50 most important General Knowledge questions and answers for Quiz and other competitive examinations like Bank, PO, LIC, Clerk, Indian Railways and other competitive exams.
50 most important General Knowledge questions and answers for Quiz
1. How many languages and dialects are spoken by people all over the world?
A. 6,000 B. 9,000 C. 4,000 D. 1,000
2. Approximately, how many people speak Chinese language?
A. 1 billion -B. 1 million C. 1 lakh D. 1 thousand
3. The language with the richest vocabulary is:
A. Hindi B. French C. English D. German
4. English Language have more than ?? words:
A. 4,50,000 B. 45,000 C. 4,500 D. 450
5. The oldest Indian language is:
A. Telugu B. Hindu C. Tamil D. Punjabi
6. Which book has been printed in the maximum number of languages and these scripts?
A. The Bible B. Hiraka Sutra C. The Super Book D. None of these
7. The only religious book ever printed in a shorthand scripts is:
A. The Ramayana B. The Mahabharata C. The bible D. Guru Granth Sahib
8. The oldest printed work in the world, which dates back to AD 868 is:
A. The Bible B. The Hirake Sutra C. The Ramayana D. The Mahabharata
9. The largest book, the super book, is ?? and weight is ??
A. 270 cm, 300 cm, 252 kg. B. 100 cm, 110 cm, 100 kg. C. 200 cm, 100 cm, 60 kg. D. None of these
10. Les Hommes de bonne volont Ac is the:
A. Longest novel ever published B. Shortest novel every published C. The oldest novel D. None of these
11. The author of the play/book ?Ratnawali? is:
A. Tulsidas B. Kalidas C. Harsha Vardhan D. Prem Chand
12. Which of the following in the book/play written by Maithili Sharan Gupt?
A. Saket B. Satyartha Prakash C. Shakuntala D. Savitri
13. The book? Satyartha Prakash? was written by:
A. Swami Dayanand B. Swami Vivekanand C. Sarojini Naidu D. Kalidas
14. The play/book? Shakuntala? was written by:
A. Maithili Sharan gupt B. Swami Dayanand C. Kalidas D. Tulsidas
15. Which of the following is the author of? Song of India, The?:
A. Firdausi B. Sarojini Naidu C. Lala Lajpat Rai D. Sri Aurobindo Ghosh
16. The author of the book? Time machine? is:
A. Lewis Carroll B. Robert Louis Stevenson C. Charles Lamb D. H. G. Wells
17. Which of the following book was written by Tulsidas:
A. Vinay Patrika B. Ramcharitmanas C. Both (a) and (b) D. Yashodhara
18. The book? Vish Vriksha? was written by:
A. Bankimchandra Chatterjee B. Annie Basant C. Tulsidas D. Kalidas
19. The book? We Indians? was written by:
A. H. G. Wells B. Khushwant Singh C. James Jeans D. Thomas Moore
20. Which of the following is the author of play/book? Yashodhara?:
A. Maithili Sharan Gupt B. Khushwant Singh C. Bankimchandra Chatterjee D. Sarojini Naidu
21. Dhyan Chand was:
A. A great hockey player B. Captained the Indian hockey team which won a gold medal in 1936 Berlin Olympics
C. Scored 101 goals at the Olympic games and 300 goals in the international matches D. All the statements are correct
22. Who developed the small pox vaccination?
A. Eduard Jenner B. Alexander Fleming C. Albert Einstein D. None of these
23. Euclid was:
A. Greek mathematician B. Contributor to the use of deductive principles of logic as the basis of geometry C. Propounded the geometrical theorems D. All the statements are correct
24. Fa-hien was:
A. The first Buddhist pilgrim of China to visit India during the reign of Chandragupta Vikramaditya B. The discovery of Puerto Rico and Jamaica C. The first Buddhist pilgrim of India to visit China D. None of these
25. Firdausi was:
A. A person poet B. Well known for his epic? Sharnama? C. Both are correct D. None of these
26. Who is also known as the ?Lady with the Lamp??
A. Florence Nightingale B. Sarojini Naidu C. Rani Laxmibai D. Bachendri Pal
27. Gabriel Daniel Fahrenheit was:
A. A German Physicist B. Developed the mercury thermometer in 1714 C. Devised temperature scale D. All are correct
28. Galileo was an Italian astronomer who:
A. Developed the telescope B. Discovered 4 satellites of Jupiter C. Discovered that the movement of the pendulum produces a regular time measurement. D. All are correct
29. Who is known as the father of English poetry?
A. Geoffrey Chaucer B. John Milton C. John Keats D. None of these
30. The American General who led the revolt against the British & declared American independence was:
A. George Washington B. Bill Clinton C. George Bush D. None of these
31. Marco Polo
A. Discovered Greenland B. Traveled three China, India and other parts of Asia C. Traveled round the cape of Good Hope D. Discovered Canada
32. Who landed on the mainland of South America for the First time?
A. Discovered Greenland B. Landed on the mainland of south America C. Discovered the sea route from Europe to India D. None of these
33. Who was first to sail sound the strait, reached the Philippines and named the Pacific Ocean?
A. Ferdinand Magelion B. Jacques Carter C. William Janszoom D. Vasco da Gama
34. Who discovered Australia?
A. Eric the Red B. Leif Ericsson C. William Janszoom D. None of these
35. Who located the magnetic pole?
A. Sir James Clark B. Rear Admiral C. Sir John Ross D. All the above
36. Who was first to reach the South Pole?
A. Rear Admiral B. Capt. Amundsen C. Capt. R. E. Scett D. Sir Edmund Hillary
37. Who was the first to cross the Antarctic?
A. Sir Vivian Fuchs & sir Edmund Hillary B. Maj. Yuri Gagarin and Maj. Gherman Titor C. Capt. R. E. Scott D. All of these
38. Who were the first to journey into space?
A. Maj. Yori Gagarin and maj. Gherman Titor from Russia B. Comm. Grissom and Col john Glenn from America C. Both are correct D. None of these
39. Who was the first man to ?Walk? in space?
A. Col. Leonor from Russia B. Major White from America C. Both of this D. None of these
40. Who were the first to circle the moon?
A. Frank boreman, Bill Anders and Jim Lovell B. Neil Armstrong and Edwin Aldrin C. Charles Conrad and Alan Bean D. None of these
41. ?Arena? is the special name for playground of:
A. Cricket B. Lawn Tennis C. Wrestling D. Skating
42. The national sport of Canada is:
A. Tennis and cricket B. Lacrosse C. Judo D. Rugby and Football
43. Badminton is the national sport at:
A. Malaysia B. Scotland C. China D. Former Soviet Union
44. Where is the Vallabhbhai Patel stadium located?
A. Kolkata B. Mumbai C. Chennai D. Delhi
45. Where is the sports stadium, Green Park, located?
A. Kanpur B. Jamshedpur C. Cuttack D. Patiala
46. For which of the following disciplines in Nobel Prize awarded?
A. Physics and chemistry B. Physiology or Medicine C. Literature, Peace and Economics D. All the above
47. On which date is Nobel Prize awarded?
A. December 10 B. January 10 C. April 10 D. July 10
48. The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences awarded the Noble Prize in:
A. Physics B. Economics C. Chemistry D. (a) and (c)
49. The committee of the Norwegian Parliament awards the prize for:
A. Economics B. Peace C. Medicine D. Literature
50. Dr. Linus Carl Pauling is the only person to have won two Nobel Prizes individually for:
A. Chemistry in 1954, peace prize in 1962 B. Peace prize in 1954, Chemistry in 1962 C. Physics in 154, Medicine in 1962 D. Medicine in 1954, Physics in 1962
1. b 2. a 3. c 4. a 5. C 6. a 7. c 8. b 9. a 10. a 11. c 12. a 13. a 14. c 15. B 16. d 17. c 18. a 19. b 20. a 21. d 22. a 23. d 24. a 25. c 26. a 27. d 28. d 29. a 30. a 31. b 32. b 33. a 34. c 35. d 36. b 37. a 38. c 39. c 40. a 41. c 42. b 43. a 44. b 45. a 46. d 47. a 48. d 49. b 50. a