Project Management MCQ pdf for MBA, BBA, Competitive exams and various academic exams of all Institutions.
Welcome to our comprehensive collection of Project Management Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQs) in PDF format! This article provides a set of MCQs specifically designed for MBA and BBA exams. Project management is a crucial discipline in the business world, and these MCQs will help you test your knowledge and understanding of key concepts in project management.
Importance of Project Management in Business
Project management plays a vital role in organizations of all sizes and industries. It involves planning, organizing, and controlling resources to achieve project goals within the constraints of time, cost, and quality. Proficiency in project management is essential for successfully executing projects, meeting client expectations, and delivering value to stakeholders.
Project Management MCQ for MBA, BBA Exams
1. Purchase ___ describes a product in terms of its design characteristics which include dimensions, weight, shape, size, surface finish, physical and chemical properties, and performance.
2. The purchase ___ is signed by the prescribed authority.
3. Purchase order becomes a legal contract only after it has been accepted by the vendor or any of his authorised agents.
4. Follow-up is a corrective measure that seeks to foresee the problem and preempt late delivery. (True/False)
5. Follow-up includes internal follow-up with departments like the store, finance, inspection, and project groups and external follow-up with ___.
6. The ___ conditions include purchase order no., name and address of the supplier, delivery address of the goods, description of the goods, product specifications, quantity, etc.
7. Contract planning should be done at the project planning stage.
8. Fixed price applies to unstable labour market conditions and uncertain specifications and production schedule.
9. ___ of contract may be done due to default by the vendor in failing to perform as agreed in contract while making deliveries, the convenience of the buyers, or mutual consent.
10. The process of contract planning includes the preparation of ___ plans.
11. ___ is generally applicable under stable market conditions and in the case of firm specifications and production schedule.
Ans. Fixed price
12. ___ includes monitoring the progress of manufacturing of equipment, it’s quality, packaging, and associated documentation.
Ans. Order fulfillment
13. ___ .includes identifying the required number of suppliers out of the possible ones.
Ans. Shortlist suppliers
14. A procurement process starts with the ___ of required material and types of equipment.
15. An efficient project management can avoid many of these problems by proper planning and control of procurement and efficient ___ materials management.
16. ___ performance measurement is an ongoing process that involves monitoring and reporting project progress with respect to predetermined objectives.
17. ___ consists of web space over Internet/intranet/extranet, shared by an authorised group of users to discuss their common objective.
18. ___ are age old methods to communicate project information in many organisations.
Ans. Written reports
19. Communication is the process by which information is exchanged between individuals through a common system of symbols, signs, or behaviour.
20. The PMIS should support the full range of the life cycle including project analysis and post-project review. (True/false)
21. Only irrelevant information should be a part of PMIS.
22. Enterprise guidance and project ___ should be a part of PMIS.
Ans. Background information
23. ___ include priorities in running different applications and the security measures to achieve optimal and secure operations of the system.
24. Hardware also includes communication equipment that facilitates fast transmission and reception of the text, pictures, sound, and animation in the form of electronic data.
25. Performance measurement is a part of the ___ process.
Ans. Strategic planning
26. Productivity is calculated by adding the value added by the product or service by the value of labour and capital cost.
27. The measurement of performance is a tool that provides qualitative information about products, services, and the processes that produce them.
28. Productivity is always a relative measure and expressed as the ratio of ___ to inputs.
Ans. Net outputs
29. If the productivity is measured for the total enterprise, it is termed as ___ productivity.
Ans. Total factor
30. When productivity is measured for each factor, it is termed as ___ productivity.
Ans. Partial factor
31. Performance coefficient of productivity can be measured in financial as well as physical terms.
32. ___ is an important tool for the assessment of a system or service according to the measurements specified
Ans. Performance evaluation
33. Projects are generally evaluated in terms of ___ incurred.
Ans. Capital expenditures
34. In management ___ of any service, process or activity typically refers to “determining its worth”.
35. ___ involves a comparison of the actual cost incurred on the project with the budgeted cost of the project for a given time period to determine the variants.
Ans. Variance analysis
36. ACC represents the actual cost incurred for accomplishing the work performed during a particular time period.
37. ACWP represents the actual cost incurred for accomplishing the work performed during a particular time period.
38. ___ represents the estimate for the additional cost required for completing the project.
39. The ___ is an integral part of project management and is a necessary task of the project manager.
40. ___ is a list prepared separately for each agency after the resource scheduling process.
Ans. Work-to list
41. The ___ phase is the last phase of any project.
Ans. Project close-out
42. A PIR can be conducted as a formal audit or as a workshop involving the project ___
43. Work-to list is usually prepared to cover only a few weeks ahead.
44. ___ networks highlight which tasks are critical for a project to stay on schedule and which can slide without affecting the completion date of the project.
Ans. Critical path
45. ___ is the final network that has been arrived at after the resource rescheduling process, satisfying resource constraints and shows all activities.
Ans. Detailed network
46. Two common methods to evaluate the performance objectives are variance analysis and the ___ method.
Ans. Earned value
47. The ___ is a useful tool that allows the calculations of cost and schedule performance measures including cost variance, schedule variance, cost and time over-runs for a project.
Ans. Earned Value Method (EVM)
48. Frequency of monitoring depends on nature, duration, and importance of projects and stakeholders need. (True/False)
49. Schedule Variance = Plan time – actual time.
50. The variance report may be presented in tabular form or ___ form.
51. The ___ is an estimate of the future based on current progress and other factors.
52. The report is circulated to all concerned and discussed in a ___
Ans. Review meeting
53. On completion of the project, all resources – materials, equipment, and people are to be released from the project. (True/False)
54. The final Project Report (PR) should be written by a professional.
55. The project manager should ensure that the people are released in a fair and proper manner.
56. The decision of project termination affects all the ___ of the project and can put some negative impact on the organisation’s growth.
57. There should be a clear ___ for project termination, and it should be communicated to all the stakeholders.
58. There should be periodical ___ with the control board before taking the decision.
Ans. Review meetings
59. The ___ of project success and termination should be clear and communicated to every stakeholder.
60. In case the project has to be terminated, there should be a clear commitment of the control board and high-level management towards the project management team in order to enable the team to ___ the project closure procedures.
61. Traditionally project follow-up stage is considered as a part of the project ___ phase.
62. After delivery or completion of the project, the ___ has to be evaluated.
Ans. Staff performance
63. ___ projects often have low visibility of benefits but very high costs, and also very high stress and risk levels too.
Ans. ICT (Information and Communications Technology)
64. The project activities like drawings cannot be performed by using project management software. (True/False)
65. The project management software package can be handled with minimum training. (True/False)
66. The price of PC-based software is under ___ which is affordable for an organisation.
67. Resource allocation problem is concerned with ___ activities in such a way so as to find the shortest project schedule.
68. The process of producing a fresh set of schedule is known as___.
69. ___ allows the user to view the information in the desired order, such as pay rates from highest to lowest or in alphabetical order.
70. ___ enables the user to select only certain data that meet some specified criteria.
71. Most software allows a single level of sorting.
72. ___ is a tool for examining and scheduling more complex projects.
Ans. Gantt charts
73. When a project is underway, Gantt Charts helps to monitor whether the project is on schedule or not.