General Science Question Bank for RRB Railways Group D Examination
General Science Question Bank for RRB Railways Group D Examination. RRB Railway Group D Exam 2018. Model papers / Sample Papers with answers for all subjects. RRB Railway Group D Exam 2018 ki sabhi jankariyan yahan pe padhen.
General Science Question Bank for RRB Railways Group D Examination-set-1
- In plants, which of the following converts light energy into chemical energy?
B. Guard Cells
- Name the energy currency for most cellular processes.
- Urethra is a part of which system in the human body?
A. Autonomous Nervous System
B. Excretory System
C. Central Nervous System
D. Olfactory System
- Gibberellins help in the growth of
- If a patient is suffering from diabetes, a doctor is likely to administer which of the following injections?
- Binary fission is seen in
- The plant cell wall is mainly composed of
- Which cell organelle plays a central role in cellular reproduction?
B. Food Vacuoles
- Blood is a type of which tissue?
A. Epithelial tissue
B. Connective tissue
C. Nervous tissue
D. Muscular tissue
- Diatoms are
A. unicellular eukaryotic organisms
B. symbiotic blue-green algae
C. heterotrophic eukaryotic organisms
D. slow growing lichens
1. A 2. C 3. B 4. A 5. B
6. A 7. C 8. D 9. B 10. A
General Science Question Bank for RRB Railways Group D Examination set-2
- Massive amounts of gaseous exchange takes place in the leaves through
- Which of the following are called biological catalysts?
- In human beings, the respiratory pigment is
- Blood consists of a fluid medium called
- Amphibians and many reptiles have ________hearts
- Which instrument is used to measure blood pressure?
- Which of the following is associated with movement of water in plants?
- In the human body, gustatory receptors detect
- Dendrite and Axon are parts of
- Adrenaline is
A. A hormone
B. An Enzyme
C. A gland
D. A type of nerve cell
1. A 2. A 3. B 4. C 5. B
6. A 7. A 8. A 9. B 10. A
General Science Question Bank for RRB Railways Group D Examination set-3
- Calcium oxide reacts vigorously with water to produce calcium hydroxide releasing a large amount of heat. This is an example of
A. combination reaction
B. decomposition reaction
C. displacement reaction
D. double displacement reaction
- What will happen if the pH in your mouth is below 5.5?
A. Bacteria in the mouth will get killed
B. Bacteria in the mouth will neutralize the access acid
C. Bacteria in the mouth will produce sugar by degradation of acids
D. Tooth enamel will get corroded
- What is Aqua Regia?
A. freshly prepared mixture of dilute hydrochloric acid and concentrated sulphuric acid in the ratio of 5:3
B. Freshly prepared mixture of concentrated hydrochloric acid and concentrated nitric acid in the ratio of 3:1
C. Freshly prepared mixture of concentrated nitric acid and concentrated hydrochloric acid in the ratio of 3:6
D. Freshly prepared mixture of concentrated hydrochloric acid and concentrated sulphuric acid in the ratio of
- Diamonds can be synthesized by
A. reacting carbon and sulphuric acid
B. electrolysis of pure carbon and lead
C. subjecting pure carbon to very high pressure and temperature
D. double decomposition of carbon dioxide and nitric acid
- Döbereiner, a German chemist, tried to arrange the elements with similar properties into groups. What did he call these groups?
- How many atoms of Oxygen unite to form a molecule of Ozone?
- What is the chemical formula of aluminum oxide?
- 2H2+ O2 → 2H2O
What does the above chemical reaction indicate?
A. Two molecules of hydrogen combine with one molecule of oxygen to form two molecules of water
B. Two molecules of hydrogen combine with two molecules of oxygen to form two molecules of water
C. Two atoms of hydrogen combine with one atom of oxygen to form two atoms of water
D. Four molecules of hydrogen combine with one molecule of oxygen to form four molecules of water
- Which shell is closest to the nucleus of an atom?
A. K shell
B. L shell
C. M shell
D. N shell
- Protium, Deuterium and Tritium are atomic species of
1. A 2. D 3. B 4. C 5. A
6. B 7. A 8. A 9. A 10. D
General Science Question Bank for RRB Railways Group D Examination set-4
- A change of state directly from solid to gas without changing into liquid state is called
- An alloy contains 30% zinc and 70% copper. What is the name of this alloy?
C. German Silver
- A solution contains 50 g of common salt in 340 g of water. Calculate the mass of the solution.
A. 290 g
B. 6.8 g
C. 680 g
D. 390 g
- Solid carbon dioxide is also called as
A. Dry ice
B. Hail stones
C. Compressed carbon
D. Rock salt
- What is humidity?
A. The amount of humus in the soil
B. The amount of water vapour present in air
C. Human density in a particular region
D. Human birth rate
- What is a Colloid?
A. A heterogeneous mixture
B. A type of rubber
C. A plant product
D. A kind of alloy
- What is the symbol for Potassium?
- What is an Ion?
A. A negatively or positively charged particle
B. The nucleus of an atom
C. A negative neutron
D. A group of photons
- The relative molecular mass of water (H2O) is
A. 17 u
B. 18 u
C. 63 u
D. 100 u
- What is the formula unit mass of CaCl2?
A. 35.5 u
B. 40 u
C. 71 u
D. 111 u
1. A 2. A 3. D 4. A 5. B
6. A 7. A 8. A 9. B 10. D
General Science Question Bank for RRB Railways Group D Examination set-5
- Avogadro Constant is an experimentally obtained value. What is this value?
A. 6.022 × 1023
B. 7.022 × 1023
C. 8.022 × 1023
D. 9.022 × 1023
- Magnesium Ribbon burns with a
A. sparkling blue flame
B. dazzling white flame
C. bright yellow flame
D. pale reddish brown flame
- Iron articles are shiny when new, but they get coated with a reddish brown powder when left for a few months. This process is commonly known as
A. rusting of iron
B. rotting of iron
C. electroplating of iron
D. galvanizing of iron
- Methyl Orange and Phenolphthalein are used to test for acids and bases. What are such chemicals called?
A. Synthetic indicators
- The reaction between an acid and a base to give a salt and water is known as a
A. neutralisation reaction
B. alkaline reaction
C. basic reaction
D. alkaline-base reaction
- Bleaching Powder is produced by the action of Chlorine on
A. sea water
B. rock salt
C. mineral water
D. dry slaked lime
- Which of the following is used in the kitchen for faster cooking?
A. Rock salt
B. Baking soda
C. Common salt
- Calcium Sulphate Hemihydrate is also called
A. Washing soda
B. Rock salt
C. Plaster of Paris
D. Baking soda
- Polyvinylchloride is
A. A hard metallic substance
B. A rubber-like material
C. A good conductor of heat
D. A good conductor of electricity
- What is Tincture of Iodine?
A. A solution of iodine in alcohol
B. A solution of iodine in water
C. A solution of iodine in tartaric acid
D. A solution of iodine in hydrochloric acid
1. A 2. B 3. A 4. A 5. A
6. D 7. B 8. C 9. B 10. A
General Science Question Bank for RRB Railways Group D Examination for set 6 to 10 click here
Dear readers, if you liked the post please do not forget to share with your friends at Facebook or other social media. Click on below button to share.
If you have any kind of information, suggestion related to this post, or want to ask any question please make comment in the below comment box.