General Science Question Bank for RRB Railways Group D Exam-2. RRB Railway Group D Examination 2018. Model papers / Sample Papers with answers for all subjects. RRB Railway Group D Exam 2018 ki sabhi jankariyan yahan pe padhen.
General Science Question Bank for RRB Railways Group D Examination for set 6
- Where is Jim Corbett National Park located in India?
Golaghat and Nagaon districts of the state of Assam
B. Sawai Madhopur District of Rajasthan
C. Nainital district of Uttarakhand
D. Seoni and Chhindwara districts of Madhya Pradesh
- Black soil is also called as
B. Alluvial Soil
C. Laterite Soil
D. Arid Soil
- The Asiatic Cheetah and Pink Head Duck are examples of
B. Endangered Species
C. Vulnerable Species
D. Extinct Species
- Kharif, Rabi and Zaid are
B. plant products
C. water irrigation methods
D. superior variety of crops
- What is Sericulture?
Cultivation of food crops
B. Rearing of silkworms for the production of silk fibre
C. Production of sugar from sugarcane
D. Extraction of serum from blood of animals
- Which one of the following divides India into almost two equal parts?
Tropic of Cancer
B. Tropic of Capricorn
D. Prime Meridian
- The outer most range of the Himalayas is called the
- What are Barchans?
Formation of black soil
B. A tableland composed of the old crystalline, igneous and metamorphic rocks
C. Crescent shaped dunes
D. Rocks made of calcareous deposits
- Where is India’s only active volcano found?
Dodabetta in the Nilgiri Hill ranges
B. Mahendragiri in the Eastern Ghats
C. Lakshadweep Islands
D. Barren Island in Andaman and Nicobar group of Islands
- What percent of the world’s surface is covered with water?
1. C 2. A 3. D 4. A 5. C 6. A 7. B 8. C 9. D 10. C
General Science Question Bank for RRB Railways Group D Examination for set 7
- Where is the Sambhar lake situated in India?
B. Madhya Pradesh
- Fauna refers to
plants of a particular region
B. species of animals
C. rock formation
D. aquatic plants
- Gir Forest is in
C. West Bengal
- The distribution of the population according to different types of occupation is referred to as the
B. growth structure
C. company structure
D. distributive structure
- Adolescents are generally grouped in the age-group of
5 to 9 years
B. 10 to 19 years
C. 20 to 25 years
D. 26 to 30 years
- Which is the hottest planet in our solar system?
- Where is the headquarters of ISRO located?
Antariksh Bhavan, Bengaluru
B. Anand Bhavan, Mumbai
C. Pragathi Bhavan, Telangana
D. Raj Bhavan, Tamil Nadu
- What is Afforestation?
The action of planting trees on an area of land in order to make a forest
B. The removal of weeds from a forest
C. Introduction of water resources in a forest
D. Rainwater harvesting in a forest that receives less than 100 cm of rainfall
- The Indian Wildlife (Protection) Act was implemented in
- Roof top rain water harvesting is the most common practice in
B. Pune, Maharashtra
C. Kolkata, West Bengal
D. Panaji, Goa
1. A 2. B 3. B 4. A 5. B 6. B 7. A 8. A 9. D 10. A
General Science Question Bank for RRB Railways Group D Examination for set 8
- Silicon is mainly used in the production of
B. Dry cells
C. Lithium-ion cells
D. Rechargeable cells
- You are enjoying a ride on a merry-go-round, which is moving with constant speed of 15m/s? This implies that you are
moving with uniform velocity
B. at rest
C. moving with no acceleration
D. in accelerated motion
- At train starts from rest at an acceleration of 2 m/s2. The distance covered by the train in 10 seconds is
B. 20 m
C. 40 m
D. 100 m
- In an electrical circuit, the current passing through a conductor, such as a copper wire, varies inversely with the resistance. If a current of 10 amperes is passed through the circuit, the resistance is found to be 18 ohms. What is the current when the resistance is 20 ohms?
B. 18 amperes
C. 20 amperes
D. 22 amperes
- A device that converts electrical energy into mechanical energy.
C. Wind turbine
- Gases are highly compressible as compared to solids and liquids. Which of the following is an example of a highly compressed gas?
C. Carbon dioxide
- In a solid, what is an indication of the strength of the force of attraction between its particles?
B. Melting point
C. Sublimation point
D. Flow of electrons
- What is the refractive index of water?
- The SI unit of power of a lens is
- Iris and cornea are associated with
B. The heart
C. The lungs
D. The kidneys
1. A 2. D 3. D 4. A 5. A 6. A 7. B 8. A 9. C 10. A
General Science Question Bank for RRB Railways Group D Examination for set 9
- Myopia is
A disease of the human brain
B. A kind of pigment
C. A component of blood
- The splitting of light into its component colours is called
- The phenomenon of scattering of light by the colloidal particles gives rise to
B. Edison effect
C. Bose effect
D. Kaleidoscope effect
- Electrons move only if there is a _______along the conductor.
C. Potential difference
D. Voltage imbalance
- 1 volt =
B. 1coulomb1 jule
C. 1 coulomb x 1 jule
D. 1coulomb x 1 jule1 ohm
- 1 ohm =
B. 1volt1 ampere
C. 1coulomb x 1 jule1 volt
D. 1 volt x 1 ampere
- A conductor having some appreciable resistance is called a
- 1 kW h =
3.6 × 106 joule
B. 36 × 106 joule
C. 360 × 106 joule
D. 0.36 × 106 joule
- A coil of many circular turns of insulated copper wire wrapped closely in the shape of a cylinder is called a
- Which instrument can detect the direction and the magnitude of a current?
1. D 2. D 3. A 4. C 5. A 6. B 7. B 8. A 9. A 10. C
General Science Question Bank for RRB Railways Group D Examination for set 10
- The heat energy required to change 1 kg of a liquid to gas at atmospheric pressure at its boiling point is called
D. Latent heat of vaporisation
- Today, scientists are talking of five states of matter. Solid, liquid, gas, Plasma and
B. Edison-Einstein Condensate
C. Albert Einstein Particulate
D. David-Einstein Condensate
- Electrons revolve around the nucleus in a circular path, which is known as orbits. This statement is based on
B. Bohr’s Theory
C. Balmer theory
D. Newton’s Theory
- A current of 2 A is drawn by a filament of an electric bulb for 10 minutes. Find the amount of electric charge that flows through the circuit.
B. 500 C
C. 745 C
D. 1200 C
- What is the value of universal gravitational constant (g)?
9.8 m s-2
B. 98 m s-2
C. 198 m s-2
D. 980 m s-2
- A truck falls off a cliff and drops to the ground in 0.5 s. What is its speed on striking the ground?
4.9 m s–1
B. 5.9 m s–1
C. 6.9 m s–1
D. 10 m s–1
- When a body is immersed fully or partially in a fluid, it experiences an upward force that is equal to the weight of the fluid displaced by it. This is
Newton’s first law of motion
B. Newton’s second law of motion
C. Newton’s third law of motion
D. Archimedes’ principle
- Work done = Force x ________
- The energy possessed by an object due to its motion is called
B. Potential energy
C. Wind energy
D. Thermal energy
- The rate of doing work is called
1. D 2. A 3. B 4. D 5. A 6. A 7. D 8. C 9. A 10. C
General Science Question Bank for RRB Railways Group D Examination for set 1 to 5 click here
Dear readers, if you liked the post please do not forget to share with your friends on Facebook or other social media. Click on below button to share.
If you have any kind of information, suggestion related to this post, or want to ask any question please make comment in the below comment box.