Business Communication MCQ Quiz – Multiple Choice Questions and Answers for preparation of academic and competitive exams.
Business Communication MCQ with Answers
1. We cannot understand the intention of the author while reading any given text.
2. A book is read-only for the pleasure of reading it.
3. The intention of reading a medical report is to gain information.
4. Reading is an encoding process of communication.
5. A problem-solving meeting is the most frequently held type of meeting.
6. Match the following
|i) Nominal Group Technique||a. Mini – meeting|
|ii) Convergence||b. Outline of meeting|
|iii) Minutes||c. Unbiased|
|iv) Meeting etiquette||d. Permanent record|
|v) Opening the meeting||e. Different viewpoints|
Ans. i) c, ii) e, iii) d, iv) a, v) b
7. After the meeting, follow-up must be done by the ___ and the ___
Ans. Chairperson; participants/members
8. A meeting without an agenda and convergence is a meeting that lacks ___
9. A meeting where there are unrelated discussions is one that lacks ___ Ans. Focus
10. Meetings are efficiently conducted when they are ___ and ___
11. Meetings are ineffective when ___ are not made. Ans. Decisions
12. A memo is used only for upward communication. Ans. False
13. One of the three “C’s” of précis writing is “Components.”
14. Unlike a regular report, the memo is brief and informal.
15. Match the Following
|i) Passive voice||a. Main message|
|ii) Direct organizational plan||b. Reasons first|
|iii) Persuasive memo||c. Regular reports|
|iv) Indirect organizational plan||d. Informational memo|
|v) Subject Line||e. Call for action|
Ans. i) c, ii) d, iii) e, iv) b, v) a
16. A ___ is a type of legal document.
17. A common purpose of notices and circulars is to ___, rather than ___.
Ans. Inform; persuade
18. A ___ ___ notice is an example of a notice sent to individual employees.
Ans. Show cause
19. The intranet is part of an informal communication network.
20. The intranet can be customized to meet the needs of smaller companies.
21. The intranet encourages grapevine.
22. The intranet can make meetings more focused.
23. The intranet involves high investment in maintenance and training.
24. Match the following
|i) “WIFM” principle||a. Acronym|
|ii) “P’s and Q”s||b. Reader benefits|
|iii) Shouting||c. Bullet points and white space|
|iv) Readability||d. All capital letters|
|v) FYI||e. Etiquette|
Ans. i) b, ii) e, iii)d, iv) c, v) a
25. ___ and ___ channels are used to communicate with shareholders.
Ans. Oral; written
26. Project site and factory visits are part of ___ communication with shareholders.
27. Effective communication with shareholders means being ___ with them.
28. The language of business letters is similar to the language of advertising.
29. Every business letter should have a salutation, a body and a close.
30. The tone of a business letter is more important than the format.
31. Match the following –
|i) Adjustment||a) Rejecting a business proposal|
|ii) Order letter||b) Persuasive message|
|iii) Bad newsletter||c) Routine letters|
|iv) AIDA format||d) Supplier|
|v) Credit and collection letters||e) Replacement of the defective product|
Ans. i) e, ii) d. iii) a , iv) b, v) c
32. A letter expressing a goodwill message should follow the ___ organizational plan.
33. Granting a request for a refund at the beginning of a letter means presenting the ___ ___ first.
Ans. Main idea
34. A ___ is an opening statement in a bad newsletter.
35. In a persuasive letter, the indirect plan is called the ___ ___.
Ans. AIDA format
36. In an indirect plan, they ___ are presented first.
Ans. Reasons / explanations
37. A press release is a paid form of communication.
38. Maintaining good media relations is important for getting a press or news release accepted.
39. The purpose of a press release is to sell a company’s products.
40. Match the following –
|i) Corporate advertising objective||a. Display logo and message|
|ii) Event sponsorship||b. Change of attitude|
|iii) Corporate social responsibility||c. Company viewpoint|
|iv) Advocacy advertising||d. Protect corporate reputation|
|v) Crisis communication||e. Public Service Advertising|
Ans. i) b, ii) a, iii) e, iv) c, v) d
41. Product advertising can communicate effectively without words, through the choice of an appropriate ___.
42. Interest in a product can be built by developing a ___ ___ ___.
Ans. Unique selling proposition
43. Another name for the AIDA format is the ___.
Ans. Hierarchy of effects
44. A business report is a subjective presentation of information.
45. There is no single format for a business report.
46. The purpose of a proposal is to inform.
47. A compliance report is a one-time report.
48. The quality of a report is judged by its visual appeal.
49. Match the following
|i) Memo format||a. Bibliography|
|ii) Preliminary part||b. Technical specifications|
|iii) Problem definition||c. Informal|
|iv) Appendix||d. Body of report|
|v) Documentation||e. Executive summary|
Ans. i) c , ii) e, iii)d, iv) b, v) a
50. Audience analysis helps to determine the ___ and the ___ of the report.
Ans. Tone/length; formality/complexity
51. The survey method is used to gather ___ data for a report.
52. ___ ___ and ___ are two ways of making a report more convincing.
Ans. Expert opinions; documentation/references/bibliography
53. The use of ___ ___ is a recommended technique of writing style in business reports.
Ans. Transition sentences/concrete nouns/correct tenses
54. It is better to emphasize the ___ in a report rather than the ___.
Ans. Ideas; writer/reader
55. Resumes should be tailored to the needs of different employers.
56. In a chronological resume, only the most recent job is listed.
57. A functional resume is more applicable for experienced candidates.
58. The components included in a resume will depend on the type of resume.
59. There is no prescribed length for a resume.
60. Match the following –
|i) Solicited application letter||a. Providing evidence and benefits|
|ii) Less competition for the applicant||b. Relating qualifications with job|
|iii) Attention-getting opening||c. Subject line|
|iv) Creating interest||d. Unsolicited application letter|
|v) Convincing prospective employer||e. Showing familiarity with the employer|
Ans. i) c, ii) d, iii) e, iv) b, v) a
61. Letters of recommendation should contain ___ ___ And ___ ___.
Ans. Relevant information; legal safeguards
62. The indirect organizational plan is used to write ___ ___ letters and ___ ___ letters.
Ans. Job refusal; negative recommendation
63. A ___ ___ letter conveys good news.
Ans. Job acceptance
64. A GD is a free-wheeling discussion, with full freedom given to participants to select topics of their choice.
65. A GD evaluates participants based on the solution offered to a problem
66. What you say in a GD is as important as how you say it.
67. Match the following
|i. Environmental barrier||a. Psychological noise|
|ii. Individual barrier||b. Physical noise|
|iii. Understanding customers’ problems||c. Organizational barrier|
|iv. Suppressing the views of junior employees||d. Active listening|
|v. Speaking with a foreign accent||e. Written communication channel|
|vi. Messages with multiple meanings||f. Eye movements|
|vii. Non-verbal communication||g. Cultural barrier|
|viii. Letter addressing customer complaints||h. Semantic barrier|
Ans. i) b ii) a iii) d iv) c v) g vi) h vii) f viii) e
68. A ___ is one where a panel of interviewers interviews a single applicant
a. Group discussion
b. Personal interview
c. Feedback session
d. Group interview
69. In a traditional job search approach, you seek employment in a particular company.
70. ___ increases the likelihood of getting candidates with initiative and foresight.
a. Solicited application
c. Unsolicited job application letter
d. Recommendation letter.
71. ___ resume is appropriate when you are changing your career completely.
72. A progress meeting is the most challenging type of meeting.
73. An agenda provides an outline of how the meeting will run.
74. Only problem-solving meetings need to be planned in advance
75. An agenda is prepared by the participants of the meeting.
Click the link for more MCQs
Dear reader if you like the Business Communication MCQ Quiz please do not forget to share it on social media.