Are you ready to test your knowledge of microprocessors and microcontrollers? Look no further! Our comprehensive collection of multiple-choice questions (MCQs) with answers will challenge your understanding of this fascinating technology.
Whether you’re a student preparing for an exam, a professional looking to brush up on your skills, or simply someone curious about the world of microprocessors and microcontrollers, this resource is perfect for you. From the basics of architecture and programming to advanced concepts like interrupts and memory management, our MCQs cover it all.
Not only will these questions help you assess your knowledge, but they will also provide valuable insights and explanations to help you learn and grow. So, get ready to dive into the world of microprocessors and microcontrollers with our engaging MCQs – let’s test your expertise and take your understanding to the next level!
Microprocessor and Microcontroller MCQs
1. A computer accepts data from the user processes the data according to the instructions given and produces the desired output result. (True /False)
2. RAM stands for ___.
Ans. Random Access Memory
3. A single IC which consists of ALU, control section and Register section is called ___.
4. What is the name of the system which carries only the control and timing signals?
Ans. Control bus
5. The physical components of the computer are called ___.
6. System Software is suited for specific applications. (True/False)
7. Machine language can be directly understood and executed by a machine and it is the language of 0s and 1s. (True/False)
8. The various ways of specifying the data is called ___.
Ans. Addressing mode
9. An operating system is a software component that acts as the ___ of a computer system.
10. ___ performs parallel processing.
11. The ___ computers are specially used as servers on the World Wide Web.
12. PDA stands for ___.
Ans. Personal Digital Assistant
13. SSI stands for ___.
Ans. Small-Scale Integration
14. The 4004 was a ___ bit processor introduced by Intel in the year 1971.
15. Intel introduced the 16-bit microprocessor 8086 in 1988. (True/False)
16. The ___ processor is the first in a family of the 64-bit microprocessor by Intel introduced in 2001.
17. The original Core brand refers to Intel’s 32-bit mobile dual-core x86 CPUs that derived from the ___ branded processors.
Ans. Pentium M
18. 80286 was introduced in the year ___.
19. 80486 is a ___ bit processor.
20. Intel is considered as the founder of X86 processors. (True/False)
21. MIPS stands for ___.
Ans. Millions of Instructions Per Second
22. AMD stands for ___.
Ans. Advanced Micro Devices
23. 8086 microprocessor has ___ bit data bus and ___ bit address bus.
Ans. 16 bit, 20 bit
24. The prefetched instruction bytes are stored in a first in first out (FIFO) group of registers called an ___ for the Execution Unit.
Ans. Instruction Queue
25. The ___ input provides the basic timing for processor operation and bus control activity.