Looking to test your knowledge on Management Information Systems (MIS)? Look no further! In this article, we have curated the top 75 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) on MIS, covering a wide range of topics and concepts.
Whether you are a student studying for an exam, a professional looking to brush up on your skills, or simply someone interested in technology and its role in business, this comprehensive list of MCQs will provide you with the perfect opportunity to test your understanding.
From the basics of MIS to more advanced topics like decision support systems, database management, and IT infrastructure, these questions are designed to challenge and engage you. So, get ready to dive into the world of MIS and see how well you fare in this exciting quiz!
Top 75 MCQ on MIS – Management Information Systems MIS MCQ
1. Organization uses MIS for ___, ___ and ___.
Ans. Decision making, Control of activities and operations
2. Data is processed to form ___.
3. What are the disadvantages of MIS?
The following are some of the disadvantages of MIS:
• MIS is highly sensitive: MIS is very helpful in maintaining the logging information of an authorized user. This needs to monitor constantly.
• Quality of outputs is governed by the quality of inputs.
• MIS budgeting: There is difficulty in maintaining indirect costs and overheads. Capturing the actual cost needs to have an accrual system having true costs of outputs which is extremely difficult. It has been difficult to establish definite findings.
• MIS is not flexible to update itself for the changes.
• The changes in the decision of top-level management decrease its effectiveness.
• Information accountability is based on qualitative factors and the factors like morality, confidence or attitude will not have any base.
4. ___ give advice to the end-users based on the Knowledge.
Ans. Expert systems
5. How are MIS categorized?
Ans. MIS is classified into various types. The classification depends on the following aspects –
c) Area of application
d) Processing type
e) Frequency of usage
6. Consider yourself as the manager in the department of production and give an example in which you create a module of the information system that can be used by other departments of the organization.
Ans. Though different types of IS exist in any organization, you can relate them to each other directly or indirectly. The information generated in one department may be used by another department to generate further information to be used by other departments and so on. Thus there exists a relationship between various types of IS being used in any organization.
7. PDA is systems which are kept on top of desks in various offices, residences, classrooms, departmental store, showrooms, etc.
8. It is possible to carry a notebook computer in pockets, hence is very convenient to use.
9. A PC can ___ data at a very high speed.
10. A PC with ___ offers the facility of video conferencing worldwide.
11. A processor refers to a unit that processes the ___ received the way it has been instructed.
12. What are the Class model, state model and interaction model?
Ans. A class model indicates the static structure of the objects and their relationships with other business objects. A state model indicates the change that takes place in the objects with respect to time. The interaction model indicates how to coordinate objects with other objects to achieve business goals. Some of the special features of object modelling are – polymorphism, inheritance, templates, etc.
13. ___ are a process where it is possible to capture the thought process going on in the brain of the human being.
Ans. Neural networks
14. An organization is a structure that uses the resources from the environment like manpower, raw materials, capital and returns the output like products and services to the environment.
15. User resistance is a major behavioural factor associated with the adoption of new systems.
16. Strategic Information System (SIS) is a support to the existing system and helps in achieving a competitive advantage over the organization’s competitors in terms of its objectives.
17. The original idea of automating mechanical processes got quickly succeeded by the rationalization and integration of systems.
18. ___ is an enterprise’s plan for achieving sustainable competitive advantage over or reducing the edge of, its adversaries.
Ans. Competitive Strategy
19. The two basic factors which may be considered to be adopted by the organization in their strategies are ___ and ___.
Ans. Low cost and Product Differentiation
20. Product differentiation is the degree to which buyers perceive products from alternative suppliers to be different.
21. The buyers of differentiated products may have to pay a price when satisfying their preference for something special, in return for no value.
22. Newer technologies change the direction of the value chain.
23. The notion of ___ was created to complement that of ___.
Ans. Competitive necessity, competitive advantage
24. ___ may be in the interests of the customers since it may result in lower costs, higher quality or greater reliability.
25. Any organization will have the number of ___ aligned with its business activities.