Embedded systems MCQ questions answer pdf – multiple choice questions in embedded systems pdf for preparation IT academic and competitive exams.
Top 65 Embedded systems mcq questions answers
1. ___ is the basic building block of software written under an RTOS.
2. TCB stands for ___.
Ans. Task Control Block
3. When other tasks can run, the kernel can switch control to the user-supplied routine instead of to the idle task. (True or False)
4. When a task is first created and made ready to run, the kernel puts it into the ___.
Ans. ready state
5. ___ occurs when higher priority tasks use all of the CPU execution time and lower priority tasks do not get to run.
Ans. CPU starvation
6. On a single-processor system, only one task can run at a time. (Yes or No)
7. What happens when memory is acquired but not released?
Ans. A memory leak occurs
8. Endless-loop tasks do the majority of the work in the application by handling inputs and outputs.
(True or False)
9. Tasks synchronize and communicate amongst themselves by using ___.
Ans. intertask primitives
10. The ___ tracks the number of times a semaphore has been acquired or released by maintaining a token count.
11. The ___ is the part of the scheduler that performs context switching and changes the flow of execution.
12. When a binary semaphore’s value is 0, the semaphore is considered ___.
13. Ownership of a mutex is gained when a task first locks the mutex by releasing it. (True or False)
14. What happens when a higher priority task is blocked and is waiting for a resource being used by a lower priority task?
Ans. Priority inversion occurs
15. ___ specify the initial semaphore state and the task-waiting order.
16. To clear all tasks waiting on a semaphore task-waiting list, some kernels support a ___ operation.
17. Two tasks can communicate for the purpose of synchronization without exchanging data. (True or False)
18. A ___ can be used to serialize access to a shared resource.
19. A message queue is like a ___.
20. QCB stands for ___.
Ans. Queue Control Block
21. Which scheduling provides each task with an equal share of the CPU execution time?
22. ___ are concurrent and independent threads of execution that can compete for CPU execution time.
23. Different kernels store message queues in different locations in memory. (True or False)
24. ___ are much like queues.
25. ___ are kernel objects that provide unstructured data exchange and facilitate synchronization among tasks.
26. Creating a named pipe is similar to creating a ___.
27. A pipe is mainly used for ___ or ISR-to-task data transfer.
28. An event register can count the occurrences of the same event while it is pending. (True or False)
29. A ___ is a software interrupt that is generated when an event has occurred.
30. The number and type of signals defined is both system-dependent and ___ dependent.
31. A condition variable can be associated with ___.
Ans. multiple conditions
32. A task must first acquire the ___ before evaluating the predicate.
33. Embedded systems must be reliable. (True or False)
34. Typically, the processor’s performance is expressed in ___.
35. ___ IO operations are at certain fixed data rates.
36. ___ are the portions of the program code that handle the interrupt requests.
Ans. Interrupt Service Routines (ISR)
37. The time required for the CPU to return to the interrupted code /highest priority task is called ___.
Ans. interrupt recovery time
38. An embedded system with a single CPU can run only one process at an instance. (True/False)
39. Errors dealing with queues can be reduced by ___.
40. In embedded systems code must be stored in ___ and data in ___.
Ans. ROM, RAM
41. ___ is a real-time operating system made and sold by Wind River Systems of Alameda, California, USA.
42. ___ is based on the idea of running most of the OS in the form of a number of small tasks, known as servers.
43. In a multi-tasking RTOS, each task needs to be allocated with an amount of memory for storing their contexts for ___.
Ans. context switching
44. Heap memory is typically used by the kernel for dynamic memory allocation of data space for tasks. (True/False)
45. Fundamental to the operation of most pre-emptive RTOSs is the concept of a tick timer or heartbeat. (True/False)
46. What is the advantage of a short system tick?
Ans. Accurate timings
47. ARM is an acronym for ___.
Ans. Advanced RISC Machines
48. The RISC architecture follows the philosophy that ___ instruction should be performed every clock cycle.
49. ___ is a von Neumann architecture machine, while ___ uses Harvard architecture.
Ans. ARM7, ARM9
50. SHARC is a high-performance floating-point and fixed-point DSP from Analog Devices. (True/False)
51. CAN stands for ___.
Ans. Controller Area Network
52. ___ is generically referred to as a “two-wire interface”.
53. The I²C reference design has a ___ address space with 16 reserved addresses.
54. The transmission starts when SDL is pulled low while SCL remains high. (True or False)
55. The CAN is a ___ type of bus.
56. CAN is a synchronous bus – all transmitters must send at the same time for bus arbitration to work.
(True or False)
57. When all nodes are transmitting 1s, the bus is said to be in the ___ state.
58. Using ___ devices, high baud rates and high busloads with many messages can be handled.
Ans. Full CAN
59. ___ protocol provides connectionless, packet-based communication.
60. A node that transmits data among different types of networks is known as a ___.
61. 68. The canonical example of a pipelined processor is a ___ processor, with five stages.
62. HTTP stands for ___.
Ans. HyperText Transport Protocol
63. ___ is a little-endian processor.
64. Which is the latest processor in the TigerSHARC family?
65. Modern processors have ___ instruction pipelines.
Thanks for visiting our website, you like you may download Embedded systems MCQ questions answers pdf.