Grid Computing Multiple Choice Questions and Answers for students who are preparing for IT competitive and academic examinations.
Grid Computing Multiple Choice Questions and Answers
1. ___ provides a uniform way to describe grid services and defines a common pattern of behavior for all grid services.
2. The OGSA is a combination of many web services; they are XML, ___ and ___.
Ans. WSDL, SOAP
3. The “Grid administrator” is the ___ plays a vital role in the commercial data center (CDC).
4. In case of ___, information must be placed in multiple data centers.
Ans. Disaster recovery
5. AAA stands for ___.
Ans. Authentication, Authorization and Access Control
6. During the lifetime of an entertainment content the ___ involved in the delivery of the content may change.
7. One of the biggest service levels to be managed for the online entertainment world is ___.
Ans. Response time
8. OGSI soft state management could be one way to implement a ___ function.
9. NFC stands for___.
Ans. National Fusion Collaboratory
10. In ___ model, the service provider will provide the platform and software for the application developer to develop the application remotely.
Ans. Network services
11. Grids are facilitated by the use of ___.
Ans. Grid middleware
12. The scheduler locates and contacts the service that represents the requested application and requests details of the ___ that are required for the job.
13. Traditionally, ___systems such as CORBA and DCOM have been designed with the notion of expressing units of software functionality as distributed objects.
Ans. Distributed object-oriented
14. In a ___ environment, services are loosely coupled, and they communicate by message exchanges that can be one-way, synchronous or asynchronous.
15. Service-orientation reinforces general software architecture principles such as ___, and modularization.
16. Data availability before ___ cannot be leveraged as it becomes available dynamically.
Ans. Transfer time
17. The ___ identifies, the client requirement like software and platform identified by the service broker for execution
Ans. Service broker
18. Many financial applications and systems are___.
19. The Grid ___ has complete freedom to co-populate the system with non-grid environment.
20. To manage the performance of the system, ___ and forecasting is required before or on the application execution in the identified system
21. The ___ like creating, managing and exchanging information has a mechanism to share among themselves in the open grid service infrastructure (OGSI).
Ans. Grid services
22. The ___ is defined as to follows set of mutual agreements of grid service instance
23. WSIF stands for ___.
Ans. Web Services Invocation Framework
24. A ___ contains the all necessary information to access the service instances.
25. To isolate the modification of WSDL 1.1, a temporary or separate namespace with prefix ___ is defined.
26. The grid service is the ___ based web service.
27. SDEs stands for___.
Ans. Service Data elements
28. The OGSI models the ___in namespace attributes.
Ans. Service data
29. NTP stands for ___.
Ans. Network Time Protocol
30. The ___ of a GSR may be independent of the lifecycle of the associated Grid service instance.
31. A ___ is a structure that contains zero or more GSHs.
Ans. service locator
32. OGSI defines a ___ type for all fault messages that Grid services must return.
Ans. base XSD
33. The Grid Service port Type must be implemented by all Grid services and thus serves as the ___definition in OGSI.
Ans. base interface
34. RPC stands for___.
Ans. Remote Procedure Call
35. A service instance that implements the Handle Resolver port Type is called ___.
Ans. handle resolver
36. A notification message is an XML element sent from a notification source to ___.
Ans. notification sink
37. A subscription request causes the creation of a Grid service instance, called ___.
38. The ___ can provide interfaces and access to any type of Grid-enabled resource, which is within the purview of the Virtual Organization.
Ans. Grid portal
39. Grid Portals generally do not have significant issues in terms of ___.
40. GPDK stands for ___.
Ans. Grid Portal Development Kit
41. The ___ forms the resource hosting environment.
Ans. Native platform
42. The service specification has defined the essential building block for ___ in terms of web service specifications and WSDL.
Ans. distributed systems
43. ___defines information that is useful for managing an entity.
44. In CMM, every management resource is represented as a ___ instance that possesses a state, a unique instance identifier, and a operational interfaces.
Ans. grid service
45. ___ can factor out the common set of interfaces that can function against all the resources.
46. The ___ abstraction helps the policy service to differentiate the roles of the policy actors.
Ans. multilevel policy
47. The ___ are created as high-level business definitions, such as SLA, event management.
48. A grid service may consume ___ and a resource may be shared by multiple service instances.
Ans. multiple resources
49. A ___ provides access to a standard description of aggregated data.
Ans. metering interface
50. A rating interface needs to address ___ types of behaviors.
If you like the post on Grid Computing Multiple Choice Questions and Answers please share it with your friends on social media.