Gautama Buddha and Buddhism Facts and Beliefs
Gautama Buddha (563 BC – 483 BC) was a Sramana whose education was practiced by Buddhism. He was born in Lumbini in the house of King Shrouodhan, 563 BC, Ikshwaku dynasty Kshatriya Shakya Kul. His mother’s name was Mahamaya, which was from the Koli dynasty whose death passed seven days after his birth, which was followed by Mahaprakash Gautami, younger sister of the Queen. Siddhartha married after leaving the first newborn baby Rahul and wife Yashodhara and looking for the path to liberate the world from the slightest, death, misery and truth in the divine knowledge, leaving the texts at night and went to the jungle. After the harsh practice of years, he got knowledge under Bodhi tree in Bodh Gaya (Bihar) and he became a Buddha from Siddhartha Gautam.
Gautama Buddha and Buddhism Facts and Beliefs
Common General Knowledge Questions and Answers of Gautama Buddha and Buddhism Religion:
1. Who was the founder of Buddhism?
Answer: Gautam Buddha
2. When was Gautama Buddha born?
Answer: 563 BC
3. What is the name of the birth place of Gautam Buddha?
Answer: Places of Kapilavastu’s Lumbini
4. Who is known as Light of Asia?
Answer: Mahatma Buddha
5. What was the name of Gautam Buddha’s childhood?
6. What was the name of Gautam Buddha’s father?
7. What was the name of Gautam Buddha’s mother’s?
Answer: Maya Devi
8. What was the name of Mahatma Buddha’s step mother?
Answer: Prajapati Gautami
9. What was the name of the wife of Mahatma Buddha?
10. What was the name of Gautam Buddha’s son?
11. What was the name of the surname of Gautama Buddha?
12. How many years have Gautam Buddha abandoned his home and went out in search of truth?
Answer: 29 years
13. What is the phenomenon of Siddhartha’s home sacrifice being called in Buddhism?
14. Who made Buddha his first master?
15. What education did Buddha receive from his first Guru?
Answer: Sankhya Darshan
16. What was the name of Gautama Buddha’s second Guru?
17. How many Brahmins became disciples of Buddha in Urvella?
18. What were the names of the five disciples of Buddha?
Answer: Kundinya, Wappa, Bhadia, Asagi and Mahanama
19. At the age of 35 years, in the modern Bodh Gaya, on the banks of the Niranjana (Falgu) river, after the hard austerities of the Peepal tree, did Buddha get the knowledge?
Answer: 6 years
20. What was said to Siddhartha after attaining knowledge?
Answer: Gautam Buddha and Tathagat
21. What was the clan of Siddhartha?
22. On which night did Gautam Buddha receive knowledge?
Answer: Vaisakhi Purnima
23. Where did Gautama Buddha give his first message?
Answer: Sarnath near Varanasi
24. What is this incident of preaching?
25. In what language did Mahatma Buddha give his teachings?
26. Who is the Trinity of Buddhism?
Answer: Buddha, Dhamma and Sangha
27. What was the entry in Buddhism called?
28. According to Buddha, what principle do the Goddesses come under?
Answer: Theories of karma
29. What has Buddha said about the incident of Trishna?
30. How many parts of Buddha’s followers were divided into?
Answer: Two (monk and worshiper) (भिक्षुक और उपासक)
31. What is the place where Buddha had attained the knowledge?
32. When and where was the death of Mahatma Buddha?
Answer: Kushinagar (Uttar Pradesh) in 483 BC.
33. What has been said in the history of the death of Mahatma Buddha in Buddhism?
34. What was the last sermon given by Mahatma Buddha?
Answer: “All things are defective, so human beings must be their own trail.
35. In whose reign did the first Buddhist music happen?
36. Where did the third Buddhist music happen?
37. Who was the most beloved and devoted disciple of Gautama Buddha?
38. Who was the first woman to adopt Buddhism?
Answer: Buddha’s mother Prajapati Gautami
39. Which king is credited with spreading Buddhism outside India?
Answer: Emperor Ashoka
40. Who were the first two followers of Buddha?
Answer: Kallik Tapasu
41. Where was Buddha’s first statue built?
Answer: Art of Mathura (मथुरा कला)
42. In what style was the Buddha statue created in the largest number?
Answer: Gandhara style
43. Is Buddhism the ultimate religion goal?
44. Which of the following religions was started from the beginning of the religious procession?
45. What is the most sacred festival of Buddhists?
Answer: Vaishak Poornima
46. By what name is Vaishak Poornima better known?
Answer: Buddha Purnima
47. Who believe in non-believers?
Answer: Buddhism and Jainism
48. The Buddha rejected the authenticity of which?
Answer: The Vedas
49. Who gave the emperor Ashoka to Buddhism?
Answer: Mogliiputta Tissa
50. Where was the fourth Buddhist music?
Answer: Kundalvan (Kashmir)
If you want to about Gautama Buddha and Bddhist click on the link of Wikipaedia
For more general knowledge questions and answers please visit this link: GK QUESTIONS & ANSWERS. Pl. share the post on Social Media.