Multiple Choice Questions for Multimedia System | Multimedia system MCQ for the preparation of academic and competitive examinations.
Multiple Choice Questions for Multimedia System
1. Image is a continuous media.
2. In the image function, the amplitude at any coordinates represents ___.
3. When an image has grey levels, it is referred to as a ___
Ans. k-bit image
4. ___ graphics are composed of very small dots (pixels) of the same or different colour.
5. Bitmap images are scalable.
6. The quality of vector graphics remains ___ even if the size is increased or decreased.
7. ___ image format is the image format that comes out of an image frame grabber.
8. GIF supports up to ___ bits per pixel.
9. GIF uses the LZW encoding method.
10. The ___ file format allows a flexible set of information fields.
11. JPEG stands for ___.
Ans. Joint Photographic Experts Group
12. DCT is used to transform each block from the ___ domain to the ___ domain.
Ans. Spatial, frequency
13. Differential encoding is applied to ___ coefficients.
14. The format of the codeword generated after run-length encoding is ___.
Ans. (skip, value)
15. JPEG is a lossy compression.
16. A 4-bit code generates a total of ___ binary numbers with their values ranging from 0 to ___.
17. If the sampling frequency becomes lesser than the Nyquist Rate, then it is not possible to reconstruct back the actual or near the actual shape of the original signal.
18. Sample and hold is required because at the sampling instant, the amplitude level of the analog wave should not rapidly fluctuate.
19. If the scale of a 4-bit DAC is 0 to 5V then its step size is ___V.
Ans. 5/16 = 0.3125V.
20. Sampling rate and bit-depth are ___.
21. A LPF blocks low-frequency components in a signal.
22. In DPCM, the difference between the amplitude of successive samples is only encoded.
23. In the DPCM encoder, the register R is used to store ___ values.
24. The principle behind ADPCM is to use fewer bits to encode smaller difference and more bits to encode larger difference.
25. In the case of the second version of the ADPCM encoder, the first filter passes the frequency in the range ___.
Ans. 50 Hz to 3.5 kHz
26. The sampling rate for the upper sub-band signal is ___.
Ans. 16 ksps
27. In the case of adaptive predicting coding, the input speech signal is divided into fixed time ___.
28. Using adaptive predicting coding, the bandwidth requirement is reduced to ___.
Ans. 8 ksps
29. Linear predicting coding is based on the perception of a signal by the ear.
30. The perception of a signal by the ear is determined by three parameters: pitch, loudness, and ___.
31. The sound generated through the vocal cords is known as unvoiced sound.
32. In the coder excited linear prediction model, the set of pre-computed templates are referred to as ___.
Ans. template codebook
33. The ratio of loudest sound the ear can hear to the quietest sound it can hear is known as ___.
Ans. dynamic range
34. When the strong signal makes the other signals to be unheard though the other signals may also be in the audible range. This effect is called ___.
Ans. frequency masking
35. G.711 standard is used for encoding telephone audio.
36. G.721 is an ITU-T standard codec that uses Adaptive Differential Pulse Code Modulation.
37. G.728 standard operates at ___ compression.
Ans. 16 kbps
38. In the MPEG audio coder, Discrete Cosine Transform is used to map the PCM samples into its equivalent frequency component.
39. The psychoacoustic model is not present in the MPEG decoder.
40. MPEG stands for ___.
Ans. Moving Pictures Expert Group
41. When adjacent frames are similar then it is known as ___ redundancy.
42. The number of frames between successive I-frame is known as ___.
Ans. Group of Pictures
43. Frames that are encoded with reference to either the previous coded I-frame or P-frame is called B-frame.
44. Macroblock consists of ___ blocks of Y, ___ block of Cb and ___ block of Cr.
45. The parameters motion vectors are encoded using ___ encoding.
46. The compression level of the I-frame is higher as compared to the compression level of the P-frame.
47. The number of still pictures/frames displayed per second is called ___.
Ans. Frame rate
48. ___ describes the dimensions of video screens and video picture elements.
Ans. Aspect ratio
49. In streaming video, the video data is sent in a continuous stream.
50. H.261 supports ___ and ___ digitization formats.
Ans. CIF, QCIF
51. For the CIF digitization format, the number of GOB is 3.
52. H.263 is an audio coding standard designed by International Telecom Unit.
53. H.263 supports five digitization format CIF, QCIF, ___, 4CIF and 16CIF.
54. In MPEG-1, the digitization format used is ___.
55. The number of macroblocks between two timestamps is known as a ___.
56. The ___ video standard is defined in ISO Recommendation 13818.
57. In MPEG-2, a high level of video resolution is used for ___.
Ans. Widescreen HDTV
58. The DCT blocks are encoded in frame mode when a large amount of motion is present.
59. Each video scene is segmented into a number of ___.
Ans. Video object plane
60. A multimedia device should possess both an encoder and a decoder.
61. If the sampling rate is determined by the bandwidth of the communication channel, then the signal is known as ___.
Ans. band-limited signal
62. Barcode scanner is a type of hand-held scanner.
63. ___ is an input device that captures the handwriting or brushstrokes of a user and digitizes them.
Ans. An electronic pen
64. Microphones convert ___ energy into ___ energy.
Ans. Acoustical, electrical
65. CCD stands for ___.
Ans. Charged-Coupled Device
66. Speakers convert an electrical analog audio signal into sound waves.
67. LCD monitors use ___ technology.
Ans. Liquid Crystal Display
68. High definition clarity is achieved in ___ monitors.
69. LASER printers are also known as impact printers.
70. ___ transfers documents over a standard telephone line.
71. ___ memory is a memory where data is stored.
72. RAM is a primary memory.
73. ___ is a memory device where we can read as well as write to it.
74. SRAM has a faster access time than DRAM.
75. ROM is a volatile memory.
- MCQ on Multimedia Graphics, Picture, Image, Audio
- 3 Online Writing Tools That Help Students Write Assignments
In conclusion, multiple-choice questions provide an effective way to assess knowledge and understanding in the field of multimedia systems. By presenting a range of options, they allow individuals to demonstrate their comprehension and make informed choices.
These questions offer a structured format that can cover various aspects of multimedia systems, including concepts, technologies, applications, and best practices.
Thanks for visiting our website, if you like the post on Multiple Choice Questions for Multimedia System, please do not forget to share on social media.