. 500 was raised from 500 people. The fee was as follows:
Men: Rs.3.00 each
Women: Rs. 2.00 each
Children: 0.48 each
If number of women is more than number of men, how many children are there?
23. A rope ladder was left down from a ship. 12 steps of the ladder were exposed at 10:00 am. The queen who was going to visit the ship, said she would visit at 1:00 pm as she would have to climb lesser number of steps then. The tide in the sea increases from morning to afternoon at the rate of 1.2 meters per hour. The distance between any 2 steps of the ladder is 0.4 mts. How many steps will the queen have to climb?
24. Two turns have vertain peculiar characteristics. One of them always lies on Monday, Wednesday, Friday. The other always lies on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. On the other days they tell the truth. You are given a conversation.
Person A — Today is Sunday and my name is anil.
Person B — Today is Tuesday and my name is Bill. What is today?
Today is Tuesday.
25. Which of the following statements can be deduced from the information presented?
i) If it is Sunday, the twins will both say so.
ii) If it is not Sunday, one twin will give the correct day and the other will lie about everything.
iii) On any given day, only one twin will give his correct name.
a) i only.
b) i and ii only.
c) i and iii only.
d) ii and iii only.
e) i,ii and iii.