Operations Research Multiple Choice Questions and Answers pdf for MBA BBA online and offline exams of various Institutions.
Operations Research Multiple Choice Questions and Answers
1. The main objective of OR is to provide a ___, ___ to the decision-makers.
Ans. Scientific basis
2. OR employs a team of ___ from ___ ___.
Ans. Scientists, different disciplines
3. Mention two applications of OR.
Ans. Industry Planning
4. How can a hospital benefit from the application of OR methods?
Ans. To solve waiting for problems
5. OR ___ inter-disciplinary approach.
6. OR increases the effectiveness of ___ ability.
Ans. Decision making
7. OR gives a qualitative solution
8. One of the OR phases is the Action phase
9. Diagram belongs to the physical model
10. Allocation problems are represented by the iconic model
11. OR methodology consists of definition, solution and validation only.
12. The interaction between the OR team and Management reaches peak level in the implementation phase.
13. OR imbibes ___ team approach.
14. Linear programming is the tool of ___.
15. The three phases of OR are ___.
Ans. Judgement phase, Research phase & Action phase
16. To solve any problem through the OR approach the first step is ___.
Ans. Define the problem
17. ___ represents a real-life system.
18. ___ represents the controlled variables of the system
19. Both the objective function and constraints are expressed in ___ forms.
20. LPP requires existence of ___, ___, ___ and ___.
Ans. An alternate course of action
21. Solution of decision variables can also be ____.
22. One of the characteristics of canonical form in the objective function must be of maximisation.
23. 2x – 3y ≤ 10 can be written as -2x + 3y ≥-10
24. The collection of all feasible solutions is known as the ___ region.
25. A linear inequality in two variables is known as a ___.
26. The feasible region is a convex set
27. The optimum value occurs the anywhere infeasible region
28. We add a surplus variable for “≤” of constraint.
29. The right-hand side element of each constraint is non-negative.
30. A basic solution is said to be a feasible solution if it satisfies all constraints.
31. If one or more values of the basic variable are zero then the solution is said to be degenerate.
32. The right-hand side element of each constraint is non-negative.
33. The key column is determined by Zj – Cj row.
34. Pivotal element lies on the crossing of the key column and key row.
35. The negative and infinite ratios are considered for determining key row.
36. The value of artificial value is “M”.
37. Artificial variables enter as basic variables.
38. Dual LPP always reduces the amount of computation.
39. It is possible to reverse the dual LPP to primal LPP
40. The coefficients of decision variables in the objective function become quantities on the right-hand side of ___.