Best MBA Colleges in India – Top management colleges in India: MBA is one of the most aspired for Post Graduate qualifications in India. While preparing for various entrance exams, students are often confused about which colleges to apply to.
Some parameters to be considered before applying to any college are the brand value of the business school, cost of the tuition fees, the average salary of the entire batch etc.
List of Best MBA Colleges in India – Top management colleges in India
Tier-1 Business School in India
1. Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIMA)
Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIM Ahmedabad or IIMA) is a public business school located in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. It was the second Indian Institute of Management (IIM) to be established, after IIM Calcutta.
Established in 1961, the institute offers postgraduate diploma programmes in management and agri-business management, a fellowship programme and a number of executive training programmes. The Institute’s founding director was Ravi J. Matthai. Other notable founding figures were the Indian physicist Vikram Sarabhai and Indian businessman Kasturbhai Lalbhai. This Institute is on the top list of Best MBA Colleges in India.
Indian School of Business (ISB) is a private business school with campuses in two states of India, one in Hyderabad, Telangana and one in Mohali, Punjab. This Institute is in the 2nd no in list of Best MBA Colleges in India. It was established in 2001 and offers various postgraduate management programs. ISB was started in 1996 by a group of Businessmen and Academicians. Co-founders Rajat Gupta and Anil Kumar (both McKinsey & Company senior executives) worked together and directed teams of McKinsey consultants to start the school. Worldwide, the Financial Times has ranked ISB #27 in its Global MBA Ranking 2017, the top-ranking institute in India.
IIMC is a public business school located in Joka, Kolkata, West Bengal, India. It was the first Indian Institute of Management established by the Government of India in November 1961 in collaboration with Alfred P. Sloan School of Management (MIT), the Government of West Bengal, The Ford Foundation and Indian industry. This Institute is in the 3rd no in list of Best MBA Colleges in India.
IIM Calcutta is the first triple-accredited management school from India (and one amongst 86 such business schools globally) to have accreditation from Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) and Association of MBAs (AMBA). It is also the only Indian business school that is a member of the Global Alliance in Management Education (CEMS).
4. Indian Institute of Management Lucknow (IIM-L)
The Indian Institute of Management Lucknow (abbreviated IIM Lucknow or IIM-L) is an autonomous public business school in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India. It was established in 1984 as the fourth Indian Institute of Management (IIM) by the Government of India. IIM Lucknow offers post-graduate diplomas, fellowships and executive programs in management. It is recognized as an “Institution of Excellence” by India’s Ministry of Human Resource Development. IIM Lucknow also serves as the mentor institution for the newly established IIM Jammu, IIM Rohtak and IIM Kashipur. It also served as a mentor institute to IIM Sirmaur till 2018. This Institute is in the 4th no in list of Best MBA Colleges in India.
5. XLRI – Xavier School of Management – Jamshedpur
XLRI – Xavier School of Management is a management school founded in 1949 by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits) and based in Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, India. This Institute is in the 5th no in list of Best MBA Colleges in India.
XLRI began by offering courses for management and trade unions in 1949 before setting up a two-year, full-time program in industrial welfare in 1953. In 1955 it took on the name Xavier Labor Relations Institute and became India’s oldest business management school. The Jesuit-managed school offers numerous programs: a full-time, 2-year, post-graduate program in Business Management, Personnel Management, & Industrial Relations (renamed Human Resources Management in 2011); Global Business Management; a 15-month, full-time, General Management Program (PGDM-GM); a doctoral fellow program (FPM); and several executive education programs including a three-year, part-time programme in Business Management for Working Executives and Business Owners.
6. Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB)
Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB) is a public management school and an Institute of National Importance located in Bangalore, Karnataka, India. Founded in 1973, it was the third IIM to be established, after IIM Calcutta and IIM Ahmedabad. This Institute is in the 6th no in list of Best MBA Colleges in India.
It offers Post Graduate, Doctoral and executive training programmes. The Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP), a two-year, full-time residential MBA programme is IIMB’s flagship programme. In addition to its main academic programmes, IIMB is also engaged in facilitating research, offering consulting services, conducting seminars and academic conferences and publishing journals.
The Indian Institute of Management Indore (often abbreviated as IIM-I) is an autonomous public business school located in Indore, Madhya Pradesh in India. Instituted in 1996, IIM Indore is the sixth addition to the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) family of management schools. IIM Indore started offering its two-year full-time (residential) Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP) at Ras al-Khaimah (UAE) in 2011. It is the first IIM to have started operations outside India. In 2013, IIM Indore shifted its Ras al-Khaimah operations to Dubai. However, in 2014, it shut down its operations in its UAE campus. This Institute is in the 7th no in list of Best MBA Colleges in India.
Tier-2 Business School in India
It is a multi-disciplinary university with campuses at Bangalore, Hyderabad, Indore, Mumbai, Navi Mumbai and Shirpur, having 12 constituent schools that include Management, Engineering, Pharmacy, Architecture, Commerce, Business Economics, Science, Law, Aviation, Liberal Arts, Design & Distance Learning. It has been accredited by NAAC with 3.59 CGPA (out of 4) and Grade ”A+”.
The New Delhi Institute of Management (NDIM) is a private not-for-profit business school in Tughlakabad, New Delhi. Established in 1992, NDIM offers AICTE-approved 2-year full-time PGDM. The PGDM at NDIM is Approved by the AICTE since 1996, declared equivalent to MBA by the AICTE in 2008 and is Internationally Accredited by ASIC, the UK with Premier College Status. The nearest Metro Station is at Saket and GK-2.
Symbiosis International University, officially Symbiosis International (Deemed University), is deemed to be a university located in India. The university has 28 academic institutions spread over ten locations in Bangalore, Hyderabad, Nashik, Noida and Pune. The university’s School for Liberal Arts is a member of the Alliance of Asian Liberal Arts Universities (AALAU).
4. IIFT – Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) is an autonomous public business school established in 1963 by the Government of India (Ministry of Commerce and Industry) to help professionalize the country’s foreign trade management and increase exports by developing human resources; generating, analysing and disseminating data; and conducting research. Its flagship program is the Master of Business Administration in International Business (MBA-IB). IIFT has conferred the status of Deemed University in 2002. It conducts an autonomous entrance examination across various centres in India.
5. Birla Institute of Technology and Science
Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani (shortened BITS Pilani or BITS) is a private institute of higher education and a deemed university under Section 3 of the UGC Act 1956. The institute is one among the 6 Indian ‘Institutes of Eminence’ recognized by the Government of India in 2018. It is established across 4 campuses and has 15 academic departments. It focuses primarily on higher education in engineering and sciences and on its management programme.
The institute was established in its present form in 1964. During this period, the institute’s transformation from a regional engineering college to a national university was backed by G.D. Birla. BITS, since then, has expanded to campuses at Pilani, Goa, Hyderabad and Dubai.
BITS conducts the All-India computerized entrance examination, BITSAT (BITS Admission Test). Admission is merit-based, as assessed by the BITSAT examination. The fully residential institute is privately supported.
6. IMI – International Management Institute, New Delhi
International Management Institute, New Delhi, known as IMI, New Delhi is a private business school located in New Delhi, India. Established in the year 1981, it was India’s first corporate-sponsored business school. Sanjiv Goenka, Chairman of the RP-Sanjiv Goenka Group, is the Chairman of the IMI Governing Committee. IMI, New Delhi is located in Qutab Institutional Area, New Delhi, India; its other campuses are located in Kolkata and Bhubaneshwar. It is one of the seven B-schools in India to have received accreditation from the international accreditation agency, Association of MBAs (AMBA). The B-school publishes an international business journal, Global Business Review with Sage Publications.
7. FORE School of Management
The FORE School of Management best known as FORE, is a premier management institute located in New Delhi, India. FORE stands for ‘Foundation for Organizational Research and Education. Established in 1981, the school is located in heart of South Delhi. It offers Post Graduate education. In addition to its main academic programmes, FORE is also engaged in Research, Consultancy, seminars, academic conferences and research publications
Tier-3 Business School in India
1. Jaipuria Institute of Management
Jaipuria Institute of Management is a private college of management with four colleges, located in Lucknow, Noida, Jaipur and Indore, all in India.
The Lucknow campus was accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with an “A” grade in 2012 and so was the Noida campus. The Noida campus was also accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) in 2015 as was the Jaipur campus in 2016. The Jaipur campus is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
2. Institute of Management Technology
Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad abbreviated as IMT, is a business school with its main campus at Ghaziabad in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. It is consistently ranked as one of India’s best business schools. It is an AICTE approved business school and offers postgraduate diploma and executive education programmes in management. It also offers distance learning and collaborative programmes.
3. Lovely Professional University
Lovely Professional University (LPU) is a private university situated in Jalandhar, Punjab, India. The university was established in 2005 by Lovely International Trust, under The Lovely Professional University Act, 2005 (Punjab Act 25 of 2005) and started operation in 2006. With 24,000 students in 2010, it claims to be the largest single-campus private university in India.
4. Amity University
Amity Business School is a private business school in India offering management programs at graduate, postgraduate and doctoral levels. It is part of the Amity education group and affiliated with UGC India.
5. GLIM, Chennai (Great Lakes Institute of Management)
Great Lakes Institute of Management (also known as Great Lakes or GLIM) is a private business school in India. It was founded in 2004 by Bala V. Balachandran, a professor at Kellogg School of Management with its first campus in Chennai. Great Lakes’ second campus started functioning in Delhi NCR in 2011. Great Lakes offers full-time and executive postgraduate programmes in management. Great Lakes was accredited by AMBA, one of the three main global accreditation bodies. It has two campuses, one on the outskirts of Chennai and one in Gurgaon, Delhi NCR.
Great Lakes Institute of Management is among the first business schools in India to offer a one year full-time management programme. Its one-year Post-Graduate Program in Management (PGPM) became the first one year full-time management programme to be accredited by India’s higher technical education regulator AICTE in 2008.
6. Institute of Marketing and Management
The IMM Graduate School is a private university owned by the Institute of Marketing Management in South Africa. It offers a broad selection of programmes and qualifications in marketing, supply chain and business management. The IMM Graduate School issues certificates, diplomas and degrees in business and marketing. The school provides most of its teaching through distance learning, but students can supplement their distanced learning by receiving academic support at one of their Student Support Centres situated throughout Africa.
A general List of Business Schools in India
1. ABV- Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management, Gwalior
2. Acharya Institute of Management and Sciences, Bangalore
3. Acharya Institute of Technology, Bangalore
4. Acharya’s Bangalore Business School, Bangalore
5. Adani Institute of Infrastructure Management, Ahmedabad
6. Alliance School of Business, Bangalore
7. Amity Business School, Noida
8. Amrita School of Business, Coimbatore
9. Balaji Institute of International Business, Tathawade
10. Balaji Institute of Management and Human Resource Development, Tathawade
11. Balaji Institute of Modern Management, Tathawade
12. Balaji Institute of Telecom and Management, Tathawade
13. Bharathidasan Institute of Management, Tiruchirapalli
14. Bharati Vidyapeeth’s Institute of Management Studies and Research, Navi Mumbai
15. Bharati Vidyapeeth’s Institute of Mgmt. & Research, Delhi
16. BIMTECH, Greater Noida
17. Centre for Management Studies, North Eastern Regional Institute of Science & Technology, Nirjuli
18. Chitkara Business School, Chandigarh
19. Christ University Institute of Management, Bangalore
20. Delhi School of Management, Delhi Technological University, Delhi
21. Department of Business Administration, Assam University, Silchar
22. Department of Business Administration, University of Lucknow, Lucknow
23. Department of Business Management, Osmania University, Hyderabad
24. Department of Industrial and Management Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
25. Department of Management Sciences, University of Pune, Pune
26. Department of Management Studies, Anna University, Chennai
27. Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
28. Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
29. Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
30. Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
31. Department of Management Studies, Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad
32. Department of Management Studies, Malaviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur
33. Department of Management Studies, National Institute of Technology, Durgapur
34. Department of Management Studies, National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirapalli
35. Department of Management, Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra
36. Dhruva College of Management, Hyderabad
37. Faculty of Management Studies, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
38. Faculty of Management Studies, Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara
39. Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi, Delhi
40. Faculty of Management, Jiwaji University, Gwalior
41. FLAME School of Business, Pune
42. FORE School of Management, New Delhi
43. Fortune Institute of International Business, Delhi
44. Goa Institute of Management, Goa
45. Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
46. Himachal Pradesh University Business School, Shimla
47. ICFAI Business School, Hyderabad
48. Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, Delhi
49. Indian Institute of Forest Management, Bhopal
50. Indian Institute of Health Management Research, Jaipur
51. Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
52. Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
53. Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta
54. Indian Institute of Management, Indore
55. Indian Institute of Management, Kashipur
56. Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode
57. Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow
58. Indian Institute of Management, Raipur
59. Indian Institute of Management, Ranchi
60. Indian Institute of Management, Rohtak
61. Indian Institute of Management, Tiruchirapalli
62. Indian Institute of Management, Udaipur
63. Indian Institute of Social Welfare and Business Management, Kolkata
64. Indian School of Business (Hyderabad+Mohali)
65. Indira School of Business Studies, Pune
66. Indus Business Academy, Bangalore
67. Institute for Financial Management and Research, Chennai
68. Institute of Finance and International Management, Bangalore
69. Institute of Management Studies, Ghaziabad
70. Institute of Management Studies, Noida
71. Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
72. Institute of Management, Nirma University, Ahmedabad
73. Institute of Management, Pt Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur
74. Institute of Public Enterprise, Hyderabad
75. Institute of Rural Management, Anand
76. Institute of Rural Management, Jaipur
77. ITM Business School, Navi Mumbai
78. ITM School of Business, Gwalior
79. ITS Institute of Management, Greater Noida
80. Jaipuria Institute of Management, Indore
81. Jaipuria Institute of Management, Lucknow
82. Jaipuria Institute of Management, Noida
83. Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
84. Justice KS Hegde Institute of Management, Udupi
85. Karunya School of Business, Leadership and Management, Karunya University, Coimbatore
86. KCT Business School, Coimbatore
87. Kirloskar Institute of Advanced Management Studies, Harihar
88. Kirloskar Institute of Advanced Management Studies, Pune
89. KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai
90. Lovely Professional University, Phagwara
91. Loyola Institute of Business Administration, Chennai
92. MAEER’s MIT School of Business, Pune
93. Management Development Institute, Gurgaon
94. MOP Vaishnav College for Women, Chennai
95. MS Ramaiah Institute of Management, Bangalore
96. Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
97. National Institute of Agricultural Extension Management, Hyderabad
98. National Institute of Industrial Engineering, Mumbai
99. NSHM Knowledge Campus, Kolkata
100. PES University, Bangalore (MBA)
101. Presidency College, Bangalore
102. Prestige Institute of Management and Research, Indore
103. Prin. LN Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research, Bangalore
104. Prin. LN Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research, Mumbai
105. PSG Institute of Management, Coimbatore
106. Quantum School of Business, Roorkee
107. Rajagiri Centre for Business Studies, Cochin
108. Rajiv Gandhi Indian Institute of Management, Shillong
109. School of Management Studies, Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, Sathyamangalam
110. School of Management Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad
111. School of Management Studies, Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad
112. School of Management Studies, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad
113. School of Management, Centurion University of Technology and Management, Paralakhemundi
114. School of Management, National Institute of Technology, Rourkela
115. School of Management, National Institute of Technology, Warangal
116. School of Management, Pondicherry University, Puducherry
117. School of Management, SRM University, Chennai
118. SCMS Cochin School of Business, Cochin
119. Shailesh J Mehta School of Management, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
120. Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara Institute for Management Development, Mysore
121. Shri Ram Murti Smarak International Business School, Lucknow
122. Siva Sivani Institute of Management, Secunderabad
123. Sona School of Management, Salem
124. SP Jain Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai
125. Sri Sai Ram Institute of Management Studies, Chennai
126. Sydenham Institute of Management Studies, Research and Entrepreneurship Education, Mumbai
127. Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology, Pune
128. Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development, Pune
129. Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune
130. Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies, Pune
131. Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, Nashik
132. TA Pai Management Institute, Manipal
133. Thiagarajar School of Management, Thirupparankundram
134. Universal Business School, Raigad
135. University School of Management Studies, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi
136. Veltech Business School, Chennai
137. Vinod Gupta School of Management, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
138. VIT Business School, Vellore
139. Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship, Bangalore
140. Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar
141. Xavier Labour Relations Institute, Jamshedpur
Getting admission in Tier-1 colleges require extremely hard work and patience. One has to score well in CAT/MAT and qualify entrance exam along with Group discussion and Personal Interview to get admission in these colleges.
When we come to Tier-2 and Tier-3, these colleges are best in terms of-
- Placement Records
- Companies coming for Placement
- Average Salary Package
Though in my views NDIM offers a valuable experience to each of its students and ranked among top and best MBA colleges in Delhi. Please check, verify and got satisfied then only take the admission in any college. Ask family members, friends and seniors of respected Institute then only take the decision. Best of luck for your career in Business Management.
Thanks for reading our post on “Best MBA Colleges in India”. If you liked this post please do not forget to share on social media.